Anyone up for a ride up to Richmond!!

EarlyBird

Donating Member
Registered
Hey All:

Robot here had a good idea of meeting up in Richmond at some restaurant where bikers hangout. I am in, but leaving Va Beach may be an issue due to tunnels. But would like to meet up with others for the ride up! Anyone interested???

Thanks

WarBirdII

how would you ride up and when are you talkin about doing this? I thought it would be cool but have to get me, the bike and time all lined up
sad.gif

Lucky bastards!! I was just down to Williamsburg for my daughter to compete in the cheerleading nationals this past weekend. The weather was in the upper 70's and I'm jealous as hell!! We then went to V. beach on Sunday afternoon thru Monday. Nice area and I'm sure it must be busy in season!
Are you able to ride all year long down there? Are most of the mountains in the upper part of Virginia? My mother lives in Axton and wants me to sell our farm here in New York and move down to VA. Property is cheaper down there. Taxes are also soo much cheaper!  
beerchug.gif

yeah, a few years back we did a ride down there, although not the most spirited pace, I think everyone had fun
beerchug.gif
There are some amazing sights for sure but va beach sux donkey balls in the summer for traffic
laugh.gif

Well I was thinking getting up around 4-430pm in Va Beach, Norfolk, or try to meet somewhere in Hampton. I have to wait on the girlfriend to get out of work. She loves the bike (08 Busa) back seat over the 02 1k's back seat. So that is it at the moment!

I might be able to get a few of us from up here in Northern Va to head to Richmond for a Meet n'Greet.

We were just looking to get away for weekend !!! toss up between williamsburg or skyline drive,
but I'm getting the bikes in for new front tires and the dealer is to repaint our rear rims(damaged paint) from when we got new rear tires on....can't get them in till thurs. and they could be in till Mon. !!! Long story short....can't till next weekend....sorry....we are allways up for a meet greet
beerchug.gif

I am up for a meeting anytime! Even next week! Robot: a member on the board said there meet every last friday of the month at a plcae in Richmond. I figured what the heck and go out for a ride on the new bike and meet a few people. I work every Saturday til 4:30pm, so Saturday rides are out for me, but Sundays Different story!!!!!

if I have the bike up/running in richmond, I'll letchu know, seems as if I will be in richmond this weekend for easter
beerchug.gif
leaving thurs to head down but need a battery and hopefully just that for the bike... wont know til I get it running
sad.gif

lemme get my bike fixed.. i'd be down to ride to richmond.. tunnel's on friday suck.. but if you get through it by about 230pm you'll be fine...

I'm in Newport News... I'd do the ride... I am taking my bike off the road this morning to get my suspension set out, so I won't be able to ride much until its done in about 2 weeks
guns.gif

Yes agreed!!! I use to knock down at least 200 miles in on a weekend ride. Ride the 5 and dime or dime and 5. Route 10 and 5 smithfield and Williamsburg. Or another place south of Franklin (Superbike road). Or around wakefield!!!

i like the ride down princess anne to currituck.. then hop the ferry across and ride up 17... lot's of places to ride.. around here... esp in the chesapeake,suffolk area..... i primarily ride w/ harley's majority of the time.. 1. they keep me outta trouble, 2. they know all the roads. 3. i get better gas mileage... ;)

I am up for a meeting anytime! Even next week! Robot: a member on the board said there meet every last friday of the month at a plcae in Richmond. I figured what the heck and go out for a ride on the new bike and meet a few people. I work every Saturday til 4:30pm, so Saturday rides are out for me, but Sundays Different story!!!!!
Yep, I plan on being at bike night(if it isnt rained out), Ill post reminder as we get closer to the 28th of this month. If anyone has any questions they can message me. Bike Night Info:

http://www.rideva.net/VA_Bike_Nights.html

Bike Night at River City Diner - Richmond, VA - 4th Friday of every month - March to October - Polish up those bikes, polish up those great bike stories, grab your old riding buddies and join in on the fun at River City Diner at The Shops at Bellgrade, 11430 West Huguenot Rd "“ 804-897-9518.

Wow! I got my Fridays messed up! I was thinking it was this Friday for the get together. Working an off schedule has me guessing what days are what!!! However if you all would still like to meet up here or ride up there!!! Let me know! Maybe we can get a bunch of us locally first and then decide to head up on the 28th together....weather pending etc. Get to meet each other first, share stories, and maybe get a bite to eat!!!

Thanks Robot for posting the address etc. I look forward to meeting others and going for a ride were ever. I am also thinking of going to the Busa Bash....would like to ride on the tail of the dragon....missed out last year!!!

Wow! I got my Fridays messed up! I was thinking it was this Friday for the get together. Working an off schedule has me guessing what days are what!!! However if you all would still like to meet up here or ride up there!!! Let me know! Maybe we can get a bunch of us locally first and then decide to head up on the 28th together....weather pending etc. Get to meet each other first, share stories, and maybe get a bite to eat!!!

Thanks Robot for posting the address etc. I look forward to meeting others and going for a ride were ever. I am also thinking of going to the Busa Bash....would like to ride on the tail of the dragon....missed out last year!!!
Cool, I'm game for other ride suggestions, but have a 1 month old baby boy, so scheduling is difficult currently.

River City Diner has good food and 50's diner atmosphere, hopefully a bunch of us can make it!
thumb_up.gif

This will be my first year at the bash, I look forward to meeting folks
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

Back