My Insurance is lower than I thought

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
I am with Geico and they have this payment plan where I only pay like Feb through October, then I am paid up and don't have to pay anything for three months.

My last payment I made was October. Haven't received a bill yet for another payment, that was when I looked online and found out I don't have a payment due until Feb 06

So.. what that means is my insurance is $810.00 per year.

So if anyone is interested in insurance, check out Geico. For my area I checked all other insurance carriers, and Geico was the cheapest

Geico is to much dinero. Try out State Farm, 264 a year with full coverage. Granted I have all my cars with them. They use your other policys as a rider for your motorcycle insurance, so I have everything from un-insured motorist to rental car. As far as automobile insurance, they are saving me a fortune compared to allstate. Im not what geico will give me for my cars, but if I sent my bike to them for 810 a year, im pretty positive ill be F**ked. Couldnt hurt to give them a call, I had three friends with bike transfer cars and bike to them because of the savings.

Dave (Coach)

Thanks Dave.. I will check them out.

All of our vehicles are with Geico. We had state farm at one time. We had all of out vehicles AND our home owners insurance for two homes and they still quoted me higher than Geico.

I think for me it has to do with living in Cali. I am 42 with a clean record....

I pay 37/month for year round coverage with State Farm. First month due up front. I'm 36 and have 2 other vehicles on full coverage and average a speeding ticket about every 2 years. Seems as soon as on gets wiped off I get another shortly after resulting in about an extra 15/month. They also give me a small discount for having electronic fund transfer, every little bit helps. Oh by the way this is in Columbus, Ohio.

guys....it's more about where you live than who you write with....State farm is good here in Cali, too....but still gonna be more than the midwest or south.

I have state farm.....I am 24.....and I have two points left on my license before suspension. I have my car and life insurance through them and have been with them since 16 so it might help.....but I only pay 88$ a month for full coverage with all those damn tickets. So yeah I am not complaining about state farm they have been nothing but cool with me also.

Mine went down also...$580 a year with a required $100 deductible full cov...I aint mad...
evil.gif

State Farm here, I pay $293.00 every six months or 48 bucks a month, 25yrs old with a DUI way back in 1998. Not bad for full coverage & the area that I live in" The Ghetto" AKA South Central Los Angeles"
wow.gif
laugh.gif

40 yrs old in the albuquerque area of new mexico with no tickets, accidents, etc; went with Progressive at first and paided out the A#%, then one day switched over to State Farm, Busa only, and now I pay about $70 a month full coverage/ uninsured.

State Farm way too high for me. Thru GMAC 390.00 yearly for full w/500 ded.

I guess it depends on your record and it also helps a lot if you took the MSF course. They wouldnt give me an extra deal because im a instructor (RiderCoach) but since I took the class I got a break.

I have State Farm and I'm looking for a different carrier because they don't offer Medical to ANYONE for a motorcycle policy period!

I'm currently shopping around for the best "Overall" coverage and rates.

What other company can some of you suggest with good medical also?
rock.gif

I had State Farm here in NorCal, and they only charged me $354/yr for full coverage on the Busa, and that was with it being the only vehicle on the policy.

You should get a quote from them.

34 yrs old, clean record in Illinois. Havent had a bike insured in over 8 years. Pekin insured my 05 for 599 year full coverage w/350 deduct. Progressive quoted me 2200!!!

34 yoa, state farm annual $265.00.  0 ded on comp and 100 on collission!. 100/300/100 25,000 on injurys

I had progressive at $1.00 per cc is the going rate!

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108948245 -->

I have State Farm and I'm looking for a different carrier because they don't offer Medical to ANYONE for a motorcycle policy period!

I'm currently shopping around for the best "Overall" coverage and rates.

What other company can some of you suggest with good medical also?  
rock.gif
rock.gif
I have State Farm and have medical coverage.

rock.gif

State Farm wouldn't even talk to me about bike insurance. They said even their regular customers are paying outrageous premiums. Funny how I could go 3 hours North to Oklahoma and get cheap insurance through State Farm, but not here in Texas. Got a good deal through AIG, but no discounts due to MSF course because they said it didn't make any difference in accident statistics. $700/year....can't complain.

Back