Any body suffer from gout?

brian7396

Donating Member
Registered
if you dont know what it is then fortunately you dont have it. its a form of arthritis caused by a build up of urich acid. hurts like HE**!!! this is the second flare up that iv had, the other was in february of 2006. doc wont give me anything but anti inflammatory meds because my acid level is just below the high mark.:banghead: what are some remedies that u guys and gals are using with good results? iv got the cherry juice. doesnt taste like cherries. :puke:
at this point it may keep me from the bash :(

my dad suffers from it. according to him, fresh cherries is pretty much the fastest way to cure it. last time he was here, there were none to be found, so he got a can of tart cherries (to make cobbler with, not pie filling) it worked, just not as fast. good luck

my dad suffers from it. according to him, fresh cherries is pretty much the fastest way to cure it. last time he was here, there were none to be found, so he got a can of tart cherries (to make cobbler with, not pie filling) it worked, just not as fast. good luck

the cherry thing seems to be pretty common, it is helpin just not as fast as id like. thanks bro

I have never had it but an older brother did once and I remember he was a sick puppy. I will ask him how he treated it since it hasn't seemed to have been a problem for several years now.

Just make sure that is what you have, and not Lime Disease. I have had Lyme 3 times.

Drink lots and lots of water and go to the Dr. and ask for Indocin or Indomethacin. You'll probably be instructed to take 1 capsule the first 2 days then 2 capsules a day after that if your stomach can tolerate it. It makes the pain go away the first day and then your joints start working within 2 - 3 days.

Oh, and start losing weight. When I get complacent and the weight goes up the pain returns. I also noticed that when I was really downing the coke/pepsi I had a much higher occurrence. Since I seriously cut back drinking them I've had no issues.

I know someone that has it, her doctor told her to stay away from red meat. It works for her, but if she eats red meat it comes back. I will have to tell her the Cherries thing.

I talked to my brother and he said that it had been over ten years since he has had any flare up. He couldn't remember the name of the medication he took, but he was in total agreement about the cherries helping.

Stop drinking so much beer.

I had a friend that drank probably a six pack a beer every other day if not everyday and he developed gout.

So everytime it flares up on him, he cuts out the beer for a while. :beerchug:

I take allopurinal for uric acid kidney stones, if i didnt i would be riddled with the stones but this same medicine is supposed to do wonders for gout also.

Last edited:
thanks for all the replies, the doc assures me its gout. the Indocin or Indomethacin is really bad on my stomach. and i do need to get my weight down, iv put on a few extra pounds this winter. i dont drink any alcohol but once in a blue moon. so i guess im stuck with the cherry juice (it is working) and loosin som weight. i will ask about allopurinal . again thanks everyone :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have it. The only flar up I had was the worst week of my life! I take Allopurinol one pill every day, latly every other day.
This helped during the first flar up with Gout. I was out of town so I didn't want to sit in an emergency room all day.
So I surfed the net and found this home rementy. One tea spoon of baking soda in a cold glass of water. It's not too bad and it lowers your blood PH to help desolve the uric acid that builds up. Everyone that talked about this home rementy swore by it. My first and only lasted 5 days.
Lots of things help, cherries are a big help, less rare meat, white bread instead of weat. I still like the pills, the magic number is a uric acid level around 10 or more. Mine now runs around a one or less.
Back home at my Doctor's office, the nurse was taken my blood pressure and asked " I have been told it hurts alot" is that true. I asked her to read my chart. Four months ago I had a motorcycle wreck. Totaled the Busa, no jacket with road rash up & down bothr arms sholders and my back. I then told her the cycle wreck didn't hurt as much as the Gout!
Good luck and let me know how things turn out.

I don't have gout but I have a major problem with kidney stones. The last one had me in the ICU with septic shock for awhile. I used to take allopurinol daily due to high sodium and uric acid. I quit taking it during pregnancy and lazily never resumed, hence more stones. I too can not do any NSAIDs due to stomach bleeds, so it gets miserable. I hope the cherries work. I was told to stay away from red meat.

I have it. The only flar up I had was the worst week of my life! I take Allopurinol one pill every day, latly every other day.
This helped during the first flar up with Gout. I was out of town so I didn't want to sit in an emergency room all day.
So I surfed the net and found this home rementy. One tea spoon of baking soda in a cold glass of water. It's not too bad and it lowers your blood PH to help desolve the uric acid that builds up. Everyone that talked about this home rementy swore by it. My first and only lasted 5 days.
Lots of things help, cherries are a big help, less rare meat, white bread instead of weat. I still like the pills, the magic number is a uric acid level around 10 or more. Mine now runs around a one or less.
Back home at my Doctor's office, the nurse was taken my blood pressure and asked " I have been told it hurts alot" is that true. I asked her to read my chart. Four months ago I had a motorcycle wreck. Totaled the Busa, no jacket with road rash up & down bothr arms sholders and my back. I then told her the cycle wreck didn't hurt as much as the Gout!
Good luck and let me know how things turn out.

i will try the baking soda and water.:thumbsup: so far the cherry juice has worked i got out and rode some today, and it was easier than pushing in the clutch on the mustang. looks like im gona make the bash :cheerleader: and as for the pain, the only thing that has come close is an abscessed tooth. gout is awful.

Last edited:
I don't have gout but I have a major problem with kidney stones. The last one had me in the ICU with septic shock for awhile. I used to take allopurinol daily due to high sodium and uric acid. I quit taking it during pregnancy and lazily never resumed, hence more stones. I too can not do any NSAIDs due to stomach bleeds, so it gets miserable. I hope the cherries work. I was told to stay away from red meat.

i love steak and burger so that makes it very hard to stay away from red meat i do try :whistle: the only thing iv changed lately in my diet was eating about 4 or 5 bananas in one day and 3 days later i was hurting :banghead:

I was diagnosed with the gout too. I woke up one morning and my foot was in unusual pain, I thought I had hit it on something during the night. I tried ignoring it for a couple of days but the pain got much worse and I found myself in the ER at 1:30 in the morning! I could'nt ride my bike for 5 days straight, and the meds the doc gave me did not seem to be working. The pain did'nt seem to go away until after I drank the cherry juice, I fell asleep on the couch and when I woke up the pain had diminished drastically.

BTW the doc told me mine was probally caused by the protien powder mix I'd been using. I don't drink alcohol of any kind and am not too big on red meat, I could stand to lose some weight however.

Can you spot which foot is sufferig from a gout flare up?
Been sort of immobile for over a week. Using crutches and flip flops.
a3ac8d23.jpg

that one on the left is swollen pretty bad huh, dang that hurts just thinking about it

Can you spot which foot is sufferig from a gout flare up?
Been sort of immobile for over a week. Using crutches and flip flops.
a3ac8d23.jpg

I was diagnosed with it last summer. They gave me some med which worked really well and told me I had to stop eating so much meat with pureins in it. Since then I've not had a single flare up.
What's your diet like?

This is one time I can be like Bill Clinton and say 'I feel your pain' :laugh:

Back