Obama-mccain issue comparison chart

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
My step father droped me this email. Copy and pasted. McCain is the first and Obama the last. (yes/no stand)

r8

OBAMA-MCCAIN ISSUE COMPARISON CHART

ISSUE JOHN McCAIN
BARAK OBAMA

Favors new drilling offshore US Yes / No
Will appoint judges who interpret the law not make it Yes / No

Served in the US Armed Forces Yes / No
Amount of time served in the US Senate 22 YEARS / 173 DAYS
Will institute a socialized national health care plan No / Yes
Supports abortion throughout the pregnancy No / Yes
Would pull troops out of Iraq immediately No / Yes
Supports gun ownership rights Yes / No
Supports homosexual marriage No /Yes
Proposed programs will mean a huge tax increase No / Yes
Voted against making English the official language No / Yes
Voted to give Social Security benefits to illegals No / Yes

CAPITAL GAINS TAX

MCCAIN 0% on home sales up to $500,000 per home (couples). McCain does not propose any change in existing home sales income tax.

OBAMA 28% on profit from ALL home sales. (How does this affect you? If you sell your home and make a profit, you will pay 28% of your gain on taxes.

If you are heading toward retirement and would like to down-size your home or move into a retirement community, 28% of the money you make from your home will go to taxes. This proposal will adversely affect the elderly who are counting on the income from their homes as part of their retirement income.)

DIVIDEND TAX

MCCAIN 15% (no change)

OBAMA 39.6% - (How will this affect you? If you have any money invested in stock market, IRA, mutual funds, college funds, life insurance, retirement accounts, or anything that pays or reinvests dividends, you will now be paying nearly 40% of the money earned on taxes if Obama becomes president. The experts predict that 'Higher tax rates on dividends and capital gains would crash the stock market, yet do absolutely nothing to cut the deficit.')

INCOME TAX

MCCAIN
(no changes) Single making 30K - tax $4,500
Single making 50K - tax $12,500
Single making 75K - tax $18,750
Married making 60K- tax $9,000
Married making 75K - tax $18,750
Married making 125K - tax $31,250

OBAMA (reversion to pre-Bush tax cuts) Single making 30K - tax $8,400
Single making 50K - tax $14,000
Single making 75K - tax $23,250
Married making 60K - tax $16,800
Married making 75K - tax $21,000
Married making 125K - tax $38,750
Under Obama, your taxes could almost double!

INHERITANCE TAX

MCCAIN - 0% (No change, Bush repealed this tax)

OBAMA Restore the inheritance tax
Many families have lost businesses, farms, ranches, and homes that have been in their families for generations because they could not afford the inheritance tax. Those willing their assets to loved ones will only lose them to these taxes.

NEW TAXES PROPOSED BY OBAMA

New government taxes proposed on homes that are more than 2400 square feet. New gasoline taxes (as if gas weren't high enough already) New taxes on natural resources consumption (heating gas, water, electricity) New taxes on retirement accounts, and last but not least....New taxes to pay for socialized medicine so we can receive the same level of medical care as other third-world countries.

Right wing BS! Largely untrue and misleading to everyone who doesn't read and decide for themselves. Again, shame on you! The truth shall set you free come November 4th!!!

Right wing BS! Largely untrue and misleading to everyone who doesn't read and decide for themselves. Again, shame on you! The truth shall set you free come November 4th!!!

Yeah, untrue and misleading. If you say so.

Right wing bs? :rofl:

r8

This is from your sources :

His Democratic opponent, meanwhile, has said he would raise the capital gains rate to 20% for couples making more than $250,000 and single filers with incomes greater than $200,000. Obama, who did not change his capital gains stance when he laid out his own economic crisis response Monday, would also eliminate capital gains tax on gains from investments in startup companies.

Obama says he wants to make corporate taxes more uniform, with lower rates and fewer loopholes. He would extend some of the Bush tax cuts, such as the child-credit expansions and cuts on capital gains and dividend taxes for taxpayers in the 10%, 15%, 25%, and 28% brackets.

Thanks for the truth rune even if it took a couple posts to get there.

Hmmmmm....the list forgot to mention the most important part....which by the way, is not political propaganda BS......Obama wants your hanguns, all center point ammo, semi-auto's of all makes/models and would like to add a 500% sales tax on anything bigger than a BB gun. Stock up now, while we're still free.

Hmmmmm....the list forgot to mention the most important part....which by the way, is not political propaganda BS......Obama wants your hanguns, all center point ammo, semi-auto's of all makes/models and would like to add a 500% sales tax on anything bigger than a BB gun. Stock up now, while we're still free.

If its not too much trouble...PROVE that statement.

Hang on to your britches dude, the left wing is in "LOVE" with this radical man called "Obama" and they will soon attack you and defend their Messiah by any means and at all cost!

English will never be our official language, judges can not make laws, and no woman can leagally get an abortion past a certain gestation point

and again after d i c k heller v the district of columbia the gun issue will be completely void unless Obama gets elected and appoints liberal judges in place of conservative judges or the swing judge but this is very difficult and probably wont happen. if it does it will take years

For the sake of discussion let us say that the first post is in fact out of line. I don't think it is but let's just say it is.

Hot off the press.

The Tax Foundation - Much of Small Business Income Will See Tax Hike If Rates Are Raised in Top Two Brackets

Now, if small business pays the burden of taxes where will the increase in tax be put?

Remember, 40% of citizens don't pay any tax.

r8

We see this 40% mentioned a lot.

What is not mentioned is that this same 40% (the bottom of wager earners in the US) own .2% of the wealth.

Using data for 1983. Wealth is concentrated in the hands of a small number of families. The wealthiest 1 percent of families owns roughly 34.3% of the nation's net worth, the top 10% of families owns over 71%, and the bottom 40% of the population owns way less than 1%.

Lets look at it this way. If all the wealth in the US totalled $100.00. The top 1% would get $34.30. The other 9% get $36.70. So the top 10% get $71.00 of the total. That leaves just $29.00 for 90% of the population. Ok so the next 10% get $13.40. The next 20% get $11.30. The Next 20% get just $3.80. Ok So now we have 60% of the population getting $99.70. Remember there is only $100.00 for everyone. So that leaves us with this bottom 40%, they get a whopping .30 (30 cents) to distribute.

Are you really that bent out of shape that the bottom 40% who own .3% of the mations wealth don't pay taxes?

Source: <http://www.federalreserve.gov/pubs/oss/oss2/scfindex.html>

good read on the tax foundation. I am against any increase in taxes. We just need to use the money more effeciently. And clearly the definition of 'small business' is crucial to the info presented in the article. I do not see how small business employs half the work force here in Oklahoma but perhaps it does, again depending on definition.

And I wouldn't worry too much about the lower class paying taxes or not, that is another issue.

And I wouldn't worry too much about the lower class paying taxes or not, that is another issue.

The lower class won't pay. They don't now but they will get more freebies.

I read somewhere that incomes under $42,000 can apply for food assistance in some states.

r8

Im almost ok with them not paying taxes..But to give them tax credits? Now you are giving then money they didnt put into the system.

Please show me where tax credits = receiving a check? I have not seen this anywhere and I would like to see it in print.

As far as incomes less that 42K applying for food stamps. I think that would apply to families. But what exactly is your implication that families with kids that make less than 42K do not deserve assistance?

Please show me where tax credits = receiving a check? I have not seen this anywhere and I would like to see it in print.

As far as incomes less that 42K applying for food stamps. I think that would apply to families. But what exactly is your implication that families with kids that make less than 42K do not deserve assistance?

My problem, and I have seen it first hand, is the families that get paid to sit on there azzes and not work collecting more money than the family struggling to make it and working. If they get a job, then the money is taken away so they do not have any incentive to work. This is a real problem and needs to be addressed and I have not seen either candidate address it in a way that will help but Obama is less productive than Mccain on this subject from what I see.

Back