any body making over 200 hp . let\'s compare notes

G

I have not done my motor yet, but I have been talking to Bob Carpenter of Carpenter Race Engines. He has done 13 Hayabusa's so far with a result of 205 to 213hp on pump fuel and stock exhaust.
He does a 2mm over bore with JE pistons, headwork, 13.5 to 1 compression, larger valves, hypercycle cams, air box mod. and yosh box remap.
Hea Turbo, are you pretty happy with your Wiseco pistons? I work in engineering and marketing at Cometic Gasket, and we supply all of Wiseco's gaskets, so I can get a pretty good deal on pistons for my busa from them.
Paul

Pkboxer with that compression how streetable is the bike? Meaning riding everday all over the power band, riding stop and go traffic, estimated riding time 4 to 5 hours.

Yosh cams, BMC, Yosh ti system, and -5,-5,-5 as well.

Head has not been off bike as waiting to see what works from you guys.

Dallas I would like to learn more!

1. 4mm JE pistons
2. 13to1 compression
3. fully ported head
4. 1 1/2mm larger intake
1mm larger exh
5. web cams
6. pw2 & airbox mod
7. 2mm crank stroke
8. union 76 fuel(100 octane)
9. kawabuser cam sprocket& cam sensor
10.48mm electrons
11.100hp progressive nitrous
12.billit basket/ with lockup
13.244.9 rwhp(no nitrous!)

this is all BS! nice topic though, Dallas!

are you happy with your "orient express" busa, dallasracer?

pbx send me a email my address is in my profile. i haven't had a problem out of weisco yet. give me a week or two and i will tell you more. i will have taken a peek at them by then.

kaw. how much hp are you making?

203 hp web cams, little head work, 3mm weisco, at that time it was a micron with high compression. lowering the compression and using a Arka. pipe and dialing the cams hope to see atleast 210 hp. Will let you know more in a couple of weeks. This is a great post Dallas!

Frank, how is your sense of humor today?

If you play #9 backwards you will know if Paul McCartney is dead.

Perhaps you are interested in the *REDRUM* fuel pressure regulator.

This is only a Test :)
Frank how many miles have rode your bike ?
That was only a Test :)

On a serious note:
How are the starters and crank splines holding out on the high compression motors you guys are running?

frank; my valve are stock,peek hp 10250.I've not tried to make any more power than i have now.this motor makes 143hp-96ft.lb torque @4000 rpm,peek torque @7200-7300 120+ft. lb torque. the first time i built this motor it made 191 hp with head work & piston kit 2mm compression was 12.3:1-i had to cut valve relief on intake side of je pistons & cut a bit much.2nd motor i milled head & decked cylinders,up compression to 14:1 same piston kit 2mm, and installed yosh. stage 1 cam's hp went from 191 to 205. i talked to Skip at o/e they had 1430 kit in a bike making 185 hp i felt my motor work in line with what ever body alse was doing and maybe a little better. a close friend of mine is gona buy the zx12 project bike for me to play with. building bike's are fun ,& challanging, i owne small trucking company , and need stress releif,so i work on bikes,ALSO owne the race shop dallas. email address Dfwracer@aol.com

frank i don't have orent express motor.the only thing i've got from them is the piston kits, 1 kit 2mm over & 2nd 4mm over.have not tryed 4mm in motor as of now,my motor is hard starting with 2mm over,and i don't to ad to it by installing the 4mm kit.i do ride on the street.my whp avarge's 205hp (high 208hp- low 202hp) torque 121-124 @7400rpms. ANY THING YOU WANT KNOW ABOUT MOTOR ,I WILL TALE ALL WITH NO BS.PLEASE DO THE SAME

Tffu,
I dont know how streetable these motors actually are as I have never ridden one. Bob (Carpenter) says they are reliable street motors. I may just go with his other kit he offers, JE pistons (same bore), head work, 13 to 1 compression, Hyper cycle cams, air box mod & remap. This kit makes a little over 185hp. One of his guys with this kit ran a 9.23 @ 154 last weekend. Bob also says that the cams he uses keeps the power band about the same, which is very attractive to me, I dont want all the power to be over 7000rpm's.
Paul

DALLASRACER: i've tried to e-mail and instant message on aol several times but you never respond back. "suzukinos" is my screen name on aol. i would like to know more about your combo! but i wont be able to if you don't respond back.
all i knew about your bike was that you recieved or had "orient express" send or do some work for you. (my mistake,sorry!) those boys at "orient express" are doing or have done some real interesting things with the busa so far! i, myself wouldn't "hesitate" to let them do work for me! they've got a real good r&d program going with the busa now. you picked a good place to deal with.

question; what kind of compression do you have? and? are you still planing on selling your busa to do a zx-12 prodject?

where are your cam's building power(range) at?
do you have anything that lets you run the motor past the stock 11,200 setting?

what size valves do you have?

thanks for all the info!

[This message has been edited by frank adams (edited 26 November 1999).]

Dallasracer, can't wait to see someone TRY to get that kind of hp from a zx-12.(never happen)
Since you milled your head, what kind of piston to valve clr do you have? Does this combo ever run hot? Also, i didn't see it anywhere, did you do the airbox mod?

With that kind of hp, you do have a longer swingarm don't you?

You've gotta be impressed with this bike. are you?

i guess out of everything i see here on your bike, the only thing that concerns me is i'm not seeing anything about "valve springs". If your not doing anything in that department, your missing out on some good performance! It seems like all the busa motor builders i've spoke with say that if your going to do anything with uping your compression, your going to have to do something with the valve springs. They say it's a MUST!

DALLAS RACER, Did you have a slider on your old red/black turbo gsxr? How much do you think a slider would help your Busa E.T.?

Frank.
Whats up with the valvesprings and compression ??????? I can see that if U mill the head , then the clerance between the valve and piston is getting closer but in stock trim, the valve does not float so when U have 1mm clerance it should be ok with stock springs. In fact putting on harder springs will lower the hp of your bike and make it run hotter.( as long as we are talking stock camshafts )
I think your engine builders are trying to dig deeper into your wallet :)

no, no , no......i wasn't talking about this for a stock motor.

and, i haven't talked with my engine builder on this yet.

it's just some info passed my way from a couple of well respected people in the industry.

it might be all BS? but one things for sure with me about these guy's, there making alot of hp with there setups!

question my info is good! but, be sure to ask around before you go through with any of it!

back to the begining about valve springs, it makes sense to me...

Back