android owners post up!

hey ogre is who is that kernel from?...i added theme 24k gold on my phone. liking it so far.

HTC Desire is being sent back again for the 3rd time. They start to reboot randomly and usually when you need it the most. Apparently there is a known problem with the motherboard needing to be replaced and here in Aus they only replace it once it has been sent back for the 3rd time. It generally takes 2 weeks each time it is gone so you are effectively without a phone for 6 weeks. Great phone when they are working but I wouldn't recommend HTC after what I have been through.

i think that is a slayer kernel isnt it ogre? That sucks on the desire. really blows that they know its a problem but dont do anything about it for three times.

Nope, it's the jdflk. (Something like that) low voltage 1.266 ghz kernel on rom manager. The full speed setting is bad tho, locks the phone up. 1.1 ghz seems to be stable, but I run it at 1 gig and it's great. Battery life is much improved over the chevy kernel as well

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Amazon has droids for 1 cent with a new sign up and they waive activation.

I have the HTC Eris. I know old phone but I flashed it when verizon sent me an up date that was so buggy I had to reboot my phone if I wanted to use my camera.

As for warranty mine ran out a long time ago, and they don't make the Eris any more.

cyanogen mod 6. ver. 9

I graduated after 4 years of Palm Treo to the HTC Aria.
Love the device, but hate the fact that AT&T has it locked down!

I've read up on and downloaded SDK to root it, but still hesitant to start hackn.

I started using the voice to text option in the text messaging for my Droid x and I have to tell ya it gets it every time... I am impressed that it does such a great job, so far it has interpreted every word perfectly.. makes it easy to text fill sentences..

Thanks for posting that captain! It's been the only thing I've understood in this thread for two days! Haha. It's like geek talk in here!

Sent from my HTC EVO 4g using Tapatalk.

lolol....hang in there gsxr it gets easier to understand specially if you play around with it some. I agree cap i love the text to speech app. I can out text anyone now!!! It doesnt mess up to often but every now and then i get a text back something along the lines of " what the hell are you talkig about".lol. There are numerous root programs out there. Just be careful with which one you choose. Dont be afraid to ask questions on droid forums. Lot of smart people on there.

I'll second that. I watched my phone get rooted over a teamviewer session. Intense...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

i did all mine myself....now i have people who pay me to do thiers for them. i think i can root and instal a rom and kernel in roughly 10 min total now.

the rom and kernel are no problem, and i have adb tools, i just have no clue what i'm doing with it. i don't really understand the terminology, computers just aren't my thing. motors, yes, nitrous, yes, turbos, of course, but tell me to type in some programming nonsense and my brain turns to jell-o

the rom and kernel are no problem, and i have adb tools, i just have no clue what i'm doing with it. i don't really understand the terminology, computers just aren't my thing. motors, yes, nitrous, yes, turbos, of course, but tell me to type in some programming nonsense and my brain turns to jell-o

lol...i am the opposite....i get phones, computer, all elctronics, but man i tend to get lost on alot of the mechanical stuff on our babies:lol:

I love my rooted HTC Evo :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I use Evio 2 Rom with ADW launcher instead of the HTC and a mac theme. Anyone needs help rooting its so easy. I suggest going to unrevoked.com, they have roots for a lot of phones.

Evo2.png

Evo1.png

And what exactly will "rooting" do for my phone?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

And what exactly will "rooting" do for my phone?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

1) Allows you to take off unwanted programs that come stock on the phone that you cant uninstall without root.

2) Allows you to install new themes or a more efficient ROM. My evo will last 2 days under normal useage in a good signal area with my new ROM. Heavy internet and phone useage only a day.

3) You can add programs that can save battery such as SetCPU or any other programs that require root access to run.

4) You can fully customize your phone with root access in many was from basic to really advanced.

snapshot.png

Back