And this guy has a say in how our country is run?

Well all of these examples are different. Biden is older but he is outperforming any modern president relative to getting his agenda passed. You can say it's his staff but everyone on the inside says he is a genius legislator, which is what you would expect from his long congressional career.

Mitch was one of the most formidable leaders in DC just 1 year ago. He fell and was injured (or maybe had a stroke). Look at it another way, Without Mitch, you would not have the right-winged Supreme Court we have today, and he did that after 60.

Barbara Boxer and RBG are the best examples of people just being old and staying past their usefulness.

Trump is another issue. Personally, I think he is well into dementia. Watch his body language and he is desperate and losing control, assuming he even ever had it.

The bottom line is you can't just make everyone quit at 60. That's no different than saying females can't do something or no Blacks (although many of you won't see that as a bad thing, haha). Older people have a valuable perspective, just like younger people do. The fact that older people keep these positions is not old people's fault. Young people need to step up, not prohibit their competition from playing the game.
I have truly heard it all now.
He defended Biden and said Trump is the one with dementia.
One can’t speak a sentence if it’s on the teleprompter in front of him
And one still holds rallies and speaks for more than an hour every time yet he’s the one with dementia.
You can’t make this up.

Well all of these examples are different. Biden is older but he is outperforming any modern president relative to getting his agenda passed. You can say it's his staff but everyone on the inside says he is a genius legislator, which is what you would expect from his long congressional career.

Mitch was one of the most formidable leaders in DC just 1 year ago. He fell and was injured (or maybe had a stroke). Look at it another way, Without Mitch, you would not have the right-winged Supreme Court we have today, and he did that after 60.

Barbara Boxer and RBG are the best examples of people just being old and staying past their usefulness.

Trump is another issue. Personally, I think he is well into dementia. Watch his body language and he is desperate and losing control, assuming he even ever had it.

The bottom line is you can't just make everyone quit at 60. That's no different than saying females can't do something or no Blacks (although many of you won't see that as a bad thing, haha). Older people have a valuable perspective, just like younger people do. The fact that older people keep these positions is not old people's fault. Young people need to step up, not prohibit their competition from playing the game.
When we are past our 60’s we have a lot of experience and we may be smarter than each year before.

But we lack the energy we had when younger while still learning life.

There was a time in my career where I put in 14 hours 7 days a week, or more if needed. Maybe lucky to spend a few days every 5 weeks in town.

I would expect no less from anyone who has the most important job in the world, but I won’t expect that from anyone over 60.

About Biden, most people, even Democrats will absolutely disagree with you. In fact, if you travel on a global basis, folks abroad are laughing at us.

When we are past our 60’s we have a lot of experience and we may be smarter than each year before.

There was a time in my career where I put in 14 hours 7 days a week, or more if needed. Maybe lucky to spend a few days every 5 weeks in town.

I would expect no less from anyone who has the most important job in the world, but I won’t expect that from anyone over 60.

About Biden, most people, even Democrats will absolutely disagree with you. In fact, if you travel on a global basis, folks abroad are laughing at us.
Hi. I will be 75 next year. I also put in 18 hr days and got back home 2 to 3 times a year for 27 years. I can still put in 18 hr days if I have too.

I have truly heard it all now.
He defended Biden and said Trump is the one with dementia.
One can’t speak a sentence if it’s on the teleprompter in front of him
And one still holds rallies and speaks for more than an hour every time yet he’s the one with dementia.
You can’t make this up.
Problem his rallies are the lying rant of a madman. You can't understand that? Maybe the dementia is creeping in on you too?

As for people abroad laughing at us, that's clearly not true. In fact, they can't believe a habitual criminal like Trump still has a chance to lead the country.

I work 8-9 hours a day, come home to eat, work out, and walk dogs, then usually work another 3-4 hours. I hit the sack around 12 and get up at 5:30 AM to do it all again. I also work at least 1 day on the weekends for 5-8 hours. My younger coworkers work 7.5 hours a day 4 to 5 days a week. Of course when the client sees our awesome concepts we have to say "we" because young people are collaborative.

It's all B.S. friend. The people who succeed are still the hardest, smartest workers. At my firm, they have a group called the Ministry of Fun that thinks up fun things to do other than work (of course the company pays them while they are doing those fun things). My job was fun until we got a generation who thinks old people owe them something and they reject struggling to compete with the competition.

Biden is out performing any modern president? The guy was / is a scammer from the start and basically said in subtle and not so subtle ways that he was for sale decades ago. After 2 brain anurisms in his past its amazing to see he is still upright. Rarely seen before 10 am and not much after 4 pm and taking days off to vacation like no other president in recent history... all those " lids" Biden is a part timer at best.

White House calls early 'lid' as pressure grows on Biden over border ...

The White House called a "lid" at 1:13 p.m. on Monday, signaling President Biden was not due to make any public appearances during the rest of the day despite growing questions about the...
  1. politicaldictionary.com.png
    https://politicaldictionary.com › words › lid

lid - Political Dictionary

A presidential campaign can also call a lid when their candidate does not plan any more public events or appearances for the rest of the day. Use of "lid" in a sentence: Despite the unfolding international crisis, the White House called a "lid" at noon, indicating that no further public statements would be issued for the rest of the day.
  2. www.politico.com.png
    https://www.politico.com › news › 2020 › 09 › 25 › biden-campaign-lid-trump-421824

When Biden calls a 'lid,' Democrats wet the bed - POLITICO

Sep 25, 202009/25/2020 05:38 PM EDT If calling a "lid" enters the mainstream American lexicon, this will be the week it all started. Joe Biden called a lid — the arcane term reporters use when a politician...
  3. townhall.com.png
    https://townhall.com › tipsheet › katiepavlich › 2021 › 08 › 09 › biden-calls-an-early-lid-before-noon-on-a-monday-n2593822

Biden Calls an Early Lid. Before Noon on a Monday. - Townhall

Aug 9, 2021Tipsheet Biden Calls an Early Lid. Before Noon on a Monday. Katie Pavlich | August 09, 2021 12:15 PM (AP Photo/Evan Vucci) President Joe Biden is at his home in Wilmington, Delaware today....
  4. hannity.com.png
    https://hannity.com › media-room › call-it-a-day-white-house-calls-press-lid-at-113pm-rest-of-bidens-day-closed-to-media

CALL IT A DAY? White House Calls Press 'Lid' at 1:13PM, Rest of Biden's ...

The White House called a press "lid" at 1:13PM Monday afternoon; meaning the President would no longer be holding public events or speaking with members of the media. Advertisement The White House has called a lid as of about 1:15pm on this Monday. That means there are no planned events for the presid

As for people abroad laughing at us, that's clearly not true. In fact, they can't believe a habitual criminal like Trump still has a chance to lead the country.

I work 8-9 hours a day, come home to eat, work out, and walk dogs, then usually work another 3-4 hours. I hit the sack around 12 and get up at 5:30 AM to do it all again. I also work at least 1 day on the weekends for 5-8 hours. My younger coworkers work 7.5 hours a day 4 to 5 days a week. Of course when the client sees our awesome concepts we have to say "we" because young people are collaborative.

It's all B.S. friend. The people who succeed are still the hardest, smartest workers. At my firm, they have a group called the Ministry of Fun that thinks up fun things to do other than work (of course the company pays them while they are doing those fun things). My job was fun until we got a generation who thinks old people owe them something and they reject struggling to compete with the competition.
It’s a sad situation, one is an invalid and the other is a moron.

Hopefully 2024 brings better times.

Time to slow down Arch, enjoy the fruit of your labor for the remaining years. You deserve it.

Biden is out performing any modern president? The guy was / is a scammer from the start and basically said in subtle and not so subtle ways that he was for sale decades ago. After 2 brain anurisms in his past its amazing to see he is still upright. Rarely seen before 10 am and not much after 4 pm and taking days off to vacation like no other president in recent history... all those " lids" Biden is a part timer at best.
White House calls early 'lid' as pressure grows on Biden over border ...
The White House called a "lid" at 1:13 p.m. on Monday, signaling President Biden was not due to make any public appearances during the rest of the day despite growing questions about the...

1. View attachment 1670246https://politicaldictionary.com › words › lid

lid - Political Dictionary

A presidential campaign can also call a lid when their candidate does not plan any more public events or appearances for the rest of the day. Use of "lid" in a sentence: Despite the unfolding international crisis, the White House called a "lid" at noon, indicating that no further public statements would be issued for the rest of the day.
  2. View attachment 1670247https://www.politico.com › news › 2020 › 09 › 25 › biden-campaign-lid-trump-421824

When Biden calls a 'lid,' Democrats wet the bed - POLITICO

Sep 25, 202009/25/2020 05:38 PM EDT If calling a "lid" enters the mainstream American lexicon, this will be the week it all started. Joe Biden called a lid — the arcane term reporters use when a politician...
  3. View attachment 1670248https://townhall.com › tipsheet › katiepavlich › 2021 › 08 › 09 › biden-calls-an-early-lid-before-noon-on-a-monday-n2593822

Biden Calls an Early Lid. Before Noon on a Monday. - Townhall

Aug 9, 2021Tipsheet Biden Calls an Early Lid. Before Noon on a Monday. Katie Pavlich | August 09, 2021 12:15 PM (AP Photo/Evan Vucci) President Joe Biden is at his home in Wilmington, Delaware today....
  4. View attachment 1670249https://hannity.com › media-room › call-it-a-day-white-house-calls-press-lid-at-113pm-rest-of-bidens-day-closed-to-media

CALL IT A DAY? White House Calls Press 'Lid' at 1:13PM, Rest of Biden's ...

The White House called a press "lid" at 1:13PM Monday afternoon; meaning the President would no longer be holding public events or speaking with members of the media. Advertisement The White House has called a lid as of about 1:15pm on this Monday. That means there are no planned events for the presid
Hi. Zerks. Biden is the best ever. He has beating inflation [ if you do not count the cost of anything that went up in price. ] He also has created more jobs [ OH thoes were the jobs that people went back to work from covid. So he is realy the best.

It’s a sad situation, one is an invalid and the other is a moron.

Hopefully 2024 brings better times.

Time to slow down Arch, enjoy the fruit of your labor for the remaining years. You deserve it.
I hear you @jellyrug ! I read your posts about retirement and how you don't have the drive anymore. I definitely feel that from a corporate business standpoint. But the most productive time for most architects is from age 60 to retirement (or death frankly). And I'm definitely feeling that. Experience is having been through a situation before, wisdom is having learned how to approach a problem or situation to get the best results efficiently. It takes years to season a human being so they are free of what I call the "me influences" in their decision-making (money/greed, power for power's sake, validation, ego, hormones, etc.) Once you get past those influences you become more objective, and hence a superior problem solver.

Obviously, not everyone grows in wisdom as they age. Things like health and degradation of the mind can set in to rob a person of this most quiet, productive place in life. But just cutting this off at 60 is not the right approach.

I hear you @jellyrug ! I read your posts about retirement and how you don't have the drive anymore. I definitely feel that from a corporate business standpoint. But the most productive time for most architects is from age 60 to retirement (or death frankly). And I'm definitely feeling that. Experience is having been through a situation before, wisdom is having learned how to approach a problem or situation to get the best results efficiently. It takes years to season a human being so they are free of what I call the "me influences" in their decision-making (money/greed, power for power's sake, validation, ego, hormones, etc.) Once you get past those influences you become more objective, and hence a superior problem solver.

Obviously, not everyone grows in wisdom as they age. Things like health and degradation of the mind can set in to rob a person of this most quiet, productive place in life. But just cutting this off at 60 is not the right approach.
One of my best friends, is an Architect. He had his own business, a staff of around thirty in the office. At one time he had to bring folks in from India on H1B visas as he just could not get the skills locally. We are the same age, he sold his business around three years ago and stayed on for a year to give the new owner a smooth transition. He retired and now keeps twisting my arm to close down my business and retire. He thinks I am crazy to do what I am doing at my age, the responsibility, the time etc.

David would call me in the middle of the day to go clay pigeon shooting and be frustrated when I give him a rain check.

He was commercial/industrial, but his last personal project was his retirement house. We built his entertainment center for him. The black you see around the TV is all speaker cloth with high fidelity sound equipment behind it.

He had a real tough time getting a builder who was willing to build this home, with all the detailed drawings and features none of the home builders around here have ever seen before. Eventually he settled for one of my dedicated builders who agreed to build this for him on a cost plus basis.

IMG_1354.jpeg

IMG_1352.jpeg

Problem his rallies are the lying rant of a madman. You can't understand that? Maybe the dementia is creeping in on you too?
Sure Make America Great Again is madness. And Build Back Better is the same thing but it isn’t. Who’s got dementia?
Nothing to do with content. You specifically addressed ability. Nice deflection.
One can’t speak for more than a minute or so. Even when he’s on msnbc he gets up while still on air and wanders off set like a retard.

Sure Make America Great Again is madness. And Build Back Better is the same thing but it isn’t. Who’s got dementia?
Nothing to do with content. You specifically addressed ability. Nice deflection.
One can’t speak for more than a minute or so. Even when he’s on msnbc he gets up while still on air and wanders off set like a retard.
It’s all about perception. The physical image projected sure does not rhyme with chief of the strongest military force on the globe.

It’s all about perception. The physical image projected sure does not rhyme with chief of the strongest military force on the globe.
I really cant wait to see how they run his campaign. Things are ramping up. No matter who his opponent is at some point he WILL be expected to debate them. Then the world will see just how far gone ole Joe is. What will be their excuse for him not doing that? You know it’s coming. What will be their excuse when the debates are at 9pm two hours past the time when we usually last see him? What will be their excuse when he doesn’t travel round the country rallying and campaigning? Latest AP poll which includes democrats says 65% of Americans do not want him to run again. The democrats are rapidly approaching a dead end and they know it.

I’m glad the rest of the country can admit the truth.
“Those who feels Biden is too old includes a whopping two-thirds of Democrats.”

Not everybody is on the same energy level and level of mental fitness. We have 1000s of living examples that defy the

logic you represent for people over 60 years old. I am 70 and take no big Pharma drugs and still work full time on demand.

I use to work a lot of hours and even recently was working 5 days with 12 hour shifts... that wasn't hard at all but represented a 75% increase in

pay as compared to 40 hours... that was my kind of job for making decent money and having weekends off.

I use to work 5 -14 hour days back when I worked for Penhall. In the oilfield I use to work 16 hour shifts quite often when I would double over for

another shift because somebody was short handed on a 24 / 7 operation. Most of this was working on drilling rigs in Wyoming, Utah and other 4

season places. The only thing that seems to slow me down is being a bit over weight... I would love to get back to 175 lbs again.

Proper diet and sleep habits make for a much higher level of energy and mental fitness. We are working with a home seller right now that is 90.

A strong handshake, good fitness level, and a sharp man for his age... he doesn't need help with much of anything from what I can see.

Yes, he is an exception as and he already outlived his wife.

I’m glad the rest of the country can admit the truth.
“Those who feels Biden is too old includes a whopping two-thirds of Democrats.”

Anybody with a brain can observe Biden for a short period of time and see that he is in serious decline from age factors, not to mention 2 anyurisms in his history... I am surprised he is still alive. Those that think he is still a capable man are in denial and completely normal in a world of twisted bias and perception.

Trump on the other hand, a man that never drank or smoked seems to have good verbal skills and good energy.

Remember nobody wanted Biden the last time. When he got the the SC primary, it was do or die for him. He went on to make a fool out of Trump with the highest vote victory in many decades. Now you are going to say "The election was stolen". Haha.

Turnout66.6%
Increase
6.5 pphttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_United_States_presidential_election#cite_note-7

[TR]
[TD]
50px-Joe_Biden_presidential_portrait_%28cropped%29.jpg
145px-Donald_Trump_official_portrait_%28cropped%29.jpg
NomineeJoe BidenDonald Trump
PartyDemocraticRepublican
Home stateDelawareFlorida[c]
Running mateKamala HarrisMike Pence
Electoral vote306232
States carried25 + DC + NE-0225 + ME-02
Popular vote81,283,501[1]74,223,975[1]
Percentage51.3%46.8%