Chain Recommendation

ColdBusa

Take this Jerry, you silly little rodent
Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys,

I was just wondering what you guys would recommend for a replacement chain for my setup.

My busa is a Gen 2, fully built motor, RCC turbo kit running 8 to 12lbs of boost, going to be stretched 9" now, was 3" over this summer. This bike is primarily on the strip, but I do like to take it out for the local bike night every now and then.

I was just running a EK-530 ZVX2 chain, and I was going to replace it in kind, however just thought I'd toss it on here and see what the experts think. The ZVX2 worked great for the last season. Willing to even try a clip chain as well, just never used one.

Thanks in advance guys.

Drz2... Don't bother with anything else...

Drz2 not worth a flip on the street. Track only that wld be fine.
If it's a street bike stick with an o-ring chain
Strongest out now is EK ZVX3. It's the replacement for the ek zzz ,,
Which used to be the strongest oring chain.

Keeps the grease in. Non oring chains burn up quick on the street. They need to be lubed constantly.

Like I was told welcome to owning a turbo bike. As soon as I come in from a ride I clean the chain and adjust it if need be which it almost always does but I do beat on my stuff really really hard espically seeing I'm working on VBox times.

My question for 1bondman is why wouldn't you lube and clean your chain constantly?

Strongest out now is EK ZVX3. It's the replacement for the ek zzz ,,
Which used to be the strongest oring chain.

+1 on this. Just put on my 1st one since they went to this series. Actually went together easier than the zzz did. Better master link IMHO now.

The zvx2 is great s/s chain, drz drag only as it is strong but constant heat destroys them..

the actual o or x rings are actually impregnated with lube. the cleaning and lube is actually just protection for them to keep grime out.. most misunderstand the whole chain thing..

Thanks for the info GoldenChild. The green arm I got from ya is going back on! Rules changed for my class so I can run it again. I was running a borrowed arm this season.

Thanks for the info GoldenChild. The green arm I got from ya is going back on! Rules changed for my class so I can run it again. I was running a borrowed arm this season.

Nice Love The Color Gonna Do A Bike Same Color... Lmk If Ya Need Chain

Back