And I thought "Jobs" was the #1 priority

I have to admit I'm thoroughly disgusted with both major parties and have been for quite a number of years. So much so that I've been registered as "independent" for at least 20 years or so. It seems that once a new Washington resident gets settled in, they lose touch and fall into whatever good ole boy network they fit in. I believe that all current incumbents need to be relieved of their duties and everyone should exercise their voting privilege to achieve that result. So many people complain about the political situation but then quite a few proclaim "why bother to vote"?.

For me, I still have to go to work every day regardless of who is the President or what party is in the majority. I'm fortunate that I currently have a job to go to as well.

Oh well, that's my $.02......

He would no doubt have sung a different tune had he been dependent on unemployment benefits to keep his family afloat....
I'm unemployed every winter, and thus am able to prepare for it, but I cannot imagine being laid off unexpectedly and having a hold up in the money coming in.
Totally out of touch with reality........

we live in the age of computers and a more knowledgeable citizen base..(if they want to be) why cant the elected "representitives" simply (blog) post weekly what they will be voteing on...and then let the public call in (with pin) or vote online thier wishes...then the 'representitives' will truely only vote on the concept of "majority rules"..and before whine whine for those who are undereducated..they can mail these also..plus if only 23-28% voter turn out...its safe to say 3 out of 4 dont care anyway...so those who dont or cant offer imput problably didnt vote anyway....so think of this...elections would no longer be based on "platforms and lies" the moral man would be able to get elected easyer becasue "do you belive in abortion?" "no i dont but that dont matter if a vote comes up for it i post the questions to my people and thier majority vote on the issue determines how i vote!" see how simple it makes everything...our goverment truely becomes of the people for the people...corruption dissapears..and we the people finnaly do and say in our goverment by spending 5 min a day to vote on how we WANT things. and our representitives have to vote based on the majority!!!!!!!

why not remove politicians altogether, we can just vote on the internet.

This current administration to include the senate and the house is a complete failure. I hope all of them get voted out in 2010 and 2012! We need true fiscal conservatives in office, not wanna be republicans (RINOs) or liberals. We need Tort reform and Tax reform. Also we need to get rid of the unions and acorn. I can care less what people think on what I have to say because what I say is accurate. Right is right and wrong is wrong and whats going on in Washington now is wrong!........det45

This current administration to include the senate and the house is a complete failure. I hope all of them get voted out in 2010 and 2012! We need true fiscal conservatives in office, not wanna be republicans (RINOs) or liberals. We need Tort reform and Tax reform. Also we need to get rid of the unions and acorn. I can care less what people think on what I have to say because what I say is accurate. Right is right and wrong is wrong and whats going on in Washington now is wrong!........det45

There seems to be a movement that agrees with you too...

congress is not out of touch.....not all of them.

there are moderates on both sides of the aisles....the simple truth is that amrica's silent majority is the centerists'. the moderates of both parties, Democrats and Republicans are too busy, too lazy and too self centered to be involved.

you have to more than an angry email, or two. my reps. regularly get e-mails from me...they see me, and i go thier appearances.

it takes more than a couple of emails to thier attention....

PS: we talk about congress not being able to make compromises and lead, thier in-ability to solve problems due to politics and ideology.....

but how many of us can compromise on anything....we (all of us) have many discussions that end up at an "i am right you are wrong" stalemate. why is it that all of our serious discussions eventually get devided into to camps?

it usually ends up being "christians/catholics v. non-believers and all other religions" or the typical consevative v. liberal....

HOW CAN WE EXPECT SOMETHING WE CANNOT DO OURSELVES?

who here would elect a man or woman that did not believe in god?
who here would elect a person that had had, or paid for an abortion?
would you vote for a black man? or a woman? what about a muslim?

We (all of us) refuse to vote for qualified people all the time, based on one issue.

that is why the radicals have so much power.

Last edited:
Speak for yourself, I vote conservative however sometimes we are forced to vote for the lesser of two evils ie: mccain! I do think this time around we are going to see real conservatives voted in office and the RINOS and Liberals kicked out!. The days of only moving to the right during a campaign to get elected is OVERWITH! The new Tea Party movement is dropping the dime on these wannabe conservatives. Soon we will see McCain and all of the RINOS/Liberals ousted out of office and it's about time!!!!!!!!

there are moderates on both sides of the aisles....the simple truth is that amrica's silent majority is the centerists'. the moderates of both parties, Democrats and Republicans are too busy, too lazy and too self centered to be involved.

you have to more than an angry email, or two. my reps. regularly get e-mails from me...they see me, and i go thier appearances.

PS: we talk about congress not being able to make compromises and lead, thier in-ability to solve problems due to politics and ideology.....

but how many of us can compromise on anything....we (all of us) have many discussions that end up at an "i am right you are wrong" stalemate. why is it that all of our serious discussions eventually get devided into to camps?

it usually ends up being "christians/catholics v. non-believers and all other religions" or the typical consevative v. liberal....

We (all of us) refuse to vote for qualified people all the time, based on one issue.

its thinking like that...that will keep the Republican Party on the sidelines.

while bible thumping, fire and brimstone conservative rhetoric may work with some. It will alienate the center....and both parties need the center.

I think I understand you point. Although I think it could be better understood reworded. I recently wrote a paper that bashed aristotle's moderation triangle stating that radicals are the ones who get stuff done and guide everyone else. Almost everyone that is great at something is somewhat obsessed with it. Even aristotle wrote tons and tons of books and but then preached moderation. Michael Jordan, the beatles, MLK jr., etc. were all pretty radical into their fields. As far as politics go things clearly could be better but the radicals seem to balance things out. That is why it goes dem dem rep rep dem rep dem dem rep rep (for example) in the white house. I am really pulling for our president and I hope he can go down as one of the best ever and get relected. Odds are he will not get re elected and a rep will be in the white house soon which may be what is best for our country.

I am deeply sorry to everyone on the .org for not bashing pelosi. I will try to step it up and make every one proud next time.

FYI: in order to get hings done, you must mobilize the center. the successful presidents all have one thing in common, the ability to convince those in the center...the moderates to cross over....

whether it is individual voters...or in dealing with your congress. a common sense approach that get people to cross over party lines is how you make things work. its the radicals of both politcals sides that cause the stalemate....

the answer to this country's problem is not going to be found by following the radical right or the radical left....

I'm not sorry about pelosi, she has to go! The sooner the better!

I think I understand you point. Although I think it could be better understood reworded. I recently wrote a paper that bashed aristotle's moderation triangle stating that radicals are the ones who get stuff done and guide everyone else. Almost everyone that is great at something is somewhat obsessed with it. Even aristotle wrote tons and tons of books and but then preached moderation. Michael Jordan, the beatles, MLK jr., etc. were all pretty radical into their fields. As far as politics go things clearly could be better but the radicals seem to balance things out. That is why it goes dem dem rep rep dem rep dem dem rep rep (for example) in the white house. I am really pulling for our president and I hope he can go down as one of the best ever and get relected. Odds are he will not get re elected and a rep will be in the white house soon which may be what is best for our country.

I am deeply sorry to everyone on the .org for not bashing pelosi. I will try to step it up and make every one proud next time.

although she is annoying.....having such a radical as the voice of the democrats does pretty much limit thier ability to further thier agenda...

i would rather have pelosi, because she alienates even people in her own party. having a moderate in her spot would allow people to cross over and even though the steps would be small, it would still movement towards thier ultimate goal..

Watch the movie "citizen zero". It is all about the collapse of banks and how it happened. Really unbelievable stuff. It will make your blood boil!

This is an interesting point that you would bring up. If truth be known you and I have both fallen into this same category many times. :laugh: There are some things as a Christian I cannot compromise on, however there are many that I do. For example, personally I would vote to elect any man or woman that was qualified for the position, however my preference would obviously be someone that believed in God.

Is this why radicals have so much power? In my opinion, I don't believe so. I think the radicals that are currently in power are there as a way to punish the republicans. Many people were very upset over the war and the way the Bush admin was handling things. This resulted in many moderates and even some conservatives to vote dem. I just honestly believe most that voted for the dems didn't realize how far left they were. Now they realize how extreme they are, but it's too late.

Sadly, we needed good moderate candidates for this last election and unfortunately neither fit the bill. Now we have what we have and we can only hope to make changes in the up-coming elections.

Last edited:
This is an interesting point that you would bring up. If truth be known you and I have both fallen into this same category many times. :laugh: There are some things as a Christian I cannot compromise on, however there are many that I do. For example, personally I would vote to elect any man or woman that was qualified for the position, however my preference would obviously be someone that believed in God.

Is this why radicals have so much power? In my opinion, I don't believe so. I think the radicals that are currently in power are there as a way to punish the republicans. Many people were very upset over the war and the way the Bush admin was handling things. This resulted in many moderates and even some conservatives to vote dem. I just honestly believe most that voted for the dems didn't realize how far left they were. Now they realize how extreme they are, but it's too late.

Sadly, we needed good moderate candidates for this last election and unfortunately neither fit the bill. Now we have what we have and we can only hope to make changes in the up-coming elections.

I have to pop in here on this. How is the administration thats currently in power far left? Is it because they are trying to make competition for the hearth costs to try and bring them down so we can all be covered? is it because they are spending a lot of money to try and boost the economy that the far right destroyed? Is it because after all these years of being controled by the far right that they are trying to bring it in the middle, and even thats to far for the far right?

This whole thread has a lot of accusations, but I never see them backed up with why they believe it. Kinda just like talking points. :beerchug:

You and I both vote on who we believe is fit for office, but unlike you I keep my religion and goverment separate.

I have to pop in here on this. How is the administration thats currently in power far left? Is it because they are trying to make competition for the hearth costs to try and bring them down so we can all be covered? is it because they are spending a lot of money to try and boost the economy that the far right destroyed? Is it because after all these years of being controled by the far right that they are trying to bring it in the middle, and even thats to far for the far right?

This whole thread has a lot of accusations, but I never see them backed up with why they believe it. Kinda just like talking points. :beerchug:

You and I both vote on who we believe is fit for office, but unlike you I keep my religion and goverment separate.

Are you serious? You don't find this admin to be far left? Do we really need to post examples? I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but do you own a TV or a radio?

I mean I guess I can spend another half hour of my life posting examples if you really have no idea, but I have the feeling it may not matter. Your previous posts indicate you obviously see no wrong with this current admin so I doubt anything myself or anyone else posts will change your mind.

Go for it, lets see what you got. Sorry, I dont watch fox news or listen to rush much. ???

I didn't say anything about me not finding anything wrong with the current administration, but thanks for putting words into my post.

Last edited:
Back