07 Corvette or Porsche Cayman?

Meathead muscle vs. Euro precision....

Tough call...I loved my Vette....sounds cool, great performance...it is the benchmark of american muscle.

While not even close to the same as the Porsche, I also had a BMW Z3. I loved it....ultra smooth, precise, the typical "german engineering" attributes.

If I was in your shoes......the Vette. The C6 is absolutely stunning, 400 horses, great handling, blah blah.

Porsche carries some additional "prestige", along with probably better general service at the Porsche dealer, as Chevy dealers aren't known for their "world class" service experience.

Are you married? 50% of all marrried men over 40 that buy porsches end up cheating on their wives.
So, if you are 40 ish and like your wife, get a vette. If you want to lose half your chit, but scoop a 22 yr old that looks like Erica Campbell (google her, diyaaamn) get the Porsche!

I really like Erica..... err I mean the Porsche.

How about the best of both worlds... kinda...

93-98 Toyota Supra TT 6-speed Targa Top. (Yes, the star car from "The Fast and the Furious") Slugs stock, but if you've got the cash, buy the car for around $20-30 K, do some suspension mods, and buy a turbo kit... 700hp at the wheels reliably... I'd LOVE one...

(nitrousjunkie @ Oct. 08 2006,15:22) I have 2 friends that have the Cayannes,1 "S" version and 1 Turbo version,they both are great vehicles,and seem to be quite reliable over here in the sand box,the vette would be more fun,but the Cayanne would prolly be more practicle.Nice cars for sure,people still buying them despite gas prices.
bowdown.gif
Dude . . . You are talking about the Porsche SUV the Cayenne.

They are talking about the boxster coupe... the Cayman.

The S is the top of the line.

I vote for the cayman... Drives like its on rails!

pirate.gif
Raider out
P1513

neither...i would buy a 400 buck beater and invest the rest

(chrisjp @ Oct. 10 2006,02:21) neither...i would buy a 400 buck beater and invest the rest
Why? I am almost 46 with zero debt except for my mortgage. Why would I want a beater?

<a href="http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/coupes/0601_nissan_skyline/" target="_blank">You need to watch out for this car in 2008. Nissan Skyline GT-R coming to America. Turbocharged, 450 horses

more pictures</a>

skyline23.jpg

Can't bring to buy a new car anymore...drops thousands of dollars as soon as you drive it off the lot. 1 year old car with a few years warranty is the smart move, but if you want the latest and greatest you have to buy new.

A 2-year-old 911 Turbo would be in my sight.

(Over_Easy @ Oct. 10 2006,09:18) Can't bring to buy a new car anymore...drops thousands of dollars as soon as you drive it off the lot. 1 year old car with a few years warranty is the smart move, but if you want the latest and greatest you have to buy new.  

A 2-year-old 911 Turbo would be in my sight.
2 year old Turbo 911 for this price? Where.

That makes me remember when I was married to my X wife. She was from Sawgrass FL. and her brother Steve was Hurley Haywoods best friend. Hurley won Le Mons five times for Porsche and they gave him a free turbo each year to drive so that they could sell it later as Hurley Haywoods Porsche. I used to be able to drive his cars when we were at his place.

Right now I miss my X wife.
sad.gif

somebody already mentioned the lotus elise .. but I was gonna mention that one also..

i think you go with the porsche if you want something to be noticed in...

if you want something to have more performance that drool factor... vette.

and if you really couldn't care less about impressing strangers... the Elise is supposed to be an absoloute corner demon... and it doesn't even try to be practicle ... which is good for a "toy" in my opinion.

ya don't buy a toy because it's practical.

all that bein said.. if I were buyin... it would probably be the vette and if I could spare the scratch.. the z06.

If you want to impress people (who inevitably don't know much about cars, particularly women) go for the porche. Even a boxter will do that trick. If you're just looking for a toy, consider a much cheaper car.... something like an evo or sti. You can buy one for around 30, and make it crazy fast for another 5-10 in engine and suspension mods. STI's do 0-60 in about 4.5 seconds stock. Not bad for 30k.

Looked at the Lotus. Pretty sexy but it's British. When I grew up, you never wanted to buy a British made car unless you could buy two. I almost bought a triumph GT-6 but I was told you need two. One to drive while the other is in the shop.

(yamahor @ Oct. 09 2006,17:52) How about the best of both worlds... kinda...

93-98 Toyota Supra TT 6-speed Targa Top. (Yes, the star car from "The Fast and the Furious") Slugs stock, but if you've got the cash, buy the car for around $20-30 K, do some suspension mods, and buy a turbo kit... 700hp at the wheels reliably... I'd LOVE one...
No suspension work required, they pull about .97g with 19's and good tires, BPU plus is good for about 350 to the wheels, fast enough to eat 600cc sportbikes in a roll, tops out about 177 on GPS. 95 TT 6-spd Targa. My buddy sold his 2 winters ago for 18k.

The lotus elise uses a toyota celica engine and tranny.... so it's probably more dependable than you think.

Back