Another dealer's explanation for no 2010s.....

My dealer said Suzuki told him they were afraid they wouldnt sell any 2010's with so many older models sitting on the sales floor. Since they didnt release a 2010 here I can GUARANTEE Suzuki they wont sell any 2010's here.

the 2010's DID make it to the US (though not every state got it): https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...5772-my-2010-09-joy-pride-long-gone-07-a.html

175871d1265516900-my-2010-09-joy-pride-long-gone-07-board-1.jpg

I DON'T EVEN HAVE TO POST MY OWN BIKE...yOU GUYS ARE FAST

:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::beerchug:

So i did get a 10 as a gift from my wife, and let me tell you it's not the same as a father now, after 6 weeks with the darn thing in the garage (collecting dust) i manage to ride for a grand total of 140 miles in 6 weeks. o well, i guess i will eventually ride it form time to time

I don't see why the decision of Suzuki America not bringing in additional '10 into the US is a bad idea.

I think it's a bold and good business decision of not forcing their dealers to take on additional unwanted inventory. When dealers are having trouble selling a '08 model, and Q1 of '10 is almost over...well, that gives you an idea of the economy and health of the industry.

2010 really has nothing to offer except for color changes. If you are hell-bent on one though, you will need to go to a heavy-volume Suzuki dealer and see if their purchasing manager can obtain one for you. But it ain't gonna be cheap.

Just FYI....Suzuki America and Suzuki Japan are run as completely separate entities. Japan designs and manufactures them, Suzuki America buys them, then sells them to dealer and distributors.

Hey give the guys a break, they missed bankruptcy by a hair. They lost 20% or so of the company to VW, which I am sure is no fun. Let them catch their breath and see if get back to the motorcycle business, or what.

That's my point...they have their head up their :moon: They are the ONLY
motorcycle company (other than buell, who did) to run their company
SO BADLY..."they missed bankruptcy by a hair".
(and you think they should get a break for that :banghead:)
2009 shouldn't have snuck up on ANYBODY...unless your head is...well.

Again....SO Badly, you can't even get a 2010 model. IT LOOKS WEAK!

The fact that the 2010 is the same as a 2009 except for graphics IS NOT THE POINT. :banghead:
I mean heaven forbid we even get a new model or two (like every other mfg)
or....UUUHhhhh....dare I say it...an actual update. (gasp)
The management of Suzuki are...IDIOTS. (notice I don't just specify
Suzuki America ???, but they do excell at it)

You guys missed it...go ahead drink the kool-aid. All is wonderful, Suzuki
doesn't have any 2010 (except the 3 that have been posted...whatever)
because they are better and smarter than ALLLL the other mfgs. :banghead:

I read an article in Motorcyclist today....talked about this same issue. It said
"repeated requests for an update on Suzuki's plans went ignored."
Now you may think they are just being shrewd and not tipping their hand :rofl:
but I don't think they have any plans :rofl: "yo tedo dedo dedo....duh...what".

I love the comment on how AWESOME the 2009 is they didn't feel the need
to bring in a 2010...uh yeah o.k. (could there possible be anymore backward
thinking?) That's why they sold so well and there are so many left over.
Funny you can get a 2010 ZX-14 (or a new redesigned KS1300, or S1000RR)...hmmm.
Maybe if they did a REAL GEN II update (like I've been saying forever) people who bought
the 14s woulda been motivated to buy Busa instead and take their market share
and Suzuki might not be in the shape it's in....hmmmm ??? Maybe making the
best motorcycle possible (within reason of course) would translate into more
sales instead of trying to shortcut and cheapen updates (like using the same
frame, engine case, etc...) just to save money.....hmmmmm ???(that's why I
don't leave out Suzuki Corp across the ocean in my IDIOTS comment)

No it can't be...pass the kool-aid, anything with an "S" on it is golden and
we should be privaliged just to be in the same room with it...all 3...of last years models....KaaaRiipes.

Last edited:
I don't see why the decision of Suzuki America not bringing in additional '10 into the US is a bad idea.

I think it's a bold and good business decision of not forcing their dealers to take on additional unwanted inventory. When dealers are having trouble selling a '08 model, and Q1 of '10 is almost over...well, that gives you an idea of the economy and health of the industry.

2010 really has nothing to offer except for color changes. If you are hell-bent on one though, you will need to go to a heavy-volume Suzuki dealer and see if their purchasing manager can obtain one for you. But it ain't gonna be cheap.

Just FYI....Suzuki America and Suzuki Japan are run as completely separate entities. Japan designs and manufactures them, Suzuki America buys them, then sells them to dealer and distributors.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

BOLD AND GOOD :rofl::rofl:

How about they screwed up royally already and have little choice....

BOLD :rofl::rofl::rofl: O.M.G.

You can't solely blame the Economy....they are the ONLY MFGS doing it.

BTW-Only mfg to NOT show up for bikeweek...the ONLY one. Weak I'm telling ya
WEAK.

Last edited:
They make a lot more money than I do so I have a hard time passing judgment on their business plan. Besides, how many of you guys bashing Suzuki actually planned on buying a '10?

2010 is not the first year manufacture(s) have skipped a model year.

I'm sure t's a disappointment to Suzuki (on a business level), but we all do what we must to self-preserve.

By doing this simple, very understandable and tolerable act (skipping the model-year), they ensure that people like us can buy 'busas for many years to come.

Thanks, Suzuki! :beerchug:

I'm not too sure what the big issue is here. Their dealers have too much stock evidently so there is little point in sending them more. As a consumer you have a choice. You can take your hard earned money and spend it elsewhere. If you feel so strongly about this issue then go buy a 2010 model from Kawi or Honda or Yamaha or BMW or Aprilia or Ducati or one of the many other manufacturers who would love to have your money. It's up to you. I am very happy with my 2005 so I don't really have any reason to complain or be concerned. I'll stick with Suzuki.

That's my point...they have their head up their :moon: They are the ONLY
motorcycle company (other than buell, who did) to run their company
SO BADLY..."they missed bankruptcy by a hair".
(and you think they should get a break for that :banghead:)
2009 shouldn't have snuck up on ANYBODY...unless your head is...well.

Again....SO Badly, you can't even get a 2010 model. IT LOOKS WEAK!

The fact that the 2010 is the same as a 2009 except for graphics IS NOT THE POINT. :banghead:
I mean heaven forbid we even get a new model or two (like every other mfg)
or....UUUHhhhh....dare I say it...an actual update. (gasp)
The management of Suzuki are...IDIOTS. (notice I don't just specify
Suzuki America ???, but they do excell at it)

You guys missed it...go ahead drink the kool-aid. All is wonderful, Suzuki
doesn't have any 2010 (except the 3 that have been posted...whatever)
because they are better and smarter than ALLLL the other mfgs. :banghead:

I read an article in Motorcyclist today....talked about this same issue. It said
"repeated requests for an update on Suzuki's plans went ignored."
Now you may think they are just being shrewd and not tipping their hand :rofl:
but I don't think they have any plans :rofl: "yo tedo dedo dedo....duh...what".

I love the comment on how AWESOME the 2009 is they didn't feel the need
to bring in a 2010...uh yeah o.k. (could there possible be anymore backward
thinking?) That's why they sold so well and there are so many left over.
Funny you can get a 2010 ZX-14 (or a new redesigned KS1300, or S1000RR)...hmmm.
Maybe if they did a REAL GEN II update (like I've been saying forever) people who bought
the 14s woulda been motivated to buy Busa instead and take their market share
and Suzuki might not be in the shape it's in....hmmmm ??? Maybe making the
best motorcycle possible (within reason of course) would translate into more
sales instead of trying to shortcut and cheapen updates (like using the same
frame, engine case, etc...) just to save money.....hmmmmm ???(that's why I
don't leave out Suzuki Corp across the ocean in my IDIOTS comment)

No it can't be...pass the kool-aid, anything with an "S" on it is golden and
we should be privaliged just to be in the same room with it...all 3...of last years models....KaaaRiipes.

If almost all of the '09s were manufactured before sept. of 08 I don't understand most of your criticism of Suzuki. If you go look at when your bike was manufactured it would more than likely be towards the end of the previous year. So say the economy went sour at the end of october '08 they had already produced a decent amount of '09 model year bikes, if they stopped production right then they would still have an overabundance of '09s. This is only my opinion, but I am trying to see your side. They should not have missed the bike week, especially for the advertising at least, but they are the ones with the final decision.

I finally got to ride my 08 Blue/Gold on Sat. Went to dealership to buy the 5 year extended warranty and the girl there told me they did not make any 10's also. I got my 08 new in march 09 for 10,385 otd. Great deal for an amazing bike... I caught myself just looking at it for 10 mins sat night as i put it away for the day... big difference from my 02 Katana 600 I had....

If almost all of the '09s were manufactured before sept. of 08 I don't understand most of your criticism of Suzuki. If you go look at when your bike was manufactured it would more than likely be towards the end of the previous year. So say the economy went sour at the end of october '08 they had already produced a decent amount of '09 model year bikes, if they stopped production right then they would still have an overabundance of '09s. This is only my opinion, but I am trying to see your side. They should not have missed the bike week, especially for the advertising at least, but they are the ones with the final decision.

That's a good point.

I haven't been to the forum in a while. I currently don't even have a bike, but DO plan on buying a '10 model of something. I had been checking the various websites and noticed Suzuki Canada shows '10 models, but USA doesn't. I was surprised to read that Buell is dead (bad choice for future sales to a younger demographic, Harley) and now Suzuki is on the ropes. It was pointed out that I could buy a new '08 or '09 and be happy with the savings. Sure, and I might as well pick up a Buell and a Hummer while I'm at it. Basically, I want to know the company is going to be there for me X years down the road and I don't have that confidence with a company that may not even return to this market. You can take their word for it they will be back, but personally, I will spend my $$$ elsewhere.

Basically, I want to know the company is going to be there for me X years down the road and I don't have that confidence with a company that may not even return to this market. You can take their word for it they will be back, but personally, I will spend my $$$ elsewhere.

Buell had been on the ropes for years so lets not compare their situation with Suzuki. If you want a company to be around for you then support them by buying their product. If these indicators make you quesy (sp?) then I can assume you haven't bought a GM, Ford or Chrysler in the past 10 years? Buy the bike you want and don't worry about things that might or might not happen some time in the future that you have little control over.

Can't argue with this kind of logic.

2010 is not the first year manufacture(s) have skipped a model year.

I'm sure t's a disappointment to Suzuki (on a business level), but we all do what we must to self-preserve.

By doing this simple, very understandable and tolerable act (skipping the model-year), they ensure that people like us can buy 'busas for many years to come.

Thanks, Suzuki! :beerchug:

Back