Garage floor paint?

Aquaman

Banned Permanently By MC Mustang
I want to paint the cement floor in the garage. Does anyone have any recommendations on good paint that will not chip? Also, i want a little grit in it. Do you add sand, or is that included in the paint?

Any help is appreciated :beerchug:

It is a 1 bay garage, dont know how much i need to buy too

they sell **** with grit already in in !! at like a MAB paints or paint supply store.

I got mine from Home Depot. They have different kinds and colors...you will need to add the grit.

I bought the pre-mixed paint at Lowe's for my trailer. It was a little pricey but I think well worth it...

P1040144.jpg

Last edited:
you might look in Walmart, I saw garage floor paint kit in the automotive section. I did not read the box to see if it was an epoxy. I have been wanting to do the same thing. Just have not done the research yet.:whistle:

+1 that was what I was looking for in answers. does that spread with a roller or do you need a squeegie?

Goes on just like paint with a roller and brush for the edges and corners. You can get the kits from Walmart, Home Depot, or Lowes. They normally run around $55-$75 per kit. You'll need two for a two car garage. Don't forget the prep supplies also. Muriatic acid to etch, degreaser to remove any oil, etc. Check out epoxy-coat.com for a complete kit. Pricey but has everything in one convenient kit. Hope this helps.

Get epoxy not paint...

+1 that was what I was looking for in answers. does that spread with a roller or do you need a squeegie?

Goes on just like paint with a roller and brush for the edges and corners. You can get the kits from Walmart, Home Depot, or Lowes. They normally run around $55-$75 per kit. You'll need two for a two car garage. Don't forget the prep supplies also. Muriatic acid to etch, degreaser to remove any oil, etc. Check out epoxy-coat.com for a complete kit. Pricey but has everything in one convenient kit. Hope this helps.
:thumbsup: might try a nice blue. so the gsxr feels like its in the drink
:rofl:

ignore the distraction....rolled on this floor

edit........and the distraction is green...believe it or not.

Camaro 005 (Small) (2).jpg

Last edited:
ignore the distraction....rolled on this floor

edit........and the distraction is green...believe it or not.
??? why the cardboard under the distraction? is she incontinent? pee on the floor like those HD's
lol nice though i have a 67 plymouth, also likes to pee on my garage floor

epoxy works the best. Just like everything else that you ever paint, it always comes down to the prep work. Take your time, do it right and it'll last for years n years. Crappy prep and it'll flake in no time at all.

Garage.jpg

At home depot they had garage paint and stuff you sprinkle on it while wet to give it texture. Looked cool.

Bought the complete kit at Lowes... Comes with the epoxy, acid, and fleck! Easy schmeezy to do, prep work will take the longest amount of time! But, looks like a million dollars when your done. I'll see if I can find some pictures but might have to wait until I get home from work. I used a roller with a broom handle extension, then shake the flecks onto the surface like your putting red pepper on a pizza.

Back