Epoxy garage floor of shame.

Sorry about your luck, which epoxy brand did you use?

Mine turned out great, I couldn't be happier and will do it to any future house/shop I have... :thumbsup:

bummer! hate that it didnt work out for you...

when you pull the epoxy up dont smooth out the floor too much, leave it a little rough- the new layer of epoxy should level itself out and you will have adhesion to the floor... if you need a hand, i'm still right around the corner!:thumbsup:

when you pull the epoxy up dont smooth out the floor too much, leave it a little rough- the new layer of epoxy should level itself out and you will have adhesion to the floor... if you need a hand, i'm still right around the corner!:thumbsup:

Hey, you can't beat free help!!!:beerchug::beerchug:

Found another two jack stands and a handle, but the other piece is still somewhere in a box.:laugh:

Thanks for the complements.

Yep, those garage floors are a real bummer. It looks real good, but once I pierce the skin, I can peel it off like painters tape. I don't think its the epoxy, the floor is just super smooth, acid etching did not rough it up, so there is no adhesion. That's what we get if we don't have the experience I guess.

I'm in two minds what to do next ?

Diamond grind the floors and do them again, or put down a garage tile?

I don't want to post the brand, as they are working with me and Mr. Google finds brand names on this board like no other. It is one of the reputable ones though.

Will talk to the vendor again today, and post more pics tonight.

Back