android owners post up!

Ah, thank you. I would probably mess up more than I could fix. :laugh:

If you have a geek friend nearby they could help you out. It is as simple as down loading a program or two and rebooting your phone. Just think of your computer when you first get it. It is full of bloat-ware (trial programs installed from the factory in an attempt to get you to buy them) that you have no interest in.

Rooting your phone allows you to remove that often unstable platform and get your phone to run better. If you have an HTC their "foot prints" and other programs would hog possessor time and battery.

If you have a geek friend nearby they could help you out. It is as simple as down loading a program or two and rebooting your phone. Just think of your computer when you first get it. It is full of bloat-ware (trial programs installed from the factory in an attempt to get you to buy them) that you have no interest in.

Rooting your phone allows you to remove that often unstable platform and get your phone to run better. If you have an HTC their "foot prints" and other programs would hog possessor time and battery.

It is quite easy.

1) Download and open program
2) Plug phone into computer
3) Click button to start program

All done phone rooted. Might be one more button to click but Unrevoked.com makes it so easy. Those guys are some awesome nerds :thumbsup:

My phone runs twice as fast and get alot more battery out of it.

Hmm, you make it sound easy. But there are a ton of aps runnin in the back ground. How do I know which ones I dont need?

I checked out the web site. They dont have one for the X. Only the HTC. We have Verizon, now I could do my wifes phone. And if I screw it up, can I reset to factory defaults?

I checked out the web site. They dont have one for the X. Only the HTC. We have Verizon, now I could do my wifes phone. And if I screw it up, can I reset to factory defaults?

Yes, Turn the phone off. And hold the volume down button while pressing the power on. You will come to a menu and through there you can create a backup of your system that will be saved on the SD card.

Wow for droid you can actually go on the Android market and download a program called Easy Root. One click root.... nice. Oh i forgot the coolest thing of having Root. You can use the WiFi tether free :thumbsup:

Easy Root app for Motorola Droid, Droid X makes root easy

Easy root has an option to unroot the phone. thats pretty cool

Last edited:
Ok, I have sucessfully moved the file to my phone, I am scared to hit install! :poke:

Well I hit install and I need a key, takes me to a paypal site, how much is this?

Well I hit install and I need a key, takes me to a paypal site, how much is this?

Used to be free. I guess you have to pay now. Not worth it as there are free ways to do it. Unrevoked is free. Too bad they dont have it for the Droid :-(

Well great, I some how deleted all my files on my sd card. Pictures and everything. I knew this was a bad idea.

Back