Another dealer's explanation for no 2010s.....

ajblbv

Donating Member
Registered
Just thought I'd pass along another story that a dealer told me, but we all know how reliable these tend to be.

All suzukis being bought in the US now are being bought at auction, since many dealerships when under and Suzuki bought back the new stock. Dealerships go online to bid on these bikes.

If at the end of June there is a low enough stock, and still a demand for new bikes, Suzuki is going to skip the model year 2010 in the US and start producing the 2011s in August and sell them as such.

Sorry if it's a repost, did a few searches that didn't pull up anything.

I know I keep busting on Suzuki but they deserve it...

No 2010s for the U.S. makes them look like idiots.

I know times are tough but they are the only mfg that has had
their head up their :moon: and has done this. They look weak and foolish
IMHO.

Forget about any new models for the public ala VFR1200 or the Z1000...
we can't even get bold new graphics for 2010.

A worse run motorcycle company is hard to imagine...buell I guess.
Zuk is sure bringing up the rear...

Hey give the guys a break, they missed bankruptcy by a hair. They lost 20% or so of the company to VW, which I am sure is no fun. Let them catch their breath and see if get back to the motorcycle business, or what.

IMHO.

I would rather deal with Suzuki than Honda. So what if there is no 2010. There are plenty of 09's to be found. If all they are going to change is color? What's the big deal?

IMHO.

Opinions are like ..... well you know the rest.

IMHO.

They probably figured they were already Kickn' Everyones butt with the Gen2 so they would hold back & let everyone else try to catch up!:laugh::laugh:

the 2010's DID make it to the US (though not every state got it): https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...5772-my-2010-09-joy-pride-long-gone-07-a.html

175871d1265516900-my-2010-09-joy-pride-long-gone-07-board-1.jpg

They probably figured they were already Kickn' Everyones butt with the Gen2 so they would hold back & let everyone else try to catch up!:laugh::laugh:

That actually brings up a good point. Is Suzuki doing the same thing w/ the GSXR1000? I haven't been to a dealer in months so I don't know.

The reason I ask is....Suzuki motorcycle subsidiary sustains itself by what trickles down from its racing division and how successful they are at the track. Sure the redesigned 2009 1K did very well its 1st year out. But if they are being lax about releasing a 2010 Gixxer1K in the wake of the new crossplane R1 doing so well in racing this past season....then they are indeed setting themselves up for failure.
It all starts and ends w/ the GSXR line :rulez:

Yeah, whats the big deal. No 2010's? If you think Suzuki is bad, try Kawasaki. They actually have bikes that need problems fixed.

Be happy they are still out there, they didn't change one bit from Gen 2 so what is the big deal? Buy an 08 or 09, hell I was in 2 dealerships locally and they still have 2 2006's that are brand new!!

Of course the idiots want 10k for the, :rofl:

I love love love my 08, I hope they make em forever or until my old ass can't swing a leg over them anymore. :thumbsup:

Suzuki's dealers buying bikes at auctions? I have a hard time believing that story from the dealer. That's new and could be true but sounds like a crock. I believe the slow economy, dealer overstock and lack of demand is the reason for the non release of the 2010 on a large scale. The release of the 2010 in Hawaii says something that the dealer can't move the inventory on hand. Just my .02 cents.

Suzuki's dealers buying bikes at auctions? I have a hard time believing that story from the dealer. That's new and could be true but sounds like a crock. I believe the slow economy, dealer overstock and lack of demand is the reason for the non release of the 2010 on a large scale. The release of the 2010 in Hawaii says something that the dealer can't move the inventory on hand. Just my .02 cents.

The dealer in Honolulu told me that they've been able to get 2010's because they don't buy from American Suzuki. He said that their bikes come straight from Japan since they're already halfway across the Pacific.

Be happy they are still out there, they didn't change one bit from Gen 2 so what is the big deal? Buy an 08 or 09, hell I was in 2 dealerships locally and they still have 2 2006's that are brand new!!

Of course the idiots want 10k for the, :rofl:

I love love love my 08, I hope they make em forever or until my old ass can't swing a leg over them anymore. :thumbsup:

Then you can always have someone pick you up and set you down on the bike!

why is it a big deal anyway? 09 is the same as a 10......

everyone gripes about BNG then they cant get it and its ridiculous:whistle:

id rather take a deal on a used 9 or even and 8 than buy msrp for a 10...

and for honda, hows that flagship cbr1000 selling for 7.2k working out

Dealerships around here said they didn't make any 2010 Hayabusa's at all. Not just the US none were made. I knew better but for arguments sake I just said oh that sucks.

Back