the chain on
the bike ? ? ?

Thinking about
getting this chain

as well . . .

PirateDiverJeff Gen 2.jpg

#3Dchain ~ #EKchains ~ #NXringTechnology ~ #ZVX3chain ~ #THEoRg *

Last edited:
I would not use this EK link on any other chain , I tried it out and like it because it is so easy to install , so will use it while I run this EK ...... I do like that EK chain tool , don't reckon I have seen that exact one before . A good chain breaker set , is always a very good investment imho .
Good to know, especially since these HD chains seem to last for ever. The ZZZ I have on my 14 is 9 years old. Never needs adjustment except when I have changed sprockets (two times in as many years including when I installed the chain). I have not done a chain stretch measurement on it but I'd like to change it for a gold chain to fit the scheme of my bike.

The busa needs the stock chain to be replaced. Think I'll go with a black ZVX on that and a 3D on the 14.

no and no
i run the clip style AND ADD SAFETY WIRE
or use the rivet links and make sure i measure the amount that it flares them with calipers. i like at least 20 thou
Good info. The spacer plates and rivet gauge I got with my ZZZ seemed to make riveting fool proof but as previously mentioned, I think I pressed it a little too hard. That connecting link has always had a slight kink in it at least when the bike is not moving. No idea if there is a kink when I'm rolling but it always bothered me. Of course, I wouldn't want to go too loose squashing that rivet head. Tough call especially for a "more" kinda guy which I am. I always go a little more when in doubt but I've learned that's more's always better.

Back