Pure insanity

With the fule prices up and the whole credit crunch affecting our world, I think Lead contect should be the last of our worries these days... many people rely on scooters for transport... They shoulda atleast waited til 'unleaded' scooters are produced and on sale!!! NOT GOOD!

Guys, please send a letter off. It takes all of a few minutes using a link provided. OR, we can just do nothing and allow a few (2 signed this legislation) decide what's good for all of us.

Last edited:
How about if I said what's up with the narrow minded dim witted conservatives who jumped on the band wagon against the bill because they are so enamoured with the drug addict talking head Limbaugh and not because they can actually think for themselves.

Now, I seriously, don't believe that but it is an example of how lumping all conservatives together could be considered offensive.

That was a sneeky way of doing it :rofl:

Well, if a child is stupid enough to chew on motorcycle/ATV parts, then that child should be given a bowl of lead paint chips for breakfast. That's just my opinion.

HOWEVER, ladies and gentlemen, lead does not have to be ingested to do harm. It is easily absorbed through the skin. By handling parts of the vehicles in question, children can be exposed to lead.

I do think that there is a hidden agenda, and unconstitutional rationale for the actions that were taken. I doubt that there is enough lead in the components to cause any short, or long-term harm to children. It seems as our government feels the need to protect us from ourselves, and this I vehemently resent.

That's it from me, carry on! :laugh:

this upsets me when the neighborhood kids would lick my bike it just seemed to shine so much better then it did when I used Mothers or Mequirs....now Im going to have to pay a Baaaaaaahhhhhh! to lick my bike for me....
:rofl:

Well, if a child is stupid enough to chew on motorcycle/ATV parts, then that child should be given a bowl of lead paint chips for breakfast. That's just my opinion.

HOWEVER, ladies and gentlemen, lead does not have to be ingested to do harm. It is easily absorbed through the skin. By handling parts of the vehicles in question, children can be exposed to lead.

I do think that there is a hidden agenda, and unconstitutional rationale for the actions that were taken. I doubt that there is enough lead in the components to cause any short, or long-term harm to children. It seems as our government feels the need to protect us from ourselves, and this I vehemently resent.

That's it from me, carry on! :laugh:

Like I said...

wait and see all the things they are going to "protect" us from :whistle:

who cares about it. Small bikes are a great way to get kids when there are young to learn how to ride before they really know what a cellphone and a tv are. Why are they so worried about lead? What the point nowadays; everything causes cancer from the plastic used in water bottles. to the sweetner is gum. I mean i can understand if there was a huge polution issue. But the little 50s get over 90mpg and they dont burn any oil. Im sorry but i think that this is total bullsh!t on what they are trying to do.

i'm a 50 year old man...never thought i'd hear myself say this let alone post it on the net but...in this case?...i'll make an acception...

omg!

Back