Another dealer's explanation for no 2010s.....

Buell had been on the ropes for years so lets not compare their situation with Suzuki. If you want a company to be around for you then support them by buying their product. If these indicators make you quesy (sp?) then I can assume you haven't bought a GM, Ford or Chrysler in the past 10 years? Buy the bike you want and don't worry about things that might or might not happen some time in the future that you have little control over.

Really, the situations are not that far apart. Buell is gone because they weren't profitable and Harley has excess inventory sitting on showroom floors. Suzuki is not in the U.S. market for 2010 because they are in trouble financially and they have excess inventory sitting on showroom floors. I do intend to buy the bike I feel comfortable with. Thank you for your concern. (That was the point of my post.) By the way, I have bought 3 Fords in the last 10 years. You will also notice Ford never took a bailout or filed bankruptcy. They also have gained market share. I guess I know how to pick 'em.

rick,
Like you, I also bought 3 Fords in the last 10 years: '01 Mustang vert (V6), '01 F-150 (Harley edition) and another '01 F-150 (Lightning) :beerchug:

Really, the situations are not that far apart. Buell is gone because they weren't profitable and Harley has excess inventory sitting on showroom floors. Suzuki is not in the U.S. market for 2010 because they are in trouble financially and they have excess inventory sitting on showroom floors. I do intend to buy the bike I feel comfortable with. Thank you for your concern. (That was the point of my post.) By the way, I have bought 3 Fords in the last 10 years. You will also notice Ford never took a bailout or filed bankruptcy. They also have gained market share. I guess I know how to pick 'em.

Ford did take a bailout in Canada so you might want to recheck your info for the US. Buell is a company that produced bikes that nobody wanted and that was the case over the companies history. HD finally pulled the plug on a comatose patient. Suzuki is a very large corporation with a lot of product in a lot of different areas so they are much better equipped to survive an economic downturn like this one. My point was that you shouldn't be looking at the financial pages of your newspaper when deciding what motorcycle to buy.....support the company that gives you the product you want and that makes you happy.

Im planning to purchase a new liter bike 2010 I'm holding out until the end of april if nothing comes through from suzuki by then, Im pulling the trigger on a new R1. Im hold out until April because special financing ends April 30.. 1.99%

Ford did take a bailout in Canada so you might want to recheck your info for the US. Buell is a company that produced bikes that nobody wanted and that was the case over the companies history. HD finally pulled the plug on a comatose patient. Suzuki is a very large corporation with a lot of product in a lot of different areas so they are much better equipped to survive an economic downturn like this one. My point was that you shouldn't be looking at the financial pages of your newspaper when deciding what motorcycle to buy.....support the company that gives you the product you want and that makes you happy.

My original point (for the second time) was that I will buy the bike that I feel most comfortable with. Thank you for again pointing that out. The result of Suzuki bailing on the American market is that they will lose a sale to me. If you read other posts on this Suzuki-specific forum, you will see I am not alone. You seem really hung up on convincing me of what I am doing wrong in making that decision. I didn't say Suzuki will go under, but simply that they may not return. Maybe. I don't want to buy a Harley product because they killed a division I happened to like. Similarly, I don't want to buy a Suzuki if they have determined they can afford to ship nothing to America this year. I don't even see a posting on the company's website stating what is happening. Do they just hope it will all be forgotten next year? If and when they are purchased by VW, I may be back in the showroom. Until then, buy two Suzukis to make up for my choice.

My original point (for the second time) was that I will buy the bike that I feel most comfortable with. Thank you for again pointing that out. The result of Suzuki bailing on the American market is that they will lose a sale to me. If you read other posts on this Suzuki-specific forum, you will see I am not alone. You seem really hung up on convincing me of what I am doing wrong in making that decision. I didn't say Suzuki will go under, but simply that they may not return. Maybe. I don't want to buy a Harley product because they killed a division I happened to like. Similarly, I don't want to buy a Suzuki if they have determined they can afford to ship nothing to America this year. I don't even see a posting on the company's website stating what is happening. Do they just hope it will all be forgotten next year? If and when they are purchased by VW, I may be back in the showroom. Until then, buy two Suzukis to make up for my choice.

Whatever. Do what you want. I'm just giving my opinion as I thought thats why you were posting on this forum.

Wow, I thought I was just posting my opinion, too. Unfortunately, someone couldn't let go of the fact I had one. At least I now have your permission to do what I want...

Wow, I thought I was just posting my opinion, too. Unfortunately, someone couldn't let go of the fact I had one. At least I now have your permission to do what I want...

Here's an idea. Go to a Kawasaki forum and whine about Suzuki.:thumbsup:

Probably the biggest error here is the continued statements that Buell wasn't profitable. Buell was indeed turning a profit. (I know. At this point all H_D haters have closed their ears and eyes and have stopped reading comprehension.)

Buell was shut down because H_D deemed the return on investment to be too low. Picture the board at H_D viewing tough times. They're making $0.13 on every dollar invested in Harley Davidson products (jackets, fringe and bikes) and $0.08 on every dollar invested in Buell. They decided they wanted $0.13 on EVERY dollar so thus they kill Buell and sell off MV Agusta. Go back and check the financials before making incorrect blanket statements. It tells the world how much we should trust your knowledge and your facts, in the future. Saying Buell was not profitable is an incorrect statement. Not profitable enough for H-D to keep them and not profitable are not the same. It's like saying Suzuki never won a Superbike title. "Well, they may have won one, but not on a JR50."

New riders won't remember the early eighties, but us old folks do. In 1981, '82, '83, the market was flooded with bikes. Liter bikes like Suzuki's GS1100 languished on the sales floors and could be bought as left overs in 1984 for a little over dealer cost. Suzuki doesn't want to do that again.

Also, the other incorrect statement is that no one else is doing this except Suzuki. No one else is doing it on the scale of Suzuki, but Yamaha has cut back on the number of bikes shipped to the states and there will be NO 2010's of certain models. The V-Max comes to mind as just one of the bikes they cut from the U.S. lineup.

Everyone is hurting and the bean counters remember what happened in the early eighties. They couldn't move bikes and dealers were flooded with so much overstock, they couldn't sell the '84 models when the economy turned since they had piles of lower tech bikes filling the floors. The number of bikes coming in from all the manufacturer's is reduced. Suzuki is a tiny bike manufacturer compared to the others, so it has to make the biggest cuts to stay alive. H_D killed Buell because they believe they can make more money that way. Suzuki is killing US shipments and sold 20% of their stock to VW. OMG! Businessmen are doing - dare I say - BUSINESS! Well, that's how it works.

If it doesn't make a lot of sense to you, sign up for night school and take a few classes in business management and maybe a class in economics. Global economics in a recently updated course would be your best choice.

I bought an 08 and don't plan to buy something new until 2012, so it really doesn't affect me - unless of course my local dealer goes out of business because they were forced to buy bikes they can't sell. A friend closed his shop last year because he couldn't handle the bikes Ducati and Kawasaki were shoving down his throat. I really don't want to see that happen all over the place. Only the greedy dealers will survive and the mom and pop enthusiast shops will be killed.

OK - who wants the soap box next?

Buell had been on the ropes for years so lets not compare their situation with Suzuki. If you want a company to be around for you then support them by buying their product. If these indicators make you quesy (sp?) then I can assume you haven't bought a GM, Ford or Chrysler in the past 10 years? Buy the bike you want and don't worry about things that might or might not happen some time in the future that you have little control over.

Never mind parts and service would be around for at least 7 years after the purchase. Is it more sound thinking of Suzuki to slam a floor plan down a the dealers throat that will hurt them? Suzuki has to take care of their network, its just that simple if the dealers keep going away Suzuki even more hurt.

I think its :laugh: how many people want to buy a '10 when there are so many good deals floating around. I imagine these are the folks that go to the counter at the store and say "Hey, I really like these but I was wondering do have any not on sale I really would rather spend more on what is practically the same thing. You see its just that I have more money then sense and I am really looking to balance that out..."

Last edited:
"Hey, I really like these but I was wondering do have any not on sale I really would rather spend more on what is practically the same thing. You see its just that I have more money then sense and I am really looking to balance that out..."

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Funny, the H-D guys told me to go buy a Kawasaki since I was upset they killed Buell. Maybe I should. Everyone seems threatened by them. I actually have had Suzukis in the past. However, a piss poor attitude by both camps, rather than allowing open dialogue, seems like someone is whining besides me. ("Don't bash on Harley/Suzuki. They are the greatest and can do no wrong.")

However, a piss poor attitude by both camps, rather than allowing open dialogue, seems like someone is whining besides me. ("Don't bash on Harley/Suzuki. They are the greatest and can do no wrong.")

Poor attitude? I guess I don't understand, Suzuki looked at all the dealers in the country and very simply said "You don't need the new inventory" Apparently most dealers agree. Suzuki has a solid plan in place that will put both the company and the dealer network in a better place down the road. If there were enough folks kicking doors down to get a hold of one I am sure you would find a different answer.

I didn't realize BNG could cause such an uproar. :whistle:

Poor attitude by riders on the forums. Not by the corporations.

I find it odd your shocked to find loyal Suzuki owners in a hayabusa board named hayabusa.org. I hope your not getting the wrong idea about a company just by hearing a few opinions of people who happen to ride that brand.

I just got back from my dealer in Germany, where I bought my bike this time last year. Was having 6,000KM service (@9000KM :( ) . He is a small family type guy. Himself and the wife run the shop. They employ a couple of service guys. Loads of posters in the shop from Suzuki for 2010. But there was very little in the way of 2010 stock there. Not a single GSXR, Busa, or B-King. Many bandits, Gladius, etc. A lot of new bikes in stock, but many more used. Was hard to find a space to even stand in the shop. I was at the Zurich motorbike show a couple of weeks ago. BMW had a big presence with the RR model. At Suzuki, they had Busa in 2010 colours. There was a prototype 'naked' GSXR1000. And many variations of B-King. Quite a big stand. But nothing much new. uk motorbike magazines indicate up to 25% increases prices for new bikes.. ! :rofl:

Poor attitude? I guess I don't understand, Suzuki looked at all the dealers in the country and very simply said "You don't need the new inventory" Apparently most dealers agree. Suzuki has a solid plan in place that will put both the company and the dealer network in a better place down the road. If there were enough folks kicking doors down to get a hold of one I am sure you would find a different answer.

I didn't realize BNG could cause such an uproar. :whistle:

:banghead::banghead:...ask yourself...WHY....WHY...WHY
WHY do the dealers not "need the new inventory"?
Did zuk overload them in 2009?
Did the 2009 economic forcast catch them napping?
Do they not know what they are doing?
Maybe the vaunted "GEN II" warmover didn't capture enough of the market share?
(maybe they should have tried a real update ???)

Why are they the ONLY (get it) the ONLY company to fall into this debacle?
You really think it's cause they are smarter than everyone else?
OR did they get caught with their pants down and have no other choice?

What is this "Solid Plan" you speak of...did you forsee it in the bottom of the
glass from the kool-aid leaves? Tell me, what is it and what is your source.

If you think it's about bold new graphics you have completly missed this concept,
it's about how poorly the company is being run (no 2010s is a SYMPTOM) and which is WHY it is in jeapordy
AS EVIDENT BY NO NEW MODELS. (of which all the other "dumb" mfgs. are
business as usuall with not only bold new graphics BUT WHOLE NEW DESINGED
MOTORCYCLES.)

Your also assuming Suzuki will return to bussiness as usual in the U.S. eventually...nothing is certain.

Let me tell you EXACTY what Suzuki U.S.A's managment stragedy is...to hunker
down with puckered butts and hope like hell Suzuki Japan doesn't wipe the whole
floor with them ALL and clean house...mark my words.

You guys and your kool-aid....I love my Busa and Suzuki as much as anyone...
but don't make excuses for failure, and that's all this is PERIOD.

Back