What is the strongest sprockets for the gen 1 busa...

02BusaAndy

Registered
Hey guys, I have/had a 43 tooth Renthal sprocket on my gen 1 hayabusa and I guess it dosen't like power cause it's trashed. Every tip of every tooth on the sprocket are snapped off and my chain was digging into the deeper part of the sprocket. I was woundering what the best sprocket was out their now, and I want metal this time..

Steel, but the teeth have to wear done before they snap I would think ???.. Have you been inspecting and lubing the chain properly. How many miles did it last???

Don't think a Busa will rip apart and aluminum sprocket unless it's already worn down pretty bad.. then again I don't have a turbo/NOS or supercharger on mine :laugh:

He has me really curious cause I have seen the turbo guys snap the adjuster bolts but I have never seen a sprocket shredded by horsepower.

Well Busa1166, I have also bent my adjusters also. I beefed them up real nice now though. As for the sprocket and chain, the chain was good with the chain wax and the sprocket was brand new when I put it on.

killed sprocket 1.jpg

killed sprocket 2.jpg

bent adjuster 1.jpg

bent adjuster 2.jpg

Hey guys, I have/had a 43 tooth Renthal sprocket on my gen 1 hayabusa and I guess it dosen't like power cause it's trashed. Every tip of every tooth on the sprocket are snapped off and my chain was digging into the deeper part of the sprocket. I was woundering what the best sprocket was out their now, and I want metal this time..

If you take your busa to the track YOU WILL trash a alluminum sprocket. Been there done that. Make sure the teeth on your sprocket is steel.

I just put on a supersprox, rated great for 600hp drag-bikes. I'm thinking it'll hold for my riding style.
Posted via Mobile Device

I just put on a supersprox, rated great for 600hp drag-bikes. I'm thinking it'll hold for my riding style.
Posted via Mobile Device

Don't think I've ever seen anything like that with a SuperSprox.

If not familiar with the brand...

img_1404_supersprox.jpg

Well Busa1166, I have also bent my adjusters also. I beefed them up real nice now though. As for the sprocket and chain, the chain was good with the chain wax and the sprocket was brand new when I put it on.

i would go with supersprox their stuff is nice looking and supper strong with the steel teeth and hard anodized aluminum inside

Supersprox do not make a front sprocket correct? I was checking out the Pashnit website and on the order form it just shows a vortex front? Am I wrong or??

Go with the Jt steel on front and sprox on the back and new chain

that's good advice or jt rear as steel too and half the price of the SSprox item but not as pretty

as said there seems to be a lot of power to bend adjusters was the rear axle torqued up right as not seen that before on a correctly tightened axle ?

ive seen the renthal sprockets suffer damage but that one looks worn out too going by the wear on the base of the teeth ?

Back