Superbike Bashing -Please Comment

Why would anyone over the age of 50 want a Hayabusa?
whistling.gif

UPDATE: I received several comments from Hayabusa riders regarding the statement, "When is the last time you saw an experienced 50 year old rider who owned a Hayabusa?" Apparently, there are many riders on the https://www.hayabusa.org site that fall into this "mature" class of riders. One reader from the site stated the average age of Hayabusa owners on the site is 43. The statistics for this article were generated from a USA Today article. The stereotype about 50 year old Hayabusa riders was added by me... apparently in error.

Thats response time right there.
He fixed it and give the site some credit. It was better then I would of expected, so will give him some credit.
beerchug.gif

Now lets see if he can find out
whatsatre.png

UPDATE: I received several comments from Hayabusa riders regarding the statement, "When is the last time you saw an experienced 50 year old rider who owned a Hayabusa?" Apparently, there are many riders on the https://www.hayabusa.org site that fall into this "mature" class of riders. One reader from the site stated the average age of Hayabusa owners on the site is 43. The statistics for this article were generated from a USA Today article. The stereotype about 50 year old Hayabusa riders was added by me... apparently in error.

Wow...Considering that I just found the article 5 hours ago, and posted in on here just 3 hours ago, that was a FAST correction !!!!

Did someone e-mail the guy to tell him about it??

or is he a secret lurking busa owner
lol1.gif

Anyhoo, since I started this thread, I appreciate and give credit to the guy for changing the article.....

Squeeeky Wheel gets the grease: +1 ..

The POWER of the Busa nation rules supreme!!!!

I think the reason that sportbikes have the rep of being a "young guy thing" is because whenever you see someone riding without a helmet (that would be the only way to try and guess how old someone is) it's usually a "younger rider". Minus the cruiser bikes, how often do you see an older rider without a helmet ? But follow that rider in full leathers to the track, or into the back country, and wait for them to take off their helmet, not all are young bucks.

...."When is the last time you saw an experienced 50 year old rider who owned a Hayabusa? I'm struggling to recall one example"........

Uhhhh...errr.....ummmmm.......He must be talking about all you other guys........
super.gif

Thank you...thank ya very mushhhh..........
coolold.gif

"OKAY"..."okay"..."MY BAD"..........

Actually, the article is overly generalized, and lacks specifics.....nice that their is a disclaimer at the bottom from, "I wonder who
rock.gif
"......... HAYABUSA.ORG BABY !!!!!!!
super.gif

super.gif

Wow... at least he added (in yellow highlight no less) the addition to the article. That's an great journalist who will do that....

His logic is flawed though...

Not sure what percentage of car sales Corvettes are, but I bet they represent a disproportionate number of deaths as compared to say.... a Honda Odyssey?

the oRg has some pull..

thumb_up.gif

Weak article. Credit due to the guy for the correction AND for mentioning h.org. What's the average age of the guys over at sh.org or labusas?

--Wag--

Yeah, it really sux that this "journalist" is pretty much making up the article based on his personal beliefs/stereotypes mixed with a few facts, especially when he is a fellow rider. If I had to take a guess, I would think more accidents occur on 600cc supersport bikes, than the liter class ones. Those are the one's that the stunters/squids, etc... usually are on. They are much cheaper to buy, ride, & insure, so they're more appealing to the "younger guys", but still scary fast. I don't know about you guys, but I don't see a lot of guys riding Busas that are doing stoppies, stunting, etc...(OK, maybe an occasional wheelie)

also he stated that the main info was from insurance companies... who are crooks that like to put twists on things anyways to rape us further on rates anyways. a lot of used 600- 750 beginner bikes seem not to carry insurance... thus not reported... also , the best I can recall, most of the fatalities had a cager at fault. in '99 the first guy to buy a busa here in grayson county was a guy in his early 70's. I met him a few years later when he was on a zx12 and he stated he missed the busa.
beerchug.gif
to the editor of the artical for having the OO to acknowledge his mistake about mixing fact with opinion without seperating the two. power 2 the people!

I'm 50 and on my fourth busa.first was 03 le.watched it get totaled with no ins.2nd a silver 03 used it had some problems so I sold it.3rd a blue 06 that I talked my wife into letting me turbo it.I was young then 49 but decided that it was not the smartest thing to do so I sold it.now at 50 got an 08.already got 1800 miles on it.Never went over it's speed limit.

Not to have a morbid interest, but would like to see data on sport bike fatalities by engine size. Would suspect that 1300CC+ have disproportionately less than smaller bikes.

Lets see , i am in that age group. I have had a turbo on my Busa for a few years now. I keep watching the children tryng to chase me through the corners and having issues. Old guy on a big bike giving lessons to the squid nation. It really is good fun!

I know he does have a point; we have plenty of squids here in Alabama giving us all a bad reputation. However, I think they make up the minority of our group. My biggest problem with the article though was the age thing. I'm 43 and the Busa rider who talked me into looking at one was 61 and I know plenty of other middle age + riders. Sportbikes are definately not ridden only by 'kids'.  Maybe he just needs to get hooked back up with his cruiser buds, have a few cold ones and go for a ride.
Hey ,I live in Alabama and I am not a squid,I don't think,lol. I am 39  
laugh.gif

I was 34 when I got my first Busa. I just got an 08 at the age of 37. Does that mean I need to keep it garaged for a few more years before I have "his" permission to ride it?
ices_rofl.gif

thanks for the response...(and yes I was the guy that stated the avg age here) Hope you took my comments as they were intended and not an attack on your writing ability...

Randy

TwoToneVert..... as long as you are 35.5, yes you can join "old guys" demographic
rofl.gif

"I wonder who
rock.gif
"......... HAYABUSA.ORG BABY !!!!!!!
super.gif
Was probably my letter to the ed on that one, was not trying to start any trouble but having attended a number of hayabusa.org events, I could not let the generalization stand without comment, hell I figured I would be one of a dozen or more writing to the editor....

Back