Are Motorcyclist A Dying Breed?

I see this trend flourishing in Big cities but I don’t see it catching on in the rural areas. Try catching an Uber in nowhere’sville Montana.....

A lot of times people are catching Uber’s due to the cost of parking in big cities, traffic, and cost of living. When your paying $1,500 a month for a 1 bedroom apartment that doesn’t leave much room for a vehicle or recreational toy like a bike on minimum wage
don't foget the RIDICULOUS property taxes... makes me wanna gargle DRAINO... RIDICULOUS I tell you. and good luck getting into touch with the tax assessor... infuriates me.

Man , I'm liking your 'Stang , that gloss is real nice . Your old Busa in bac ground ?? , and lovely pic of your missus Ali123 . :thumbsup:

Man , I'm liking your 'Stang , that gloss is real nice . Your old Busa in bac ground ?? , and lovely pic of your missus Ali123 . :thumbsup:
yeah... thanks man... I'm not even a ford guy... but they wanted tooo much for the Camaro... but the car is one of the best cars I have ever owned.... a lot of fun to drive.

I like anything that's fast and has wheels... I do a lot of impromptu drag racing and highway pulls... I thought as I got older the urge to blow away the guy in the other lane would subside.... its actually gotten worse.... I don't have a million bucks like some of these guys with TT lambos and I know one guy that has two ford GTs(highly modified)... so now I got this boosted busa... should get the job done. time will tell

I get where you're coming from but I believe we are in the minority. Young people would gladly hand over any freedom if it means more texting time. I don't think the industry will have to force this on most, they will welcome it. Some are just lazy, for others like the old it will extend their independence considerably. As for accidents, no amount of failures will be as dangerous as letting idiots drive while texting. There will be revenue issues, as well as changes in industries like insurance and automotive repair.
don't worry guys... they will never get this technology 100 percent.... and no one company could assume the liability for any injuries/deaths.

Well, they can't even seem to get trains right yet...and they are on a track. A Google car crashed in vegas a few months ago.
Yes, the technology should be avail in 5 years, but it will take many many years to completely implement. Electric/hybrid cars have been around for quite some time, but due to new tech in batts and such, they now can be built affordably. I do see a time that some will buy or rent autonomous cars, but I do not see a time where all cars are autonomous ( in the next few centuries anyway).
I have this discussion with younger pilots about airlines. Yes, tech is there, but we will not see a pilotless cockpit for many reasons....even if they perfect a computer that can reason.
I def agree with you Arch that the "kids" today are not interested in cars, bikes, and just plain living!
But, like mentioned, I won't be around to see it! And the youngsters that will, won't care!
Troy
Btw Arch...u need to go out and ride more! Ur not safe behind the keyboard!!!
that's spot on correct.

I will continue to ride as long as I can hold a bike up, two up, commuting, whatever I feel like. However, autonomous cars could come soon to the bay area, and until they figure out a way to relieve congestion, bikes will be a part of many of our lives.

you interestingly I saw an article about how Harley is doing some bloodletting. closing one plant and reducing inventory after 2 years of something like 8% a year. something like that. Article said in part it had to do with aging baby boomers are dwindling and fewer people willing to pay 27k for a bagger. seems like some truth to that. probably many other things as well of course. but it sounds like it fits what the theme is here.

Harley are closing down a factory in my hometown Adelaide Australia , that made wheels for their bikes . Place called Cast Alloy , not far from me , applied for a job their one time when I was young .

Looking at all the new baggers out on the market, comparing price, they are all relatively close to the same compared BMW, Indian, and Harley.

Back