Man, I hate to ask...but

adrenalinejnky

Registered
I originally lowered my bike with soupys front and back and added Heli bars, step by step instructions from here no problems. I just got my new top lowering clamp so I could lower another inch. Well the helibars will not work as it is. The groove that is notched in for bars is not aligned up, its about 1/8 inch off. I am thinking I can take the Helibars in to a machine shop and have another notch put in.
I loosened the fork clamp bolts and the forks slid through probably as far as it will go. It looks good where it is, the front sits slighly lower than the rear. I measured 1-3/4 inch fork tube above triple tree clamp.

Is that too much? I dont want to tighten everything back until I know. Thanks

I originally lowered my bike with soupys front and back and added Heli bars, step by step instructions from here no problems. I just got my new top lowering clamp so I could lower another inch. Well the helibars will not work as it is. The groove that is notched in for bars is not aligned up, its about 1/8 inch off. I am thinking I can take the Helibars in to a machine shop and have another notch put in.
I loosened the fork clamp bolts and the forks slid through probably as far as it will go. It looks good where it is, the front sits slighly lower than the rear. I measured 1-3/4 inch fork tube above triple tree clamp.

Is that too much? I dont want to tighten everything back until I know. Thanks
HI. I only like to go 1 inch fork above the top triple clamp. My bike is lowered 3 inches but it is all done inside the forks and HD springs.

Back