Apologies to vabusa

Status
Not open for further replies.

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Michelle,  let me publically apologize for the thread that I just removed from the board. You guys know the one I am referring to........ While the original post was a little funny and the banner itself wasnt that bad the comments that followed were... Michelle is not our group toy and I expect more respect for the ladies then the men of this board. Time and time again women come to this site and they are humiliated and talked about like they werent there. We have lost some GREAT women from coming to the site in the past... Lobusa is one of my all time favorites here but as you can see she doesnt post here anymore because someone took it too far.

Even though Michelle hasnt sent me a single email or PM on this I found it unacceptable and removed the thread. You guys need to think about what you post and remember that there are more people that read the board than just you. Once you put it in the database its there forever and I do not want Michelle ever viewed in the fashion she was.

We should hold the ladies high and be glad that they put up with us retarded men.

Michelle please apologize on my behalf to your husband also....

OK now thats over.....

Lets hear it from you fellas..

Let me be the very first one....

Im sorry.....

<!--EDIT|captain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140116799 -->

Me too Shell, you are doing a great job here, and I look forward to the next big group ride together!

P.

Sorry if I did anything out of line. Michelle is a great member of this community, and it would be a shame to loose her!

Doug

I apologized via a PM to Michelle directly probably as this was being posted. I felt myself getting to the line and felt I may have crossed it.
Michelle is a great person and an asset to this board. I apologize for getting out of line. This board is a better place because of the restraint shown 99+% of the time. Unfortunately I lacked said restraint.
I apologize to you as well Cap.. It's your house and I should know what does and doesn't belong here.
Sorry to all.

<!--EDIT|PDBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140132237 -->

anything i said that offended i apologize for -- she is a very kewl person and i would never mean to disrespect her or her family- im not sure if i even did but just in case im sorry
blush.gif

Sorry if I offended anyone. Not sure if I posted in that thread Capt is talkin about but if I did I sincerely apologize.
blush.gif

I didn`t posted anything in that tread...
I apoligies that I didn`t said anything. I think that photochopped picture in Nazi outfeet was way inappropriate.

I agree 100% with Captain. Michelle puts up with a lot, and I think she is quite resilient and would never say anything. On the other hand she may be holding it all in and plotting against you derelicts when you go on your next group ride
wink.gif

Sorry for those that went over the top, and Yes Cap is right we need to treat the woman of HG.org with a little more dignity.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140118389 -->

Sorry if I said somethin bad... I think my comment was that the time out corner needed to be expanded.... would appear I was right
wink.gif

I hope none of the comments caused any problems for ya Michelle
smile.gif

I thought Michelle was taking it well, and saw the humor in it, but I can also see Captain's point of view.

Michelle, I apologize if what I said was offensive to you. You and I know each other well enough to know it was all in fun, but I realize that others that haven't been around as long might not understand.
cool.gif

I didn't see the banner nor did I disrespect anyone in that thread....but I will apoligize to Michelle for all the other KNUCKLEHEADS that did.

THANK YOU MICHELLE
tounge.gif
for all you do here at the ORG
wink.gif

I think it is important that Michelle did see the humor in it. The fact is that she did not have a choice in the matter, and others including family may not have had the same opinion in the humnor.

Once again re-enforcing why I hang around here. I'm not even sure if I SAW that thread, let alone wether I posted there or not:blush: , but the fact that a thread with questionable posts toward the weaker (:p ) sex was removed is just plain cool.

also cool is the apologies from members that did post.

Proving once again that this IS the place to be. At least for folks like me:D

Thanks Cap, for running a tight ship and thanks VA for doing a super job here.

Every place needs a womans touch. It'd be pretty boring here without ya!

Michelle,
I thought the banner was funny, and I hadn't seen too many comments at that point, but it is easy to imagine the direction the posts could have turned. I am sorry if I did/said/posted anything that has made you uncomfortable (not just in this thread; at anytime) sometimes, it takes a brick to the head to make you step back and re-evaluate the way you treat and talk with people.
FWIW - I'm sorry.

Guys, guys, guys...I can't watch this anymore...
sad.gif
 All of this attention and the apologies aren't necessary...Doug, I told you, you have no reason to apologize
smile.gif
though I do understand the reason behind it...I miss LoBusa as well and I wish like hell she still posted here...
sad.gif
 I wish we did have more female members, but I keep scaring 'em off (kidding, kidding)...we need more so I have back-up!

I thought the banner was funny and I put it as my signature seeing the humor...once I realized it was drawing a bit too much attention, I took it down...seems that was just about the same time CAp removed the thread and then started apologizing.

I honestly don't let things like this get to me that much...I'm married to a guy, believe it or not
laugh.gif
and I know how men think, react, overreact...everything's fine for me guys...seriously, I appreciate Doug looking out for me and I do think the comments were heading toward getting a bit out of hand, but I asked for it by putting the banner up so it's just as much my fault...

'Nuff said guys...you're all the best (well, 'cept for that vic guy
tounge.gif
) and I hope that everyone takes this with a grain of salt...we do respect each other...I've never doubted that...I hold my own (I think) in this male-dominated board...maybe not in the twisties, but in sheer brain-power, certainly!  
laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

cool.gif

sad.gif

laugh.gif

Guys, guys, guys...I can't watch this anymore...
sad.gif
 All of this attention and the apologies aren't necessary...Doug, I told you, you have no reason to apologize
smile.gif
though I do understand the reason behind it...I miss LoBusa as well and I wish like hell she still posted here...
sad.gif
 I wish we did have more female members, but I keep scaring 'em off (kidding, kidding)...we need more so I have back-up!

I thought the banner was funny and I put it as my signature seeing the humor...once I realized it was drawing a bit too much attention, I took it down...seems that was just about the same time CAp removed the thread and then started apologizing.

I honestly don't let things like this get to me that much...I'm married to a guy, believe it or not
laugh.gif
and I know how men think, react, overreact...everything's fine for me guys...seriously, I appreciate Doug looking out for me and I do think the comments were heading toward getting a bit out of hand, but I asked for it by putting the banner up so it's just as much my fault...

'Nuff said guys...you're all the best (well, 'cept for that vic guy
tounge.gif
) and I hope that everyone takes this with a grain of salt...we do respect each other...I've never doubted that...I hold my own (I think) in this male-dominated board...maybe not in the twisties, but in sheer brain-power, certainly!  
laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

cool.gif
rock.gif

sad.gif

laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back