Are we getting bored with the busa?

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
When a bike gets old we tend to lose interest in it. That’s just a general truth about things that provide “Type A†entertainment. Look at the forum, most of the posts are about guns and politics. Gone are the projects and general mods too.
So I was wondering who here is still re-imagining the Busa? I know Doyle is working on a superbike and the Powerhouse Turbo is great reading. Personally I have run out of money to spend on the busa but I still have dreams:

1. Hard luggage, removable of course
  2. New wheels, something lighter. Thinking a 200 series on the back
  3. Bazzaz TC
  4. Brembo Calipers
  5. New, bigger top end with cams. Looking for 210 hp in a streetable form.
  6. Possibly an onboard computer.
I was just thinking that the next Hayabusa might more likely come from us rather than Suzuki. People just aren’t really into a bike this the Busa anymore. Maybe the reign of the king hyperbike is really over. I don’t see how Suzuki could keep the Busa as a flagship machine without some seriously competitive electronics, crazy “you can’t change this†suspension, and transformer engine management. If they do that a big chunk of the fun will be gone. Every Busa is just a little bit different. It’s not a bike to just ride, you have to personalize it. A new bike with Jetson gizmos just won’t be the same.
Why does a bike last for 15 years as the top of it’s class? Maybe the trick is a fundamentally great package that the buyers can finish?

Willie, this is a very interesting thread. In truth, I think there is a component of truth attached, we saw it with the Gen I a bit when the Gen II, came out.

IMO, there are a couple of this inside this:
1. People who buy the Busa (Gen I or Gen II) as opposed to other machines.
2. Current state of affairs in general- political climate, environment, economy,etc.
3. Big advances in technology that is accessible by the common person...

I know that I am no longer in search of the greatest gadget out there for Bessie; I enjoy riding her and want to better hone my skill. She is exactly the way that I want her now. I do almost everything to her myself, and I am very proud of that- but I don't have the money to spend to make her a performance machine, more than she already is.

I simply bought a second bike for the track for a different kind and level of enjoyment from motorcycling.

Going back to my reasons, #1 can be broken down by age, experience and ability (riding and mechanical) and means.
A person with means or ability can do wonders with these machines; a person with both (like Doyle) can do both.

#2, I believe is a factor because of the times and of the weather; people are
Sharing what is on their minds with people who are, in many cases, more than just screen names. Whether because of common knowledge, backgrounds, experience or just simply having met.

Even the Gen II's have been around for 6+ years- there aren't many things left to do with them that are completely new anymore...

None of this is to say that I am bored... I am just typing on my new phone:)

No loss of interest here.
I dont talk politics hardly, and this time of year my hobbies are widened from the shooting range, coyote hunting and workin on the Busa, and finding different beers to drink :laugh:
I still look at my Busa 25000 miles later as I did when I first seen her.

I love my bike and I'm in the midst of personalizing it now! MAY THE BUSA LIVE FOREVER!

If anything, my interest in my busa has increased in recent months as find my self doing more canyon riding with groups. I just added the +1" dog bones so that she'll corner even better. I'm having too much fun to lose interest. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: just want to ride mine better and learn to work on it myself. Missing my garage at this point, soon to rectify that situation though.. Enjoying learning how to do things.

My bike is as I imagined it. I spent the first two yrs here moddin in and now it's complete. I honestly thought for the longest time the other day what I could spend just a Lil money on and came up with nothing. My mental image has come true so now I just ride it.
It does seem more so though because of the winter season and political climate much surrounds other stuff though. When I first joined there was very little in random section and all was in the bike sections. Now it seems most all is in random and other than the two you mention nobody else I can think of is posting pics of fresh mods?

Oh well. Wanna see my new gun? :laugh:

Not bored with the bike, daily rider. The economy, so stagnant , so long, that the media doesn't even cover it :rofl: Oh that's right a Democrats in office. Not many can afford to do a bunch of great mods, but then again Suzuki gave us one heck of a bike to start with.

Then there's an out and out attempt to infringe on our second amendment rights. Maybe just maybe you are all good with the worst economy in my lifetime and probably the lifetime of any member, unemployment ..... truthfully at numbers never seen. What I'm saying is that so many people have been unemployed for so long they aren't even counted any longer, more people on government assistance than ever in the history of this country 47%-53%. That number was 17% just a few decades ago and that was ridiculous.

Just like every member here. I can choose what topics I want to open and believe it or not there's threads I open, read, and leave.

I was getting bored with the busa after my move to the flat lands so I made it my daily driver. It sure has made going to work more fun and any traveling I do, my company pays me per mile. Nothing better than getting paid to ride. Just takes a bit more planning when using a bike for primary transportation.

Honestly I think alot of people just don't have the money. I love my busa, soon to be wife loves my bike almost as much as I do. I really wanted to do the nice suspension and brembo brakes, carbon fiber body, just the whole works. But one day I really looked at it and I can save alot of money just buying a smaller gsxr to get that level of performance I want. Once I get my tax money I will be on the hunt for a second bike. Hopefully this summer I can start doing track days and really don't want to crash my baby. I feel that alot of people are just enjoying what they have now. I mean soon I will be buying a new jacket and helmet and maybe riding boots. Could I spend that money on mods, yes but I think it's a better idea to get better gear. This summer I get to host the Midwest meet and greet and honestly I would rather do that then any mod to my bike because I really want to meet the guys I talk to on here all the time. Right now I'm taking my body off to get painted but didn't post a thread so you guys don't have to wait a month to see her done. I will start posting pictures right before its all done. Right now with everything going on in politics and the economy, I'm enjoying the calm before the storm, not stressing over things I can't control.

How was the concert? Jack my own thread.......

It was great, I think? :laugh:

image.jpg

Still tinkering, although I did finish most of big long list of my 75+ mods I wanted to do when I bought the 08. I've got about 10 things left to do. Only got 36 days till the tour season starts & too much traveling to pull the bike apart once the tour season starts up.

Still updating the Mod thread though & 75% done with my massive webpage about the transformation: http://www.pashnit.com/hayabusa-mods-genII.htm

Just added the T-Rex Sliders. Plus shipped the Headlight out to SportBikeLites to get some custom mods to it.

Starting to tinker with lighting mods. Glowing bikes are not a big thing out here in CA, no one does that stuff, but it's fun to tinker with wiring, switches, solder & shrink wrap. After I finish this Intake Mod: adding Hyper LED's and a 3 watt LED fog lamps inside the intakes, I was thinking of lighting up the two intakes on either side. Might be kinda fun. Already got 5-thumbswitches that control the extra lights.

8440595120_2a273b1f16_b.jpg

personally, I think all the fancy electronics are overrated. just more chit to go wrong imo. I dont honestly see myself ever owning another bike.

I will just keep modifying this one. all I know is when I crack the throttle wide open its a rush no traction control, ABS, carbon fiber this or that or any other fancy add on could give me. and thats on pump gas.

and considering its a scorching 26 degrees outside right now:banghead: I am really lookn forward to spring time....:cheerleader:

I don't think people are bored maybe just don't have the available time like we once had. At least for me, that's the case. I got my dream job and have two kids now (3, 1) so when I'm off I relax with the family.

Now that I can afford to do whatever I want to it, I just don't have the TIME... :(

I've only got a couple things left to do and I'll probably be done if I can get in the 230mph range. Unless that just doesn't satisfy my speed craving I guess I could switch to a bigger Turbo but what's the point, hard to really use a 600whp+ Turbo BUSA... :laugh: ...I would probably make it a full blow RACE bike at that point but why? I always enjoyed the BUSA because it did EVERYTHING well and wasn't a 1-trick wonder.

Once I decide on some rear-sets, wheels, and maybe a Brembo upgrade I'll be done with it.

Then what?

Let's hope that Suzuki comes out with a 1441cc+ something and I'll get another... :thumbsup:

I have a ton of money in mine but still enjoy it fully. It is still faster and handles as well as brakes better than a ton of the new bikes out there. It is still comfortable and it will continue to run for a very long time. I still have a 1985 Kawasaki 750 Turbo and I still love working on it and riding it as well.

These motorcycles are meant to be ridden........

Back