Front end lowering ?'s

thrasher

Registered
I've been thinking about lowering my bike and was wondering what is the difference between the spacers, blocks, and the lowering triple tree? Is one better than the other? How come they only lower 1 inch? I haven't seen a 2 inch kit anywhere.

Is 2 inches too low for casual riding (city riding, interstate, commuting, no twisties)?

Anybody have any experience with this-

Lowering Blocks, Front Forks, Suzuki Hayabusa

or this-

Lowering Kit, Front Forks, Suzuki Hayabusa - Progressive

Thanks everyone.

The spacers just move the top clamp up so the forks can be adjusted up. Very simple, very cheap. The top clamp allows the same thing by allowing the forks to adjust through the clamp. Not so cheap.

You can also have the forks shortened, the rack changed and then there's strapping.

A lot of people that drag for fun and ride the rest of the time will strap it for the drag.

I have no experience with the kits you linked.

1 inch is almost too much. The nose could smash into the front fender - and still may if you come down too hard. I dropped an inch and wish I would have stuck with the 3/4.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 inch is almost too much. The nose could smash into the front fender - and still may if you come down too hard. I dropped an inch and wish I would have stuck with the 3/4.
Posted via Mobile Device

I dropped the front one inch (made an alloy spacer kit for the upper handlebar mount) and raised the back an inch by installing shorter dog bones.
I have no clearence issues with this set up and the bike handles much better.

I used 3/4 inch reaper risers for the front. Brings the bars 3/4 up too while retaining the stock top clamp, more comforable. For the rear I used soupys lowering links for about a 1 inch drop. I think this is a good setup for the street. I would try risers in the front instead of modifying the fork tubes in case you don't like the bike lowered. Individual taste is a bike issue here and you won't know until you try some different setups.

Just go for the triple tree I tried the spacers and my brake lever hit when I turned all the way and I think the spacers look bad too

Just go for the triple tree I tried the spacers and my brake lever hit when I turned all the way and I think the spacers look bad too

You could have rotated your levers to keep this from happening. This is is the first time I had heard anybody have a problem with this setup.

With the clamp you are moving your levers closer to te inners. Look at the difference between the stock clamp and n aftermarket. The factory bars are over the top of the forks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Have a Roaring Toyz triple that allowed me to lower it 1 inch. Couldn't go any lower on my bike without hitting the front fender during riding

I have no interference at all with either brake/cluch levers....must be your lever angle as others have said.
Re the 'look" of the alloy spacers......I just painted the alloy spacers flat black and they fade out.
You really have to look for the spacers to see them.

I never tried moving the lever but I went ahead and got a triple tree anyways I guess they would look alittle better painted and it's a cheap way to lower the front but I still don't like the way it looks but try it maybe you will like it and they are only like 20$ so you won't lose much if you change your mind

I dropped the front one inch (made an alloy spacer kit for the upper handlebar mount) and raised the back an inch by installing shorter dog bones.
I have no clearence issues with this set up and the bike handles much better.

Same here. Love it.

i lowered my front 1&1/4and the rear 3" rode that way for a few months then raised the rear back up an inch for a 2" rear drop still has that slammed look but i dont worry bout bottoming out as much as i used to. also have your suspension tuned for your weight:beerchug:

Back