Any corvette owners?

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
I currently have an Avalanche, but have been thinking about getting back to sports cars. Had a Camaro SS, loved it and thinking about getting another of those or possibly a corvette. Obviously these would be used. I'm definately gonna get a convertible and a 6spd
cool.gif
but having never owned a corvette, I'm curious if anyone knows much about them, can point me in the right direction on years or features that are good/bad.

Thanks in advance

I had a 81 vette Loved those year models, got to drive my cousins 98 a few times very fun! they had some problems with the traction control when launched hard sometimes it would go to nothing you'd have to kill the car to reset the comp in it. Happened to me twice.

<!--EDIT|onerabidshark
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125684834 -->

If you're over 6' tall forget a Vette. Friend of mine's girlfriend had a 96 6-speed, great car, good looking and fast, but it SUCKED to drive it, or worse be a passenger. No leg room, no headroon, no room to recline, couldn't hardly get my leg around the wheel to release the clutch....Drive one first if you are a grown up.

If you're over 6' tall forget a Vette. Friend of mine's girlfriend had a 96 6-speed, great car, good looking and fast, but it SUCKED to drive it, or worse be a passenger. No leg room, no headroon, no room to recline, couldn't hardly get my leg around the wheel to release the clutch....Drive one first if you are a grown up.
I respectfully disagree. I'm 6'4", and fit just fine in my '01. Plenty of leg room, head room, quite comfortable in my opinion. Perhaps the C4 generation was a bit tighter, but the C5's fit me fine.

P1010091.JPG

The C4 are resonably affordble but the room in them sucks i personally would stay away from them Bri i owned a C5 97 first year for it absolute blast to own and drive had it probs 97 was a bad year get a 99 or newer all the probs fixed by then even a later 98 i would personally stay away from the manuals unless you feel like sinking some cash into a clutch they not cheap unless you find a super low milage one i had the glass targa top and white was a real beauty but had a few bugs if ya still got my number bri give me a call and i will let ya in on the ins and outs of the c5 and c4's alright man

i also had a 81. it was all original al the way done to the 8 track, loved it but wanted a camper more than the vette(busa was faster). so i sold her. i would love a 05 zo6

Back