New Guy From Denver Shopping...

Indeed it is! I'm pretty unoriginal and use my real name both here and there, lol.

Good luck with the search. I'm pretty happy with my 07 and it's a blast to ride. I still have the Sabre, though it's down with a bent shift fork at ~56k miles.

Yeah, I sold mine a few months ago and decided to go back to sport bikes. I'm leaning toward an 05 or 06 but we shall see ;-?

And the winner! 2006 with 6k miles. Picked her up this afternoon and man the ride home was awesome. I hit a few small twists and it was just beautiful. She never seemed like the power would stop! I'm pleased! Cant wait to get her out tomorrow.

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: to the Org! Congrats on your new Busa! You will love it and probably never want to ride anything else, (my own opinion of course). :thumbsup:

:cheerleader: Great looking Hayabusa!! Take her easy to you get the feel for the Busa. She can be tame and enjoyable to ride but a real ***** if you dont treat her right.

Hello,

I just joined and came across this thread. I am in the same boat. I am looking to buy a busa within the next week. I am not sure what year. Someone mentioned that you can bypass the restriction on the restricted bikes? Is that hard? What all does the restriction affect? Looking to spend 5-6k max.

firstbusa12 said:
Hello,

I just joined and came across this thread. I am in the same boat. I am looking to buy a busa within the next week. I am not sure what year. Someone mentioned that you can bypass the restriction on the restricted bikes? Is that hard? What all does the restriction affect? Looking to spend 5-6k max.

It easy to bypass with a edu edit or tre, but you may need something a little extra to actually reach that speed.

Sent from my DROIDX using Forum Runner

I'd go with the '08 because it has 50 more cc's and the restriction is easily bypassed. Suzuki knew people were going to do it so they didn't make it hard. The TRE switch affects two things. ONE: Bypasses the 186 MPH top speed limiter and - TWO: Allows the RPMs to climb a bit faster. The bike stock will be fast enough in speed and acceleration for you, although picking one up with as many performance upgrades is always desireable.

Hello,

Back