Strongest Chain

I have a Hayabusa in a king sand car. It weighs 1300lbs. What is the best chain to buy for such a heavy load and always shifting up and down. Below is the one I found from searching.
EK Chain 530 ZVX2 Quadra X-Ring Chain

You have to go by tensile strength. Higher is better, at least 10,000-11,000+ and IME a rivet link is better than a clip style master link. That one is 10,560 but while it's meant for a powerful motorcycle I can't help but think that the weight will have something to do with longevity and reliability. 1,300 lbs + the occupant(s) is a lot of weight for a single row chain. Maybe a double row setup?

Last edited:
I think right now it's the EK 3D with tensile strength at 11,400 and just finished putting one on my bike tonight with a 2"-6" arm,etc..The one I took off was the EK ZVX2 and the only reason I didn't reuse it was because my dumb azz didn't think ahead and buy the 150 link as I knew eventually I'd want to go to a longer swingarm and would need a longer chain.:DI have about 8,000 miles on the ZVX2 and only needed a slight adjustment one time,was a great chain.Think they also have a ZVX3 out which is right up there(may have replaced the ZVX2 but not sure without looking it up).As far as I know the EK 3D replaced the EK ZZZ and is probably the best chain going now.

$333.00 for a 150 link from Schnitz,but got mine from Ball-Z off of ebay for $227.00

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337943218&icep_item=141872349203

inbox me for the right chain. in styock.....The sand will eat the orings up..

Nothing (nothing) will keep sand from sticking to your chain. When it gets into the rollers it will destroy the X or O rings. For sand use I would look for a non O ring chain but you've already ordered a chain....

Back