Rode to philly bike fest 550 miles roundtrip

busabrother

Registered
My buddy and I xecided to ride our bikes up to philly bike fest for the day. We assumed on the bikes with little traffic we could make it up there in around 3-4 hours.......WRONG . WHen you leave at 12:15p.m. you are poop outta luck. (we were supposed to leave early morning) but you know how that goes.

So SEVEN Yes 7 hours later we get to philly. We get to the armory where it seems most of the people had cleared out, so we hooked up with some people we knew who had a room at the double tree. They set us all up with cold beers and snacks. Then we got our second wind, so we are off to the races on the highway headsed downtown., so our group of about 20 is hauling ass stuntin etc having a great time. We stop downtown ( i think) at Genos? everyone wanted philly cheese steaks etc. We hang out a little while longer.

Then like the true hard core riders we are; we head back to Richmond after a long ass day of riding, drinkin, and stuntin. So 5 hours later (less traffic) we make it back at 6:30 a.m./ We actually had a good time, because you get to know a lot about people when you hang together in situations like that. Definitely will get a room next year though. But the busa loves the open road. AND the TOBIN made for a perfect ride. No sore butt AT ALL!!!!!

I will tell you this 2 Red Bull's and No doz are a riders best friend when you need to stay alert. I was charged IMMEDIATELY after my cocktail. BUt i will say when it started to wear off 45 minutes away from home. It took shear willpower to stay awake. If anyone happened to be traqvelung south on 95 on sunday morining. You saw me damn near lating doen on the whole bike stretched out as i cruised at 85-90 on the way home. You cant just do that on any bike baby.

THe BUSA rules!!!!!

just in case no one else says it, man ur nutz
tounge.gif
hehehe

my neighbor and I did one like that down to Nags Head one day from Raleigh....only we did it in Oct when it was a bit chilly on the way home after dark
sad.gif

Hope you guys had fun at least
biggrin.gif
Got any pics for us?
cool.gif

I do but it was on my camera phone. But i did find something out very interesting. There is a MC that is called the Busa Kings. Yep you guessed it. All members own busas. i figure it is a pre requisite also. Seemed pretty cool though. i think they were out of NY

Yeah ... I got stuck in that traffic too. I left Chantilly, VA at 11 am and didn't roll into the armory until after 3:30 pm, should have been only 2 1/2 hours at the most. I left there at 6:30 and was back home by 9 pm.

IMGP2227.JPG

But the busa loves the open road[/QUOTE]
This is without question...I did the Honda Hoot back in June and it about a 500-miler one way for me and my '04 (on its
first long stretch ride) was perfect in all regards...while not
quite as comfortable as the '97 zx11 I gave up, it manages the best of sport and touring very, very well...
Ride safe...

Back