07 Corvette or Porsche Cayman?

(BlueHaya @ Oct. 12 2006,20:29) Buy and 08 SS Camaro and a vette.
I am a Camaro nut. My first car was a 1970 1/2 SS/RS with a LT1 350. But I have to say that I cannot stand the new Camaro. If it were a new car all together and called something else maybe but it's not a 69 like it's supposed to be. Ford did it right and now the new Challenger. They should have made it look exactly like a 69.

But that's just me.

(Lazerblade @ Oct. 12 2006,01:50) Looked at the Lotus. Pretty sexy but it's British. When I grew up, you never wanted to buy a British made car unless you could buy two. I almost bought a triumph GT-6 but I was told you need two. One to drive while the other is in the shop.
NAh, It's Japanese electronic and Engine, British Chassis and handling... Win Win.

Seriously though I'm with some of the others here. Sounds like your more interested in being noticed than performance. Either will work bro.

I like the Caymen, but I don't like the positioning of it within the company, and I wouldn't be interested in the maintenence hassle and extra expense unless I was doing a 911 Turbo.

I say you need to head to BMW and check out the M3 and the new 3 series twin turbo Coupe. Both perform on par with the Caymen, Both come with 4 years maintenence and everything paid but you can take your clubs and a couple friends to the Golf course and still give a new More than it can handle. Plus after four years your BMW will be worth a lot more than the vette and will still be rattle free.

(Lazerblade @ Oct. 13 2006,13:05)
(BlueHaya @ Oct. 12 2006,20
super.gif
) Buy and 08 SS Camaro and a vette.
I am a Camaro nut.  My first car was a 1970 1/2 SS/RS with a  LT1 350.  But I have to say that I cannot stand the new Camaro.   If it were a new car all together and called something else maybe but it's not a 69 like it's supposed to be.  Ford did it right and now the new Challenger.  They should have made it look exactly like a 69.  

But that's just me.
+1

I have a restored 68 and i was hoping they would make it look exactly like the old styles.

I'm a Vette Man myself, nothing bad about the Caymen. BUT the new vette just looks tough as ballz, and performance is right there also.

Toyota's rumored to be coming out again with a V-8 Supra pushing 450 bhp for about $50K. Kinda reminds me of the old 275 GTB Ferrari.

Supra.JPG

gotta throw in my .02 here, being that I worked at a Porsche dealership for 2.5 years
from your posts, Lzrblde, I get that you're just lookin for a new toy, somthin hot n fast, good looks n all that.

If you are more interestd in looks, a Porsche will win in the price range you stated. just the way it is.
for horsepower, you cant beat a Vette right now and you'd have $$ left over for some rims n few extras.

if you are a tinkering kinda guy, Id say go for a used Vette or 911 (cabrios are sweet IMO) and take yer leftovers to get all the goodies-ECUs, suspension, rims, stereo, etc.

me-Im a big dude, so I want legroom and massive horsepower. If I was dropping over $60k on ANY car, the first thing Id buy is either an SL 500 or CL 500 Mercedes Benz. Check'em out if you havent already. Talk to any Benz owners in your area and ask them how their dealership service is-the one I worked for had a 42" plasma in their waiting room with leather furniture and E-class cars for owners of the high-end cars (any Porsche or SL, CL, ML, or S class cars)...point being, they tend to take REALLY good care of customers....
I cant say enuf about the new SL-hard top convt. with top leather n wood interior, great controls, powerful V-8s (or V-12 if you're really tryin to be the "big baller") and great looks....I'd take an SL 500 AMG and be done.
one thing that really gets lame quick is crappy service, so talk to anybody who has a Porsche or Vette too if you can.

hope you get your dream ride and it lives up your expectations, bro.

Ok, I drove a 95 911 Turbo last night in Kuwait City. So, lets throw the 911 slightly used model into this mix. Was 98 the first year of the new style? What do you all think now? A slightly used 911 can be had for under $60 I think.

Paul

(Revlis @ Oct. 13 2006,13:15) Plus after four years your BMW will be worth a lot more than the vette and will still be rattle free.
Not so, just checked out some 03 Corvettes and 03 M3s
on Ebay and considering millage, and price when new, they both seem to be selling in high 30s on average. The rattle free part might be correct though.

Back