Anyone do there own Seat?

I did my old Rd 400 seat many years ago with an electric knife and just streched the fabric back over....also one of my best riding partners is an upholsterer so let me know if i can help and i will contact him

Yes that is exactly what i did to mine.

WOW! Amode, that Busa is SICK BROTHER :bowdown: Seat turned out GREAT TOO! :cheerleader: Mind sharing your technique for doing such an awesome job on that seat(thats exactly what im wanting to do!)? And letz see some more pics of that bad azz busa :thumbsup:

I did my old Rd 400 seat many years ago with an electric knife and just streched the fabric back over....also one of my best riding partners is an upholsterer so let me know if i can help and i will contact him

Thank You Ozz! I appreciate that bro. :beerchug:

Cool! the next challenge I think im going to have is what to use to re-attach the cover back onto the plastic seat pan? ??? I dont know if a standard staple "gun" will be strong enough? But like Commuta mentioned, its not like i couldnt send it in after i mangle it to get it done right. :thumbsup:

Just be careful with high staples near the tank they will scratch the paint in a hurry. If you mangle it badly it may cost you more to send it out to be redone, if they will do it at all.

If it's race only why not strip the foam off and fiberglass it?

What kind of numbers have you run on the K8?

You say theres 2mph to be had getting yourself "higher" on the bike? Not questioning you(well kinda I guess, I dont understand this)...thought it would be just the opposite? Please explain. Thanks Bro

This is my ZX12 at Maxton a couple of years back. The seat I have on the bike here is a two step seat with a high back. Bikes have inherintly bad aerodynamics, with the worst separation happening at the windscreen to helmet transition, and the ass to rear cowl transition. You want your back as flat as possible. A low seat is good for the launch, but actually hurts the aero. Immagine the photo with my ass 3" lower...not good for CD. I'm chopping a tank right now to get my back more horizontal, and my helmet lower. There is speed to be had with the right seat design.

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

I see now what your talking about Draco, Thank you for the great explanation(makes perfect sense) :thumbsup:
I NEED TO DIET!! :banghead: Being FAT SUCKZ :laugh: Theres NO way im going to be able to get this body out of the wind! I guess im just gonna have to make up with it in HP! Once I get the seat apart I will see how much room I have, and i'll look into the step seat.
BTW, Nice 12R bro, I had a Silver 2001 12....almost makes me miss it............."ALMOST" :laugh:

BTW, Nice 12R bro, I had a Silver 2001 12....almost makes me miss it............."ALMOST" :laugh:
Like this? Kinda? Lol.

old computer 595.jpg

I cut my stock seat down with an electric knife, recovered it with the stock skin, used 3M upholstery glue and staples. Will post pix in the morning.

Back