Pure insanity

first off i sent letters for me and the wife.

second, i think that there should be no partys. i shouldnt be loved or hated cuz im democrat, repub, liberal, conservative. it shouldnt matter. all i have are my beliefs and morals. most of us have the same morals, so that leaves beliefs and OPINIONS. basically opinions is all that seperate one party from the other. i dont personally beileve in one or the other i have my own mind and see things my own way through my eyes. i dont let ppl lead me one way or another cuz they are liberal or conservative. i believe in what i THINK is right. it kills me to see ppl argueing cuz they are of different partys. its bs. who cares what party you claim to be. everyone should think for themselves, not just believe something because that is what a democrat or republican says or does. i guess that makes me a Maverick:poke:. :rofl:

these different OPINIONS are what make us individuals. :beerchug:

this is the letter i recieved from my senator. i was very surprised to recieve any kind of correspondence.

Dear Mr. Wiegert:

Thank you for contacting me regarding product safety issues. I appreciate knowing of your views on this matter.

Last year, Congress passed and the president signed H.R. 4040, the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (P.L. 110-314). Among other things, this legislation strengthens the Consumer Product Safety Commission’s (CPSC) authority and increases staffing levels. It also enhances protections for children's goods and requires tracking capability of children’s products. In addition, the bill limits lead content to 600 parts per million (ppm) in children’s products beginning February 10, 2009. This provision will be applied retroactively. Therefore, products that contain over 600 ppm of lead cannot be sold from inventory after February 10, 2009. By August 14, 2009, lead content in children’s products cannot exceed 300 ppm.

In addition, the measure requires manufacturers to submit children's products to an accredited third party laboratory to ensure that they are in compliance with current law and regulations. Manufacturers will be required to start testing for lead content once the CPSC releases a list of third party testing laboratories.

I understand your concerns. Recently, the CPSC extended the February 10th deadline for testing and certifying the lead content limits of children's products. However, businesses, manufacturers, and importers will still need to ensure that their products conform to safety standards, including the lead limits. The deadline for testing and certification has been extended until February 10, 2010. In addition, the CPSC is currently working on proposals to provide guidance on the lead requirements.

Rest assured, I will continue to monitor the situation. Again thank you for taking the time to contact me. If you would like more information on issues before the Senate, please visit my website at .: United States Senator Pat Roberts :: Home :.. You may also sign up on my home page for a monthly electronic newsletter that will provide additional updates on my work for Kansas

this is the letter i recieved from my senator. i was very surprised to recieve any kind of correspondence.

Dear Mr. Wiegert:

Thank you for contacting me regarding product safety issues. I appreciate knowing of your views on this matter.

Last year, Congress passed and the president signed H.R. 4040, the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (P.L. 110-314). Among other things, this legislation strengthens the Consumer Product Safety Commission’s (CPSC) authority and increases staffing levels. It also enhances protections for children's goods and requires tracking capability of children’s products. In addition, the bill limits lead content to 600 parts per million (ppm) in children’s products beginning February 10, 2009. This provision will be applied retroactively. Therefore, products that contain over 600 ppm of lead cannot be sold from inventory after February 10, 2009. By August 14, 2009, lead content in children’s products cannot exceed 300 ppm.

In addition, the measure requires manufacturers to submit children's products to an accredited third party laboratory to ensure that they are in compliance with current law and regulations. Manufacturers will be required to start testing for lead content once the CPSC releases a list of third party testing laboratories.

I understand your concerns. Recently, the CPSC extended the February 10th deadline for testing and certifying the lead content limits of children's products. However, businesses, manufacturers, and importers will still need to ensure that their products conform to safety standards, including the lead limits. The deadline for testing and certification has been extended until February 10, 2010. In addition, the CPSC is currently working on proposals to provide guidance on the lead requirements.

Rest assured, I will continue to monitor the situation. Again thank you for taking the time to contact me. If you would like more information on issues before the Senate, please visit my website at .: United States Senator Pat Roberts :: Home :.. You may also sign up on my home page for a monthly electronic newsletter that will provide additional updates on my work for Kansas

I would expect that motorcycles/ATVs will be exempted from this once it get's some publicity. The act is in reaction to all of the high levels of lead found in toys manufactured in China for US companies. I'm sure when they were drafting the original bill, bikes and ATVs didn't even cross thier minds. Then someone else came along and decided that these machines need to be classified as toys becasue kids play with them.

I dropped Luci off at the dealer today for service, and all of the small Suzukis were back out on the showroom floor, even the ones with trainig wheels :laugh: According to the dealer, Suzuki has, at least for now, certified that the lead content is below the regulation.

Quiet day for catching the fishies….

fish 3.png

Back