Anyone want to talk shop/garage flooring....?

Sorry I don't recall what exact acid I used. All I know is that it took my wife and me two days just to prep everything. First day to clean, vacuum, mop (used amonia), etc. Second day to do the acid clean (did it twice). Then the epoxy coat. Only one layer was needed.

What kind of an acid or cleaner, etc. do I need to use on the floor before applying the epoxy...?

Anyone have a how-to-site on doing this PROPERLY...? I want to do it right the first time so it lasts for many years. :thumbsup:

What kind of an acid or cleaner, etc. do I need to use on the floor before applying the epoxy...?

Anyone have a how-to-site on doing this PROPERLY...? I want to do it right the first time so it lasts for many years. :thumbsup:

The kit comes with Everything you need to do a one car garage! So, for me I bought three kits and took my time... Prep is the hardest thing to do and the most time consuming. I used a power washer and stiff bristled brush to clean the floor then applied the acid per the instructions. Painting the floor was actually the easiest part of this whole process and took less than 15 minutes a bay! Look here for the directions http://www.quikretecoatings.com/pdf/InstrShtGarageEnglish.pdf

All of those above look awsome! The things they can do now-a-dayz with concrete si so good you dont need tile ... I acid stained mine and it came out good but the finish I applied didnt so I will probly do it over in the fall.

April2007 115b.jpg

1124 Almondvista 011b.jpg

1124 Almondvista 042b.jpg

1124 Almondvista 021b.jpg

1124 Almondvista 048b.jpg

Last edited:
Kent,

Now that looks good! :thumbsup:

Can you provide anymore info on the acid stain...?

Otherwise, I'll have to wait until Nov/Dec to do the epoxy stuff. It says it must be 60-80 degrees for application and this Texas heat just won't allow it... :(

I have epoxy in the shop and in my garage... You can use muratic acid to clean the floors, its cheap but comes with a lot of safety requirements like ventilation and don't get it on you... Most of the kits come with an orange acid that comes from fruit and is concentrated. I swept my floor, rinsed it out, let it dry, applied the acid and let it sit, scrubbed it, rinsed it, then did all of that 3 more times......

Finally I let the floor dry good then coated the floor with a paint roller. We have a lot of vehicles that leak on it and we havn't found anything other than brake fluid that will stain it. Oil, tranny fluid all just wipe up.....

Best bang for the buck in my opinion, you can use a push broom or a mom to clean the floors... We used the lowes kits too....

cap

Back