Anyone Using the New EK 530Z 3D Chain?

I have about 100 miles on it. It is a really amazing chain and it feels heavy to me but apparently it's not. This chain has zero flex side to side though. I highly recommend aligning it to the front sprocket because if they are out of line I'm not sure what will give but it won't be the chain. I broke one chain breaker sizing the links. Broke another trying to set the rivets in the master link! This think is beautiful and right off a Tiger Tank!

Last edited:
Is there something new vs the old 3D? Think my 3d is about 6 years old now although only 4k miles maybe.

Think in those threads we determined that it was slightly heavier but higher strength

This is one. I was waiting for a new chain tool so it's slack here.

I have about 100 miles on it. It is a really amazing chain and it feels heavy to me but apparently it's not. This chain has zero flex side to side though. I highly recommend aligning it to the front sprocket because if they are out of line I'm not sure what will give but it won't be the chain. I broke one chain breaker sizing the links. Broke another trying to set the rivets in the master link! This think is beautiful and right off a Tiger Tank!
Did you use a cheap chain tool? I've seen some of the heavy duty breakers in videos. Looks pretty easy to get a new chain up

Is that the 520 tensile strength? I was just trying to find the answer and came up with 11100 for zvx-3 and 11400 for 3d.
Damn on sprocket center the 3d chain 530 pitch showed 10k tensile strength. Maybe I'm wrong. I dont think the difference between 10k and 11k is going to huge difference?

3d chain looks super nice doesnt it!

I have one in black and gold on mine. It's at 64" wheelbase, full exhaust, yadda yadda, and a 40 shot of nitrous. After the initial stretch, the chain has been great. Had one at stock wheelbase for years. Never had an issue.

We determined that the 3D is basically the same weight as the old ZZZ on the thread below.

I am going to bet a ZVX-3 is within a half ounce of the aforementioned. The tensil strength of the 3D is better than the ZVX-3 according to the specs in the ads.

Why do people prefer the ZVX-3 over the 3D?

Back