Anyone game for a philly chese steak run? leaving from MD.

Well it will be about a 4 hour ride from Roanoke to Maryland then to Philly and back home. about a 14hr day. Only about 750 miles. I might just do this one . It seem when I ride i always go south. Lets see what the north has to offer besides more traffic and more people.

More traffic and more people up north.

Lets take a vote. Highway ride to Philly or should we take a back road/highway route?

I would be game but I live a block away. :( Also, I suggest you guys eating Jim's steaks on south street and not Geno's or Pat's. Don't fall for the hype. Jim's is the best. It's a mile from Geno's and Pat's

I've always said that if its your first time you should go Pat's and Geno's JUST to see what the hype is about since it is a tourist spot and then you can say that you've been but if want a better tasting steak then go to another spot...just my opinion.

Tony lukes is a WAY better spot! Good call. One of the best in the city. Jim's, John's roast pork, then Tony luke's I'd have to say and I've lived here for 30 years lol

Tony lukes is a WAY better spot! Good call. One of the best in the city. Jim's, John's roast pork, then Tony luke's I'd have to say and I've lived here for 30 years lol

Never had John's roast pork but I've heard it was good although I've had Tommy Dinic's roast pork several times down at the Reading Terminal Market and they are awesome!

Oh yea can't forget about those Famous 4th Street Cookies in the market too!

Ill figure out a route by Sunday evening and times. Any suggestions on a route? Send me a PM.

Fellas, I hate to back out but may not be able to make it Saturday as I'd hoped. I should know for sure by Tuesday. Will keep you posted.

Toll rates:

Baltimore Harbor Tunnel: $3.00 x 2 ($6.00 round trip)
John F Kennedy Bridge: $6.00 (no toll south bound)
Delaware Turnpike (DE/Maryland state line): $4.00 x2 ($8.00 round trip)

So you're talking $20 total round trip in tolls if we take the highway to and from.

Fellas, I hate to back out but may not be able to make it Saturday as I'd hoped. I should know for sure by Tuesday. Will keep you posted.

"You will be going on the Philly ride Saturday"

not-the-droids.jpg

Kick stands up at 9:45 a.m. Make sure and have more than a half tank of gas. We will be meeting at Sunshine. Intersection of Rte 97 and Rte 650. I'll be there around 9:15 for breakfast there. Cash only! At 9:45 a.m. We will Shoot around 695 and take rte 1 north. When that gets tedious. We'll jump on 95 the rest of the way. As in for cheese steaks. I'm game for any of the big three. Pats and Genos are across from one another. Tony Lukes is easy as it has its own parking lot.

Back