Anyone Lower The Front For Improved Turn-in?

bizzle

Registered
With Friday off work, I'm positioned to do some mods.

Just ditched the stock cans for Coffman's (dust off haters).

Planning to install Schnitz raising links in the rear and set preload front and rear.

Has anyone replaced the triple and slid the fork tubes up to improve handling? I remember seeing this with the gen ones a few years ago, but didn't find any mention of it here. I recall just a half inch or so was quite effective...

don't bother. once you add the rising links you will feel a big difference. you can get more turn-in with a 55 series tire if you want a quicker turn-in.

don't bother. once you add the rising links you will feel a big difference. you can get more turn-in with a 55 series tire if you want a quicker turn-in.

copy that. I did the 190/55 on my 2001 with some Pilot Powers, but never got the raising links installed.

Thanks for the input.

Don't know about lowering the triple tree but agree with the previous 190/55 comments. Think you could even go with a 200/55 and that will amaze you. Maybe get used to a 190/55 first then go to 200/55. IDK if a 200/60 would clear the swingarm unless you made the wheelbase longer which is defeating the purpose. Now doing 200/55 on the 14 and it clear swing arm by less than a quarter inch as it looks. Next busa tire will be a 200/55. If you have warm weather, and clean dry roads, try a Pirelli Diablo Pro. WILL be safe on the street in good riding conditions. Wears out in no time though.

Back