motorcycle security

djsin

Lily's Daddy
Registered
many of us have smart phones..whether it is an android, an Iphone or a blackberry..let me tell you a nice little story... I have an android phone it iis an LG Optimus...my roomate told me about this cool app called WHERES MY DROID..anyway if you lose your phone you can text it or email it and it will turn opn the phones gps and locate it for you and send you a reply with a link as to its exact location via google maps...if phone is traveling it will show you where at and at what speed it is traveling...well heres what happened...

my buddy left his phone plugged into his bike so it would charge...it was hidden under the seat..well guess what the bike was stolen...so I text his phone from mine and within 10 minutes we where able to tell the police exactly where the bike was..within an hour and a half he had his baby and his phone back..guy who took it is in jail

cool part is the app is free from android market...i believe the iPhone has something similar to this...

the technology will help many causes...and that is just one...atleast he got his bike back

Heh, and I thought it was only good for when my phone was stuck in the couch and I couldn't find it! Yeah, other ways to do the same thing have been around for ages, but this one doesn't add on another phone line and the worries about it getting wet. This one is FREE! Technology is something I really dig. Now, if the Busa could ever get ABS...

the coolest app i have is the "open my beer app...." from my couch all i do is hit the open my beer button and walla....nothing like seeing the mist from a cold beer...

I'd have really wanted to pay my bike a visit BEFORE the police got there.....

Back