Anybody's leg hurt?

bowwow

Registered
Does anyone get pain in their legs after riding? For the last couple of months, my right leg has been killing me when I straighten it out. Right behind my knee. It feels like a very sore muscle, but it has been like this for a long time. I am physically fit, and ride often. I could see if I was out of shape or not used to being in that position. I have tried stretching before and during riding. It doesn't help. I rode last weekend, and my leg is killing me know. Any ideas?

Well after going to the track my quads were reeling like a MF but that was to be expected
laugh.gif
anytime you are pushing the bike in the twisties if you are using proper riding technique your legs should hurt well that is what the track instructor told me any way.

Im 20 and 6'4" 170lbs so quite thin. After I ride a while, like yesterday I rode for about 2 hrs straight, my right hip hurts pretty bad. It also hurts if I do alot of walking also though so idk what it contributed to. Generally a couple hours later its not sore anymore so Im good to go.

It's the muscles on the back side of my leg opposite of my knee-cap. I've never had any problems in that area.
dunno.gif

I get cramps in my legs once in a while, I try to stretch out as much as I can on the bike, or jump off for a minute then I am fine.

What you describe could be sciatica, have you had back problems in the past? Another outside possiblity could be a bakers cyst.

I am the king of Advil... I take 3 or 4 before very ride over 300M..

Have you changed pegs (Buell pegs) or any other mods to "loosen" up the riding position?

Thank goodness I don't have that kind of problem I'm 6ft. tall, 180lbs. I can ride my bike for over 15 hours (over 800 miles)with no problem at all. If I don't have a family to come home to, I'd be out there longer.(j/k)The only mod I did to her as far as comfort were Helibars and Corbin seat. I can't get enough of her.

I'm 5'11" and 190lbs, and I tell ya.....I don't like riding my Harley OR my Busa longer then a few hours. I get aches in my back, legs stiffen up, plus I just get bored. I think the most I've EVER ridden was 2 hours straight. After that I need a break to just relax and I'm all kinked up.

I'm just not a huge long distance iron ass enthusiast.

i used to get it in the hips all the time and on any bike i rode. the last year or so i began stretching just about everyday. stretching only on a riding day does not really help if you are not already somewhat limber, that just make everything tighten up when you get into the riding position

I'm 5'11" and 190lbs, and I tell ya.....I don't like riding my Harley OR my Busa longer then a few hours. I get aches in my back, legs stiffen up, plus I just get bored. I think the most I've EVER ridden was 2 hours straight. After that I need a break to just relax and I'm all kinked up.

I'm just not a huge long distance iron ass enthusiast.
sometimes the pain is worth it
ThumbsUp.gif

ATT3894312.JPG

My knee gets stiff after several 3+ hrs of riding. I find I have less discomfort if I don't keep my wallet in my back pocket.

Pappy and I had this conversation at Eureka Springs, he suggested cutting out the coffee.

I did and so far my knee has not caused me any problems.
I am going on a 3,000 mile plus ride. I need all the help I can get, since the Captain says I am old.
I think he is still sore about my 49mpg fill up.................

Back