Anyone see this yet?

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
I read this article after coming across a poll on one of our local PCola boards. I liked the article... They say the 13.5 ranks ovetr the Busa, but not by much at all - and props go to Zuk for having the better sportbike. Anyway, thought I would post it here...

motorcycle-usa 13.5 vs busa article

Yea, and 1st chance you get, read the new artical in the August issue of Sport Rider...
In it, they say the Busa has not been DeThroned at all...
And that the 14 cannot break 188mph due to the inferior Aerodynamics among other things...
It's an interesting read to say the least...
Both appear to say, between the lines, that the Busa is at least equal to the 14, if not still the top bike...

David

I've ridden both and can say without a doubt, the Busa is a better Sports Bike
jump9.gif

I tried 14 for a few miles and I like it. It`s not a BUSA nor Goldwing... Something in between... Very comfortable sport tourer. No , I`m not going to buy one....

After seven years of ruling the streets, the Hayabusa has been deposed by the more-powerful and better-refined Kawasaki ZX-14.

Looks like Im going to go buy a 14 !

I couldnt find the sarcasm smiley .

Lol, going for the 14 over the busa is like going after a rich ugly girl, yeah its better overall, but you have to get over the look of it first.
biggrin.gif

I just saw that this was already posted a couple of days ago... here's the

I kinda like the ZX-14, but not enough to ever buy one. Funny thing, they talk about the ZX-14 being highly sought after and in short supply over on the ZX-14 board. Here in Carson City, population around 56,000, there are no busas left at our local bike shop. BUT, there has been a new red ZX-14 sitting there collecting dust now for almost a month!!?? I wonder why???

Like I've said before on another forum , If you want to beat the Champ you don't do it on points or there will always be doubt. To beat the Champ you have to knock him out COLD , till the count of 10 , bring in the strecher , stick a fork in him , He's done. If Kawasaki had comeout the blocks making 190 RWHP Stock I would have had to bow down and say ," The King is dead , Long live The King . But after 7 years of R&D and after the disappointing ZX-12r you'd think they would bring more to the table . There are guys on Busas with big block kits making 190 RWHP and more . Kawasaki better try to sell as many of those bug eyed creatures as they can now can when Suzuki drops the Bomb its gonna be like the event the killed the dinosuars . Its gonna be big . Not that they have to do much to beat the ZX-14 . All they'd have to do at this point is improve on the brakes and make it a 1397 and the ZX-14 is BRUNT TOAST.:angry:

New motorcycle magazine- 5 dollars

New Helmet and Gloves---450 dollars

New Kawasaki zx14 -----11,499 dollars.
Riding a squid looking 13.5 hunk of crap - STUPID!

Currently I have an 03' Busa and Im waiting on the new one. I live in a small town, roughly 25,000, and our local bike shop has all colors and has two in black. I was looking through our local classified paper and there were two for sale in the surrounding area. Both had 1500 miles or less. Ive never been to brand loyal, I usually buy what I like or attracts me, but the kawa just doesnt trip my trigger. Like two weeks ago I was going into the local wally world and as I was walking out I noticed two teenage boys looking at my bike, and as I got to them they were talking what a bad a$$ bike it was and how they wanted one. One stated that this was the baddest bike made and I told him that the new kawa was pretty fast also and he was like, thats won ugly ******, I would take a used busa over the kawa any day. Quote.... Thats something when you have a 7 year old bike that still gets that kinda respect and admiration.

Back