bigger \'busa\'s

OB_bigabusa

Registered
been working on big busa's all year, with cams, pipes, carbs, pistons, cranks, etc. have built a 1543cc (5mm stroke x 4mm over bore). with Yosh pipe, cams, flowed head, but std injection +10% on Yosh adjuster box, gave 230 bhp, 135 ibs torque. any one else playing out there. I am having a billet 8.5 mm crank and rods made with JE 3 mm o/s pistons to give 1585cc.
so far have seen more bhp with Keihin FCR's than Modded injection with open airbox, but I'm working with a PC2 to see if i can equal or better my carb figures. emailed Russ Collins to see what route he thinks I should go. but havent had a reply yet. I have set up a kit car with a busa engine running open injection and a race pipe with only the adjuster box and it works great. std engine running through a reversing box and differential and it still gave 158 bhp at the wheels of my Legend's Dynojet 178 dyno.

COOL!!! glad to see someone else is pushing the envelope a little bit further towards the edge. What type of fuel are
you running? Have you rode the bike on the street or is just a stripe bike? Does it over heat pretty quick or have you
controlled the heat problems? I am using a 3 over wiesco and I have been thinking about stroking it. Keep us posted of
the progress. Thanks a million!!

just running superplus unleaded. runs ok in cool weather but as I am in UK and its not summer yet i havent had chance to see what the short falls are. on seeing what Yosh have done on their racer i recon I could need a better cooler. Being at Silverstone I have lots of good fabrication shops nearby and for a reasonable sum i can get big coolers made. i will suck and see when the weather improves. Richard

Are you the same Richard that was at the dealer expo in Indy. If so, I meet you at the Cometic Gasket booth. There was a guy there doing the same things you are talking about. Does Cyclestuff ring a bell???

Sidekick cans and the turbos I gave you the litature on. What is your email address I can refresh you memory a little better that way. Had the business cards with the mikuni parts on the back with the alien cans.

One thing I like about TTS performance is the fact that they Email you back in a very prompt manner. BigBusa= A.K.A Richard Albans was very helpful with me= last summer, via Email. I would highly recommend them for your needs. Big bore kits etc...

TTS that's me are having the cranks, rods, and pistons made. email me richard@tts-performance.co.uk for prices etc. I have not written on this site for promoting my business only because we have one thing in common- to go faster! I will freely discuss any aspects of tuning Hayabusa's from my experiences.

bigabusa,

Any chance of a special Busa built by you showing up in Brit mag like your almost 190HP GSXR1100 in PB back then?

Would you care to share your experiences with tuning Busa's for normal everyday street use combined with e.g. JE bigbores and what cams you've found to work?
Some have doubts about bigbores for Busa because material left between cylinders ain't exactly spacious and I think that by now you should have a wealth of experience with the JE bigbore kit that you're selling in the UK for 1/2 to 3/4 of a year already?

Bigger busa under construction here as well. Added 3mm to the stroke and 4mm to the bore for 1500cc. Lookin to finish the motor sometime in mid April. Chassis, brakes and wheels next.

no clearancing required with the 5mm over crank, and probably not on the 8.5. mm.
The cranks are been made for me, EN40b best british steel, fully nitrided. the rods are forged, machined all over and shot peened, bolts are 3/8 SPS. there will be no counter balance gear. I have always run without it and it's not a problem.its worth about 3-4 bhp.

Back