Had a heart pumping moment today!

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
After the quake, I'm thinking most of the cops will be in the city to provide support instead of patrolling the mountains.

I guess a guy in a red corvette was thinking the same thing....

I'm exiting a corner setting up for the next corner and a red corvette, coming the opposite direction, exiting my next corner is sideways, wheels smoking, half in my lane and half in his lane. The back end of the vette was in my lane and front was in his. So I'm thinking where do I swerve??
Right??

Left??

Which way is he going to spin out??

But then he regained control back into his lane.

I had plenty of time to swerve, but had no idea which way to go...

It took a couple miles to get the heart rate back down and get the burnt rubber smell out of my helmet... whew!

laugh.gif

Nope, no accidents!
cool.gif

I would have... Props to ya for keeping your head on for that one. I know a lot of folks would have had issues in that situation.

Lesse, HARD on the Brakes, Aim for the guys current position, good chance physics will handle the rest. Scary Stuff...

I bet he had to change his shorts. Glad you made it without any problems.

Have been a Vette guy for eons, they have a tendency to get sideways and as we always called it 'snap back' into line.
Glad it worked out for ya my man, I look forward to meeting (taking lessons from) you at Barber in '09!!!!!

Should have just pulled back and gone over top of him......

dunno.gif

superman.gif

lol1.gif

A lesser rider would have panicked, got on the brakes and probably low sided. Always stay with it and try to find away out. Way to go!

Yup, 5.4 quake in Chino Hills. Made my house rock and roll for about 10 seconds
wowold.gif

Jet-A,
You're totally right, I should hit the gas, pulled a wheelie and used the vette as a ramp
cool.gif
firedevil.gif

Ooops, wait a minute, what about the left-hand turn....
laugh.gif

Damn Chaz!! Glad you kept it upright. Careful in them canyons brother. I don't wanna have to cruise up to Reno/Fernley solo.  
beerchug.gif

BTW-sorry I couldn't ride with you today, I ended up doing Big Willow on Sunday. Got my lap timer working. best was a 29.3

then on session 4, I did a string of 33's and one 32. However, the right side of my 002 is GONE. I was getting crossed up and squirrley out of 2 and T9. I almost tucked the front on 9 a couple of times. But it was a lot of fun spinning up the rear. After that, I was down in the 38's. But I learned tons from wasting the rear and traction control management. I'm sure I could've gone faster, but it's a pucker moment coming out of T2 at 118 MPH and rear is sliding and coming around.

Damn Chaz!! Glad you kept it upright. Careful in them canyons brother. I don't wanna have to cruise up to Reno/Fernley solo.  
beerchug.gif

BTW-sorry I couldn't ride with you today, I ended up doing Big Willow on Sunday. Got my lap timer working. best was a 29.3

then on session 4, I did a string of 33's and one 32. However, the right side of my 002 is GONE. I was getting crossed up and squirrley out of 2 and T9. I almost tucked the front on 9 a couple of times. But it was a lot of fun spinning up the rear. After that, I was down in the 38's. But I learned tons from wasting the rear and traction control management. I'm sure I could've gone faster, but it's a pucker moment coming out of T2 at 118 MPH and rear is sliding and coming around.
Today was my last canyon day, wheels are off. I goto the mechanic tomorrow to put on the BT002 Race tires.

Wow dude, 29s with a hybrid/street tire!! You are the man!!
thumb_up.gif

beerchug.gif

hijack.gif
but dude you make that sound like a frickn blast.
jump9.gif

beerchug.gif

hijack.gif
 but dude you make that sound like a frickn blast.
jump9.gif
it was a little scary at first. But after a few laps, the 002's were pretty predictable that I pretty much "expected" a slide on the exit of T2. I also found a small bump there that actually get the rear unsettled, not from a slide, but the rear actually leaving the ground a split second and upsetting the chassis. Now that's pucker.

Back