Another dealer's explanation for no 2010s.....

:banghead::banghead:...ask yourself...WHY....WHY...WHY
WHY do the dealers not "need the new inventory"?
Did zuk overload them in 2009?
Did the 2009 economic forcast catch them napping?
Do they not know what they are doing?
Maybe the vaunted "GEN II" warmover didn't capture enough of the market share?
(maybe they should have tried a real update ???)

Why are they the ONLY (get it) the ONLY company to fall into this debacle?
You really think it's cause they are smarter than everyone else?
OR did they get caught with their pants down and have no other choice?

What is this "Solid Plan" you speak of...did you forsee it in the bottom of the
glass from the kool-aid leaves? Tell me, what is it and what is your source.

If you think it's about bold new graphics you have completly missed this concept,
it's about how poorly the company is being run (no 2010s is a SYMPTOM) and which is WHY it is in jeapordy
AS EVIDENT BY NO NEW MODELS. (of which all the other "dumb" mfgs. are
business as usuall with not only bold new graphics BUT WHOLE NEW DESINGED
MOTORCYCLES.)

Your also assuming Suzuki will return to bussiness as usual in the U.S. eventually...nothing is certain.

Let me tell you EXACTY what Suzuki U.S.A's managment stragedy is...to hunker
down with puckered butts and hope like hell Suzuki Japan doesn't wipe the whole
floor with them ALL and clean house...mark my words.

You guys and your kool-aid....I love my Busa and Suzuki as much as anyone...
but don't make excuses for failure, and that's all this is PERIOD.

Wow your super misguided. Where do I get my information, good question...how about working for one of the top 5 dealers in the US for parts for all four of the major brands...yeah I'm that guy sold over 500k in parts last year myself and I am just a little ant in this huge pile. I think its fair to say I know more then most people that just look at buying bikes every couple years.

Moving right along, it has been explained by another member but your reading skills leave a bit to be desired. Most 09's were not made in 09 ::gasp:: you say! Its true turns out it actually takes time to transport bikes from Japan to the US who would have thunk it right?!?

There is another member in this thread with pictures of his 2010, kinda throws huge a stick in the front wheel of your argument don't you think?? 2010's are coming late summer, until then dealers will be offering deals to get left over models off the show room. In case you actually have been living under a rock every manufacture has new old stock on showroom floors, Suzuki is just holding back from making a bad situation worse.

Suzuki also makes cars and being little guy on the block with a semi new car line it calls for smarter long term thinking.

Last edited:
Also, the other incorrect statement is that no one else is doing this except Suzuki. No one else is doing it on the scale of Suzuki, but Yamaha has cut back on the number of bikes shipped to the states and there will be NO 2010's of certain models. The V-Max comes to mind as just one of the bikes they cut from the U.S. lineup.

OK - who wants the soap box next?

All that sounded very good until you got to that point of your business explanation.

There are alot of guys who are gonna feel really lucky to have gotten their 2010 VMax's..... if Star/Yamaha cut that model. They still list it as a 2010 model on their website too.

Just saying....NO Star/Yamaha has been cut.

Motorcycle, new motorcycles, cruiser, custom motorcycles

Wow your super misguided. Where do I get my information, good question...how about working for one of the top 5 dealers in the US for parts for all four of the major brands...yeah I'm that guy sold over 500k in parts last year myself and I am just a little ant in this huge pile. I think its fair to say I know more then most people that just look at buying bikes every couple years.

Moving right along, it has been explained by another member but your reading skills leave a bit to be desired. Most 09's were not made in 09 ::gasp:: you say! Its true turns out it actually takes time to transport bikes from Japan to the US who would have thunk it right?!?

There is another member in this thread with pictures of his 2010, kinda throws huge a stick in the front wheel of your argument don't you think?? 2010's are coming late summer, until then dealers will be offering deals to get left over models off the show room. In case you actually have been living under a rock every manufacture has new old stock on showroom floors, Suzuki is just holding back from making a bad situation worse.

Suzuki also makes cars and being little guy on the block with a semi new car line it calls for smarter long term thinking.

Oh forgive me...nobody knows more about the inner workings of Suzuki managment
then the parts guy...Wow...I forgot your harvard business degree...???
Been in business for quite a while and can read the signs, lord knows though I don't have
the inside track like the parts guy or the spin a dealer might be putting on it ???

Moving right along, yeah I get the whole when bikes were made thing...I
acknowledged it was a good point, (my reading skills are fine, maybe you should look
again) however...I guess Yamaha, Kawasaki, Honda, triumph, ducati...yada yada yada
all must make their bikes instantly and not ahead of time like Suzuki
(they must have instant grits :laugh:) Suzuki must be on a different time frame as
EVERY OTHER MFG SEEMS TO HAVE HANDLED IT...hmmm. ???
"Suzuki is holding back from making a bad situation worse"
AGAIN ASK WHY...their situation is WORSE than EVERYBODY elses.

Like I said already, I acknowledged a select few got a 2010...very few.
I guess we should be gratefull to get the 2010s when the rest of the
pack are almost getting 2011...oh thank you great Suzuki, we are not worthy....
(I'll believe it when I see it)

"Suzuki also makes cars" (not very good ones either)....Hmmm, so does honda.
Yet we have a new VFR, Dn-01, Shadow, etc etc...
I hardly ever see any Suzuki cars, I'd have to see the actual number on them
but I suspect it hasn't been a huge money maker. That might be the division to
dump. Maybe we should ask the parts guy...

I'll say it again...they look weak. Only mfg to no show at bikeweek :whistle:
Of course when you see Suzuki's organizational skill in running the demos at
bikeweek, they just saved themselves some embarrassment.

Last edited:
Suzuki made the hayabusa from 1999-2007 relatively unchanged. For 2010 there were no plans of major changes, this was known in 2009. All that being said what card were you honestly expecting to see played? Tons of new models? Mid production changes? Pumping out more units? Do any of those sound like they make any sense?

*I'm far from saying I am the head of Suzuki or anything like that, just saying I feel like I would hear if Suzuki was crumbling like you think they are.

Last edited:
Actually Suzuki does make pretty good cars and their newest model, the Kizashi, has been getting rave reviews from autojournalists around the world.

I'm not sure what all this anger and hate is all about. They are tightening their belts on the 2010 model year.....so what? The local dealers I go to on a regular basis have lots of previous year models on the floors and that includes Honda, Kawi and Ducati. Big discounts too. Maybe these manufacturers should have done what Suzuki did?

BTW, I absolutely agree. Coming on to a Suzuki site as a noob and posting up negative comments about the manufacturer generally produces feedback. That shouldn't be too surprising.

Yes some progress towards some new models would be nice, maybe a
consours busa version...maybe something totally innovative for a change.

Kawasaki took the concours (best sport tourer in the market) and yes
made changes to make it better still AND brought out an all new Z1000(which rocks).
Last year brought out 3 new bikes in the Voyager series.

Honda brings out the DN-01 and the new VFR (both very innovative) with tons
of R&D. Suzuki didn't spend a quarter of the R&D on the once a deacade Gen II busa warmover
(they don't care about making the best motorcycle, they care about money).

You have got to realize, especially working for a dealer, that in business the
mfg is going to tell you all is great, etc. etc. to build dealer/customer confidence
there is no way they are going to say, "we screwed up, we don't know what we
are doing."
So forget what they say and what you hear...what do YOU SEE. WHAT DO YOU SEE.

I see out of all the mfgs in Japan, Italy, England, Germany, and the United States
1, ONE, UNO, has skipped 2010. It ain't cause they are smarter than everybody else...
let alone, God forbid...something new, exciting, and innovative...or a REAL UPDATE.

Lastly, business is fluid. They may say you'll get 2010 models in late summer now,
but will, may, and can change at the drop of a hat. Depends on how many 2010s
they have left over from the rest of the world. Either way, at that point it's irrelevant
they've already looked weak.

I'm not saying Suzuki is closing it's doors...I'm just saying they take the short bus
to work.

Last edited:
Back