June 2010 East Coast Beach Run, Anyone?

Yeah it was really gusty---not 100% pleasant especially going across that bridge. That wind kicked me all over the place.

VA Beach or AC could work just fine. I'll game. We can just pick a weekend and get it on the calendar. Mid June? That will give us 30 days to line stuff up.

Yeah, the wind was a bit ugly after a few hours. After about hour 3 of riding it wasn't much fun anymore.

Ok...so since we have already done OC....let's do VA Beach. It sounds like VA Beach might be the ticket with so many riders down around that area. It's about a 4 hour ride for me.

Moyock, NC is exactly 5 hours for me from DC...so VA Beach (just north of it) should be no big issue.

So who is in for VA Beach and what weekend in June works best?

I'd entertain a beach run depending on the route... Sitting in tunnel traffic is no bueno.

I'm in VA, but about 4 hrs west of the beach. I'm 30-45min from the Blue Ridge Parkway. I'm near RT 29 and 460. Anytime a group wants to come this way there are countless miles of great curves and riding, even off the parkway. We also have a stunt spot on a dead end deep in the country:laugh:

I'm in VA, but about 4 hrs west of the beach. I'm 30-45min from the Blue Ridge Parkway. I'm near RT 29 and 460. Anytime a group wants to come this way there are countless miles of great curves and riding, even off the parkway. We also have a stunt spot on a dead end deep in the country:laugh:
nice riding out there! i am headed out to harrisionburg in june also.we hit rt 211 across skyline and the ride rt33 across the mountain..cool roads!:thumbsup:

Bumpin for Goblin so we can get a date set:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sing up list?

let's start this the 'ol bash way..:laugh:

VA BEACH Org MnG:

Attendees Depending on Date:

Goblinsix
Lycan
Warbird
Dino
Busa Pebbles
VAbusa
heavybusa
Supergank1

Goblinsix
Lycan
Warbird
Dino
Busa Pebbles
VAbusa
heavybusa
Supergank1
Lommis-And some Loom-I:laugh:
kennym4
84ninja

VA Beach sounds good, Im up for the 19th or 26th, What ever is easier for the rest of the group..

Sounds good to me.

Primary Date: June 19th
Rain Date: June 26th

Hotel: Any ideas? Someplace close to the restaurants and bars.

Lycan---you going to be back by then?

Sounds good to me.

Anyplace on the ocean is close to food and drink but it is not going to be cheap. Try the chains (Marriott, Holiday Inn)

Sounds good to me.

Well right now my Calendars clear and I just the date on there for the 19th so were GTG:thumbsup:

Anyplace on the ocean is close to food and drink but it is not going to be cheap. Try the chains (Marriott, Holiday Inn)

I'll check out a few of the hotels and get some basic rates. Anyplace that is close to the beach and has good parking/security for our bikes is my first choice. I'm not going to get too bent out of shape over saving $20 on a room for one night.

I figure that we can pick a place and then have everyone make their own reservation online. Then folks can pick if and who they want to double-up with. Pretty simple.

Some of the places down on the beach might be difficult to get. Many have 2-night stay minimums. So we might have to stay a few blocks inland. We can always grab a taxi. A lot of the places are starting to fill-up that weekend as well.

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
I-64 & US 13 (VA220) 5819 Northampton Blvd.,
Virginia Beach, VA, US, 23455-4622
Phone: (757) 460-1000Fax: (757) 464-3210

Rate: $69 per night.

I could use some help finding a cheap place for us...anyone with any motel contacts there? We might have to stay a few miles outside of the city.

Day's Inn Norfolk
5701 Chambers St,
Norfolk, VA, 23502 United States
866-539-0036
Rate: $79

Hilton Garden
252 Town Center Dr,
Virginia Beach, VA, 23462
United States
866-539-0036

Rate: $159

Last edited: