what is the stock tooth count for the front and rear sprockets on a 06

tyrone

Registered
iv been told to use a -1/+3 setup for my 06...which is what im gunna do. i just wanted to know for personal knowledge..what is the stock tooth count for the front and rear sprockets on a 06...and if they are all the same for the first gens.

thanks

iv been told to use a -1/+3 setup for my 06...which is what im gunna do. i just wanted to know for personal knowledge..what is the stock tooth count for the front and rear sprockets on a 06...and if they are all the same for the first gens.

thanks

stock is 17/40

'99-'07 Gen1's are all the same...Gen2 uses 18/43 stock and the will not interchange with the Gen1 :beerchug:

16/43 is pretty steep gearing. Depending on your HP, altitude and weight of rider, it might be more than needed. I run +6 (46) in the rear but I am 285lbs suited, live at 5300' altitude and the bike is pretty much stock except for being slammed.

Do you lose top end/torque when you use a smaller count sprocket? Can someone explain the purpose of using different size sprockets?

Do you lose top end/torque when you use a smaller count sprocket? Can someone explain the purpose of using different size sprockets?

You lose top speed when you go with a smaller front sprocket, or a larger rear sprocket, but you pick up more acceleration...the bike will get to red line more quickly.

You will pick up some more top end speed (if your bike has the HP to pull the taller gearing) if you go with a larger front sprocket, or a smaller rear sprocket. By gaining more top end speed, you lose the acceleration (quickness) in getting to that speed.

Back