Superbike Bashing -Please Comment

Booosa777

Registered
Please read this article:

Superbike Article

Would like to hear some comments from some of our troops about that they think. Although I think he does make some valid comments, I couldn't help resenting some of the 'tude' this guy has about the superbike class, and particularly the busa.  He paints the picture of the typical busa owner as an 18'ish testosterone-laden insane driver, hell bent on running grandma's car off the road, and riding wheelies through the elementary school crossing zone.

Not saying we don't have the nutcases within our own ranks, but a MAJORITY of the crashes we have had lately, at least in my state, have been from the large cruisers driven by the 'wild hog' inexperienced baby boomers seeking thier second childhood.  
cursin.gif

sounds like he didn't do his homework

When is the last time you saw an experienced 50 year old rider who owned a Hayabusa? I'm struggling to recall one example

We have several
beerchug.gif

Ya, I hear ya...I'm 45... Guess I gotta park my Busa for five more years  untill I'm 'mature' enough to drive it...
laugh.gif

Don't worry, someone will correct the article writer about the age part. To bad they want 25$ for a membership.

There Was a 50 year old posing with his bike in two wheel tuner! He even had a Kanji tattoo, on his NECK!
guns.gif

Dont let Rayabusa see that article... probably go over and lay a can of whipA$$ on that youngster
rofl.gif

I have a tougher time thinking about the number of Busanites that are UNDER 35 or so....

I know he does have a point; we have plenty of squids here in Alabama giving us all a bad reputation. However, I think they make up the minority of our group. My biggest problem with the article though was the age thing. I'm 43 and the Busa rider who talked me into looking at one was 61 and I know plenty of other middle age + riders. Sportbikes are definately not ridden only by 'kids'. Maybe he just needs to get hooked back up with his cruiser buds, have a few cold ones and go for a ride.

Damn Bob... Your wearin a TIE in the pix...

Your gonna mess up our rep...!!!

How ya expect us to live up to youthfull outlaw stereotype when we appear with responsibilites, jobs, children, grandchildren...

Geeeez, next thing ya know, AARP will be given discounts on Superbike insurance.

what an effing retard. he sited a mustang GT with a 5.0. obviously he dosent have any respect for power, because if he couldnt handle a 5.0 when he was 17, he should be on an 883 sportster now. not his honda sport tourer, since its so much faster than the fabled supercar mustang, lol. forget the age thing, we've got that in spades, but it pisses me off that hes got the balls to stereotype all superbike riders with his obviously immature 17yr old persona. hell if he couldnt handle the car at 17, chances are he didnt get laid till..... ok hes a virgin. Jerkoff. try to speak those volumes when you've experienced life on busa.
firedevil.gif

Fluff article to fill a column. Uneducated banter with a few stats and weak OpEd support with marginal statistical analysis.

Motorcycles dont kill people. Dumb people kill themselves.

UPDATE: I received several comments from Hayabusa riders regarding the statement, "When is the last time you saw an experienced 50 year old rider who owned a Hayabusa?" Apparently, there are many riders on the https://www.hayabusa.org site that fall into this "mature" class of riders. One reader from the site stated the average age of Hayabusa owners on the site is 43. The statistics for this article were generated from a USA Today article. The stereotype about 50 year old Hayabusa riders was added by me... apparently in error.

Thats response time right there.

UPDATE: I received several comments from Hayabusa riders regarding the statement, "When is the last time you saw an experienced 50 year old rider who owned a Hayabusa?" Apparently, there are many riders on the https://www.hayabusa.org site that fall into this "mature" class of riders. One reader from the site stated the average age of Hayabusa owners on the site is 43. The statistics for this article were generated from a USA Today article. The stereotype about 50 year old Hayabusa riders was added by me... apparently in error.

who do you see riding sport bikes without gears, exposing their coolness to the public.
Young squids most likely.
That`s were they probably get their "statistics".

Mr Mixson: I retract my previous comments as I have short sightedly bashed a fellow rider.

USA Today: No soup for you!

IM going back to my corner
corner2.png

The thing that sucks is I fall into the age group he speaks of, but I hate riding at superfast speeds. It scares the pizz outta me. Shoot, I ride slower than my riding group (3-4 of us, Ryan and Paul, who are mid thirties, and Bill who is the slowest rider of us but it don't bother us, and I don't know his age.) and I'm 23. It sucks I'm stereotyped into that. People ask what I rode and I tell them a Hayabusa, then they scoff at me and think I'm a squid. If they only knew how I rode compared to these squids around here...

Back