An Iraq Veteran gives a personal message for Obama

So the liberal few think we should bury our heads in the sand and hope they don't attack us.

Let me see.... Pearl Harbor, NYC. These people and the liberal media need a history lesson.

If you actually believe that, you should never get involved if you see someone breaking into your neighbors house. After all, you probably have enough trouble under your our roof (like most uf us have), to get involved in calling the police or trying to stop the burglers. And, they will not be bothering you if they are breaking into your neighbors house. If you see someone in a hit and run, don't get involved! You need to worry about getting that pack of smokes from the store you were going to when you saw the crime.

If you see a teenager driving like an idiot through town, don't get involved. It won't be you that gets run over by his reckless driving.

Why should we have gotten involved when S H (saddam Hussein or Sh$# Head, your choice) invaded Kuwait? Those people are not us.

There is no difference in these scenarios, just the scale has been changed.

I have seen many of the places we have "gotten involved in" and many we have not. The world is a better place because of the United States of America! :cheerleader:

Actullay,
I have gotten involved, while someone was doing harm to my neighbors property friend .......

On more than on occasion.... See I live in (NYC) were ONLY the bad guys can carry pistols and not go to jail .. :whistle:... In both instances my hands spoke for me... But that was for my "Neighbor" and to take your though a little further... I would also get involved if a woman was in trouble on the street as I rode by.... However I fully unerstand that I cannot come to everyones rescue AND if I was foolish enough to think I could then one day I probably would not make it home to my wife and children...

We all have a role to play in life, and from time to time we do need to let some one else step UP...

Also note:
I find it very interesting how we would refer to a fellow board members opinion as stupid.. I would never refer to some ones opinion in that manner.. I guess that just says something about me huh...
All I can say is Life experience and were and HOW we are raised colors us all a little different..
We definitely destined to repeat mistakes over an over again when were are not informed AND we are comfortably calling people names that have a difference in opinion from us..

I teach my kids NOT to behave this way, I also teach my sons to speak up for the weaker smaller kid in class when the bully comes around, since like me my boys tend to be larger fellows..

Firts let mesay I support our troops and appreciate all that they have accomplished and acheived....

However, I do not believe that our armed forces should be the police force for the world.. Don't we have enough wrong at home here in the US?
Again, I believe our troops do an admirable job when ever called upon and they are all indeed heroes for carrying out there missions, both home and abroad...

Here is were my opinion differs from the video, I do not believe that we ever had any business in Iraq.... Saddam Husein was no real treat to the US ..
While he was a tyrant and a butcher to his people, YES, I do not getting rid of him was worth even one solders life... The rest of the world DOES NOT appreciate our sacrifice... And I'm not making this statement based off of media images, I happen to have a few coworkers that are of middle eastern decent, (Syria, and Lebanon..) Both co workers are Christians, and both tell stories of how much hatred exists between Muslims and Christians in the area countries, both co-workers are well traveled and well educated..

They both tell the same story to me,
The USA cannot solve the root problem in the middle east, Muslims and Christians in the region for many years have NOT been able to get along, and it has only gotten worse with the rise of radical Islam.... The USA cannot change the way these people think, our presence there actually causes enemies like Shiites and Sunni Muslims to actually work together AGAINST US....

Make no mistake,many people over there in the region need help, I understand that but at what costs to us ??
Were is the help being sent to Africa ? Plenty of blood thirsty dictators over there?

Most of our politicians in Congress both Democratic & Republican have never served in any armed forces ??? What makes these people qualified to send our guys into harms way? Why is the American public so quick to believe what ever they see on TV or on the INTERNET? Why don't most people read books and research things any more instead of accepting everything as gospel ???

Sorry for the rant, just saying, I support the guys, respect what there doing... Wish we didn't loose any of em !!!!

But I do not believe that we need to be there, and I know I'm not
un-american...
The whole middle east issue is just way to complicated to resolve with the US armed forces... Unless we intend to be there for the next 50 - 100 years or so...

:thumbsup:Excellent post, although it will mostly go unheard here on Republitards.org. And as far as some Right wing fanatic calling your opinion stupid: that's just par for the course around here.

It is easy for us to judge what is right and wrong while we sit in our cozy homes here in America. Sadam was just as bad or worse than Hitler. Hitler at least did not experiment on his own people, Sadam did. The comments from our men and women in service means more about whether what we are doing is right or wrong than anyone else. They see what is happening first hand. Whether the war was started for the right reasons, most soldiers risking their lives feel it was a necessary move. If we sit around and ignore everything around us in the world it will send a message that the US is an easy target. Yes we are the police of the world, no one else has the balz to do it!! Guess that leaves it up to us to protect ourselves and democracy as a whole. We dismantle our weapons, cut funding for defense and sit around like the democrats want and lets see what happens on our own soil. This is a new time and a different type of fight. These cowards don't stand and fight , they hide and promote terror. Take a look at what they are doing in other countries in Europe. That could be us really soon. My dad told me stories of when he was in the Navy during the time of Carter and having to rig engines on destroyers with things like bobby pins because of funding cut backs. He was in the military for 25 years and is a republican mainly because of his experiences in the military. I don't agree fully with either candidate. Wish we had a better choice, but I will vote for the lesser of the two evils.

:thumbsup:Excellent post, although it will mostly go unheard here on Republitards.org. And as far as some Right wing fanatic calling your opinion stupid: that's just par for the course around here.

Kind of like the pot calling the kettle black isn't it!! It's a shame some have to call others names.

So the liberal few think we should bury our heads in the sand and hope they don't attack us.

Let me see.... Pearl Harbor, NYC. These people and the liberal media need a history lesson.

Interesting, tell me about NYC ???
I only live here, my wife was working in Manhattan at the time.. And her best friend worked for Cantor Fitzgerald, the one company that lost 80% of its employees when the towers went down.. Please tell me.........
Please tell me about how the site burned at over 1000 degrees at its core for six months, please tell me about how the smoke from the site could be seen through out the five boroughs of NYC with no problem for all of those six months.. Please tell me about the cops and firemen down there for almost a year sifting through crap 3 of which are family members of mine... Please tell me..

This was no Pearl Harbor friend... this was NOT a country that attacked us, and it definitely was not Iraq friend...

Make no mistake,many people over there in the region need help, I understand that but at what costs to us ??
Were is the help being sent to Africa ? Plenty of blood thirsty dictators over there?

Most of our politicians in Congress both Democratic & Republican have never served in any armed forces ??? What makes these people qualified to send our guys into harms way?

Africa?? Ever heard of Somalia?? :whistle::whistle:

Let us not forget that one of those who never served in any of the armed forces is a man by the name of Obama yet many are wanting to put him in the oval office. :whistle::whistle:

Africa?? Ever heard of Somalia?? :whistle::whistle:

Let us not forget that one of those who never served in any of the armed forces is a man by the name of Obama yet many are wanting to put him in the oval office. :whistle::whistle:

1. There is a whole LOT more to the continent of Africa than Somalia.. And I guess we got out of there because there was no oil resources or real estate we wanted to control as there is in the Middle East..

2. Armed forces experience IS NOT a prerequisite to occupy the office of president, Congress, Governor, Mayor ... and the list goes on...

1. There is a whole LOT more to the continent of Africa than Somalia.. And I guess we got out of there because there was no oil resources or real estate we wanted to control as there is in the Middle East..

2. Armed forces experience IS NOT a prerequisite to occupy the office of president, Congress, Governor, Mayor ... and the list goes on...

If it is about the oil why haven't we been taking it from Iraq?? I also agree there is much more to Africa but as with everything, have to deal with the most serious matters first. As for Somalia, we pulled out of there before we should have and look what happened. Everyone soldier who lost their lives there died for nothing. Who was in the white house when that happened??

Oh, it was Clinton, another president that didn't have military experience. And I did not say military experience was a prerequisite, just making comment to your statement about those in the congress and senate not having military experience and sending our boys into harms way. Can't have it both ways :whistle:

If it is about the oil why haven't we been taking it from Iraq?? I also agree there is much more to Africa but as with everything, have to deal with the most serious matters first. As for Somalia, we pulled out of there before we should have and look what happened. Everyone soldier who lost their lives there died for nothing. Who was in the white house when that happened??

Oh, it was Clinton, another president that didn't have military experience. And I did not say military experience was a prerequisite, just making comment to your statement about those in the congress and senate not having military experience and sending our boys into harms way. Can't have it both ways :whistle:

1 . I never said we wanted Iraq's oil, although many belive it to be a bonus.. A large base there to reach out and touch Iran though.... Hmmmmm now theres a thought huh.. ????

2. As far as Clinton goes, I think a lot of his dissisions were the military was concerned were totally off...

Also:

1. Don't want it both ways.. What I'm saying is congress authorizes wars.. For the most part most of them do not serve, so they make the call with other peoples children lives NOT really understanding WAR first hand.. So its easy to talk tuff when you don't have to handle the trouble yourself..
Fact.... whether I like it or not....

2. I'm not aware of very many jobs that mandate military service before hire... Most if not all decent paying careers /vocations would request or require a college degree...

Interesting, tell me about NYC ???
I only live here, my wife was working in Manhattan at the time.. And her best friend worked for Cantor Fitzgerald, the one company that lost 80% of its employees when the towers went down.. Please tell me.........
Please tell me about how the site burned at over 1000 degrees at its core for six months, please tell me about how the smoke from the site could be seen through out the five boroughs of NYC with no problem for all of those six months.. Please tell me about the cops and firemen down there for almost a year sifting through crap 3 of which are family members of mine... Please tell me..

This was no Pearl Harbor friend... this was NOT a country that attacked us, and it definitely was not Iraq friend...

Have you served in the military?

As for Somalia, we pulled out of there before we should have and look what happened. Everyone soldier who lost their lives there died for nothing. Who was in the white house when that happened??

I guess I could make the same argument about George H W Bush stopping the offensive, pulling out of Iraq and telling Iraq’s Shiites to “take matters into their own handsâ€￾. We all now what happened next.

Have you served in the military?

No military, don't pretend to have served.. I registered with selective service as a young man as was required, and went to college right after high school, got a four year degree and took a job with a large private sector company when I was done with school... If I would have been needed I would have went though.. I from a blue collar family of city workers here in NYC, Cops, firemen.. etc...

Back