Rustoleum EpoxyShield Floor Paint in my Trailer.

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
Finished the floor yesterday and took some pics today of it. I am very happy with how it came out so far but I am definitely doing the clear coat which is going to cost me 100 more bucks but i think the chips need something to cover them and protect the floor. The coat does not seem to be as thick as it would be on concrete since the stuff is made for garage floors and not for wood trailer floors. I will be doing the clear coat probably Wednesday and I am going to wait the full 7 days for it to fully dry.

Directions say 24-48 hours for light traffic. 4 days for semi-heavy traffic but may take up to 7 days to fully dry. I am waiting the full 7 days after i put the clear coat down.

I am leaving the tape on the hinges and aluminum edges until after the clear coat. And yes i didnt hand paint the trim first because I am going to paint the walls anyway and the epoxy paint is way thick and I wanted to get the stuff down fast because it dries faster on the wood than it would on concrete. More pics will come after the clear and the wall paint is done.

IMAG0053.jpg

IMAG0052.jpg

Looks good, alot better than the wood. :thumbsup:

How were the fumes, Ive never used the stuff.

When i was mixing it, it did smell strong but i started on the ramp door and worked my way inside the trailer and didnt really smell fumes too bad, no more than normal painting. This stuff was way thick. Left a good coat the first time, So thick and sticky that rolling it on bent the roller I was using :laugh:

Throwing the flakes was the fun part :cheerleader: However i dont think they stuck as well as they wouldve on concrete... Which is why a clear coat with anti-skid additive will be a must for me.

I used almost the whole can and it was rated for 250 sq feet. The floor of my trailer w/ ramp door is approx 120 sq feet... So it didnt go as far as it wouldve on concrete.

Looks good for sure. I like the flakes, but didn't want to wait. I used this stuff and it seems to be very good for anti skid. I would rate it about like standing on 60 grit sand paper. Very thick! I used an entire gallon to do the floor and baseboards.

IMAG0304.jpg

Looks good for sure. I like the flakes, but didn't want to wait. I used this stuff and it seems to be very good for anti skid. I would rate it about like standing on 60 grit sand paper. Very thick! I used an entire gallon to do the floor and baseboards.

Did you prime the walls at all?

No prime coat, but had to apply two coats of the white semi-gloss to cover. That plywood just sucked that stuff up.

anytime my friend, ill take you through the mountains if Virginia and West Virgina. Wife always love to show off her cooking skills and I'm sure a we could organize something with a few other members in the area that might want to ride.

anytime my friend, ill take you through the mountains if Virginia and West Virgina. Wife always love to show off her cooking skills and I'm sure a we could organize something with a few other members in the area that might want to ride.

Sounds good to me. I need to get me some saddlebags and Id be set. Guess ill start watching ebay for a good deal :thumbsup:

Let's take a look at that floor in a year and see how it does. Most Epoxy does not have ANY flex in it, and that wood floor is gonna flex. I suspect that you are gonna get some cracks. I would not have recommended using concrete floor coating for the floor of that trailer.....

Let's take a look at that floor in a year and see how it does. Most Epoxy does not have ANY flex in it, and that wood floor is gonna flex. I suspect that you are gonna get some cracks. I would not have recommended using concrete floor coating for the floor of that trailer.....

Yes i knew that going into it. Its still a paint and not pure epoxy remind you. I still have to clear it but i bet it lasts pretty good.

I did the "Twobrothers" trick on my trailer floor as well. I painted the floor and base boards. Worked out great and the non-skid really helps when you are pushing bikes up that ramp.

I agree with Skydiver, I don't think I would have used concrete paint on your wood floor.

I agree with Skydiver, I don't think I would have used concrete paint on your wood floor.

Well i weighed the pro/cons and chose to do it anyway. Just have to see how it holds up but i do not have any doubts that it will do just as well as any other floor paint.

And funny it seems as though that Twobrothersbusa's paint is meant for concrete surfaces as well.... :laugh:

1-Gallon Latex Skid-Resistant Floor Paint Light Gray
Ideal for steps, walkways, pool decks
Skid resistant coating
Fast drying
Use with Valspar Concrete Primer
100% acrylic texturized coating
Soap and water clean-up

The original thread Title says EPOXY, but what you posted is Latex. If so, I take it back; if it's latex based - then you should be good to go (guess I should have read better).

It's just anything I've seen with 'flakes' for garage floors was those epoxy products which I think would be bad news on a trailer floor.

The original thread Title says EPOXY, but what you posted is Latex. If so, I take it back; if it's latex based - then you should be good to go (guess I should have read better).

It's just anything I've seen with 'flakes' for garage floors was those epoxy products which I think would be bad news on a trailer floor.

I posted about TwoBrother's latex based concrete paint he used. I used the epoxyshield which is epoxy. My point was that his was concrete paint also. And no, the floor has come out very very well and not bad news. I am more than pleased because i did have my worries of it being a concrete paint. It does not form a hard layer like you would imagine epoxy doing. Guess you would just have to see it for yourself lol. It came out very nice just as if i painted it. I look forward to putting on my anti-skid clear coating next weekend :cheerleader:

I posted about TwoBrother's latex based concrete paint he used. I used the epoxyshield which is epoxy. My point was that his was concrete paint also. And no, the floor has come out very very well and not bad news. I am more than pleased because i did have my worries of it being a concrete paint. It does not form a hard layer like you would imagine epoxy doing. Guess you would just have to see it for yourself lol. It came out very nice just as if i painted it. I look forward to putting on my anti-skid clear coating next weekend :cheerleader:

Ok, then you and Charlie didn't use same thing. Epoxy is a whole different animal than Latex. It will take a little while to see the difference, but let's revisit this after a full season of heat/cold and see how your surface holds up.

Ok, then you and Charlie didn't use same thing. Epoxy is a whole different animal than Latex. It will take a little while to see the difference, but let's revisit this after a full season of heat/cold and see how your surface holds up.

:laugh: Yeah i didnt say we used the same thing haha. Sorry if i confused you. I meant we both used concrete paint for our trailer. Yes I will definitely post how it is down the road

Back