PMR Triple Clamp

aphartman

Registered
I'm new to the whole lowering scene when it comes to bikes. I recently did a PMR Triple Clamp on the bike. I have 2" of the forks hanging through. Does that translate to the front being lowered 2"?? I've tried to look at pics of other members but everyone elses looks about 1" of forks coming through...

TIA

I don't remember what the exact difference is from stock, but I can tell you that you will likely bottom out with it that low.

When I did mine on the 03, I installed the clamp them marked the forks before lowering. I don't remember though how much was or wasn't sticking up before I started.

As a general rule of thumb if you go much more than 1.25" you need to start worrying about things like the fender hitting the nose, and bottoming out on speedbumps or large dips depending on your weight.

I should have done all the work myself so I know exactly what it was set at. I had the dealership install everything before I picked it up. I have not bottomed out on the front "yet". All I know is that it is really really low. I'm having to enter parking lots at an angle and I dont even dream of doing speed bumps. The rear is lowered with Soupy's adjustable so I know I can raise that up but not sure about the front. All I know is I have 2" of fork sticking through the clamp.

thanks for the input!

Went out in the garage just to tinker around. I have approx 3" of space between the front tire/fairing and the underside of the fender. I bounced on it and it didnt bottom out. I think I may have hit the fender a bit today on a bridge gap that stuck up quite a bit...but im not sure..its not scuffed on the underside of the fender or anything.

I do not like the fact that my handlebars are now about 1 1/2" lower..it does play hell on the old back.

It looks good as hell sittin that low but it is kind of a hassle being afraid of what I'm gonna scrape on..

Ok, here's what I can tell you.  I went out and measured mine and from the flat spot on the top of the fork, the silver part, just above the gold, measured down to the PMR clamp on my bike is 1.04".  From what I remember, I measured 1.25" on the fork tubes before I started. So if you've got 2" sticking up and the 08 is nearly the same as the GenI, that would mean you've lowered your bike approx 2.25" in the front.

I would bring it back up about an inch if I were you....just to be safe.  Jumping up and down on it won't show you the travel it has, you simply don't weigh enough.

Even at 1.25" I am careful on speed bumps and drives etc.  Consider stock the bike only has 4.7" ground clearance before you sit on it.

This isn't me, but it is my bike lowered 1.25" in the front and 2.5 in the back, you can see with a person on it how much more it sits down....hence looking out for bumps.

IMG_2346.jpg

IMG_2686.jpg

beerchug.gif

+1 on bringing the front back up. It's easy to do yourself if you you have someone to help you.

If your concerned about scrapping the bottom then raise the front up at least an inch. Really depends on how you ride. I'm down the same in the front as thebbbusa and 2.1/4 in the rear. I've scrapped mine up alot.

Back