garage floor

gurrera

Registered
Just finished painting my garage floor with rust-oleum 2 part epoxy shield garage floor coating kit.
What a job I had sanding most of the old paint off the floor.
Here is some before and after pictures .
HPIM5383 [50%].jpg
HPIM5385 [50%].jpg
HPIM5386 [50%].jpg
HPIM5391 [50%].jpg

HPIM5383 [50%].jpg

HPIM5385 [50%].jpg

HPIM5386 [50%].jpg

HPIM5391 [50%].jpg

Nice!! Just ordered that today. Im putting it in my trailer :beerchug:

Did you get water or solvent based?

I so need to do this at my house. Nice home for that beautifull '99 of yours. :thumbsup:

Nice job!! That is on my project list for this summer. Was that you first time doing that type of work?

BMW5

looks great.

I was going to do my floor in the garage in am redoing now, but just ran out of time and $$. I am going to have to wait an possibly do it later. The floor is kind of rough and I didnt want to paint over it and I got a ridiculous quote on resurfacing the floor.

Anyone did this and the epoxy came up, where car tires are in contact with the floor?

I'm building a new house and we are getting close to pouring garage floors. My builder is weary of epoxy paint, says he has done a few where the coating came up where car tires are in contact.

Anyone did this and the epoxy came up, where car tires are in contact with the floor?

I'm building a new house and we are getting close to pouring garage floors. My builder is weary of epoxy paint, says he has done a few where the coating came up where car tires are in contact.

You need to get the solvent based epoxy. If you get the water based flooring you need to get a solvent based clear. The solvent is much more durable and people that used water based have had problems with it coming up. The solvent based is usually the professional one

Thanks guys
Russel
it cleans up wih water, and I like he way it coated, thcker then paint.

Bmw5
First time for epoxy, the old covring was paint.

BlueHaya
I spent $70. on sand paper and about 20 hrs.

Thanks guys
Russel
it cleans up wih water, and I like he way it coated, thcker then paint.

Bmw5
First time for epoxy, the old covring was paint.

BlueHaya
I spent $70. on sand paper and about 20 hrs.

You need to get a solvent based clear coat for yours to be on the safe side so it doesnt rub up

Make sure they have plastic under that area of foundation as well. You do not want moisture coming through the concrete or it will peel.

Anyone looking to do this to an existing floor..make sure you do a moisture test with a piece of plastic taped to the floor for a day or so and see if moisture forms under the plastic...if it does you probably dont have a moisture barrier under that area and it could lead to issues.

I want to do this as well. I may stain mine instead of painting it. Moving to Random Thoughts, no poll in the thread.

Did this to my garage and haven't had any issues, but I also haven't parked a vehicle on the floor. The bikes are on it though and even after a couple seasons haven't had any cracking or other issues.

Dan you've seen our shop... While the epoxy is hard it will over time come up and wear. We usually add a new layer about every 3 yrs or so...

The only thing that really hurts it is brake fluid. Nothing else seems to really affect it..

My buddy used the same stuff still like brand new few years later. I have thought about it but i do so much welding, grinding, cutting and hammering crap on the floor i dunno

I used the rustoleum epoxy garage paint wit the little paint chips that you sprinkle on the wet paint. I moved recently, but after over two years of parking cars and bikes on it, the only spots that lifted were at the garge door where i scraped the ice and snow all winter.Sort of operator error I guess.

Back