Obama and Taxes

Your wrong...I know people that do not make a bunch of money and had their homes forclosed on due to lost wages...these people aren't getting rich, they were trying to survive.

BYW-I PAID for my kids teeth.

What do you think could be done to prevent foreclosures? No one taking responsibility for their actions.

BTW. I`m paying for everything myself since I was 16. and only one supporting my family.

Why can't anyone from the left see that we don't need MORE government! We need LESS government! All the left wants is to rule the world. It's almost like a pinky and the brain cartoon. Brain is the democratic presedent and pinky is. . . your pick, he can be the senate, the house, or the VP. Always some new plan to take over the world, that inevitably fails, then blame it on everyone else. I hate politics. . . I really need to stop reading this thread. . .

I'll tell you what, jobs in my area are tough and even the ones who still have them are making considerably less...Myself and many I know are in the housing, manufacturing, and construction industries and when it crashed it crashed fast and hard. I don't know if anything could have been done. I don't get the financial institutions of this country. You can't get blood from a turnip and taking the hard road, throwing people out and leaving the vacant house on a dead market seems counter productive. I would think cutting the people some slack and maybe tacking on the x amout of past due months on the back of a loan (be it car, house, or credit card) working with people would yeild more financial sound results. Take there house, take their car, take whatever else, drag em thru court...they just declare bankruptcy and everyone loses and the financial institutions get little to nothing and lose their arse. I am at a loss on the whole thing...

An add in the paper in my area typically generates 100-200 apps for one job.

I got no problem with laying the responsibility where it belongs...being a republican I am HARD on accountability. Indeed one issue I have with Democrats, not just the ones in politics but the ones I personally know, always blame something or someone else and point fingers.

BTW-Not happy with Mr. Bush either...never been more disappointed in a President...he doesn't get a pass either.

Last edited:
Bottom line.
Our country is in very poor shape now.
This war must end.

Nothing is more important then that.

+1 for less government

I know I will take heat for it but here's a couple of this country's problems today.

#1. We need to be more God serving and less self serving

#2. We need to be more self sufficient and less government dependant

#3. We need to become more responsible and held accountable for our personal actions. Just because you were bullied as a kid isn't reason enough to draw disability from the Gov.

#4. Spanking works, time out doesn't (not to be confused with abuse)

#5. You want something, get it the old fashioned way, work for it

#6. Prison should be a punishment not a plush rec club, if it were not pleasant more people would work harder to never return

#7. Welfare agencies should have a task force that does home visits, if you are abusing the system you get cut from the program. Drug testing would be mandatory as well, I have to pass one to keep drawing my check.

#8. If you are a fugitive from justice you can't draw welfare. If the courts issue a warrant for your arrest the welfare office should be allowed to provide the police with the address of where your check is mailed.

#9. Kids will be kids, they are active, they are rowdy, they love to run and jump. This isn't a disease it is normal, refer back to #4 as medication will make them less active and that results in obesity.

#10. You want to file a frivilous lawsuit, filing fees should be $25,000 payable by the attorney filing the case, if they win it is returned, if they lose they are out 25K. This would prevent some of the BS suits filed every day.

Last edited:
+1 for less government

I know I will take heat for it but here's a couple of this country's problems today.

#1. We need to be more God serving and less self serving

#2. We need to be more self sufficient and less government dependant

#3. We need to become more responsible and held accountable for our personal actions. Just because you were bullied as a kid isn't reason enough to draw disability from the Gov.

#4. Spanking works, time out doesn't (not to be confused with abuse)

#5. You want something, get it the old fashioned way, work for it

#6. Prison should be a punishment not a plush rec club, if it were not pleasant more people would work harder to never return

#7. Welfare agencies should have a task force that does home visits, if you are abusing the system you get cut from the program. Drug testing would be mandatory as well, I have to pass one to keep drawing my check.

#8. If you are a fugitive from justice you can't draw welfare. If the courts issue a warrant for your arrest the welfare office should be allowed to provide the police with the address of where your check is mailed.

#9. Kids will be kids, they are active, they are rowdy, they love to run and jump. This isn't a disease it is normal, refer back to #4 as medication will make them less active and that results in obesity.

#10. You want to file a frivilous lawsuit, filing fees should be $25,000 payable by the attorney filing the case, if they win it is returned, if they lose they are out 25K. This would prevent some of the BS suits filed every day.

That's what I'm talking about....it's a fine start :bowdown:

Lawyers have destroyed this country, the ones in court and the ones on capital hill.

and while we are at it let us not forget that the positions in the house of reps and senate were not intended by our founding fathers to be lifelong careers. Let's limit these to two terms, punish treason and corruption by death and put the working person who still has some common sense back in charge of the country.

Our Country's Forefathers Left the British and Formed the USA because they wanted LESS Government. Seperation from Church and State. Freedom of Speach Etc..... How does MORE Government Involvement in your day to day life going to Help ? ???

I just Can't Believe The Democrats are that STUPID :stoopid:

Whatever, OBAMA WILL NOT WIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bottom line.
Our country is in very poor shape now.
This war must end.

Nothing is more important then that.

How many years have you served in the military? I know I'm not a member of the military, and therefore have no clue what is REALLY going on over there. (I really hope you don't think you know based on the news, especially local news) What I do know is when the soldiers that are over there are reinlisting because they WANT to be there and they believe that what we're doing over there is THE RIGHT THING, then there's nothing more to talk about. I can't stand it when I hear people around me talk about how this war is the whole problem with everything and this war needs to end and yada yada yada. . . Well, if that's the case, then why are so many soldiers choosing NOT to come home and stay over there and believe that what we're doing is what we should be doing? To all you people that think it's the worst thing in the world, I say get your head out of your butt, quit believing everything you see on the news (remember, there's no news like bad news) and listen to the people that actually know what they're talking about. THE F'ING SOLDIERS! Oh, and the last thing we need is a comander in chief that has never served in the US military and has no clue about warfare, what goes on on a battlefield, and has no clue about real foriegn policy.

And to everyone on here that has ever served this country in any form of military, THANK YOU!!!!

+1 if it were not for them we would be speaking something besides english and not have the freedom to argue as we have all night!

Oh, and the last thing we need is a comander in chief that has never served in the US military and has no clue about warfare, what goes on on a battlefield, and has no clue about real foriegn policy.

I feel completely opposite. Did you forget history what happened when General rule the country.

Let me remind you:

1. Joseph Stalin
2. Adolf Hitler.
3. Benito Mussolini.
4. Pinochet
5. Pol Pot
6. Fidel Castro

Enough? I just started.

Now try to remember another side:
John Adams, Abraham Lincoln, Woodrow Wilson, FDR

.and by the way commander-in-chief isn’t a military position. It’s a civilian office.

I did served in army, I personally killed more Afghan terrorists then you can count... That is not the point.

I do have many friends who is serving now.

It wont matter which of those 2 win. We will continue in this country living against what the Constitution says.

What a waste election after election. Doesnt matter if its a Republican or Democrat... country will not get any better. Look at how successful both parties have been in the past.

Why do we pay taxes anyways on our income when the Constituion says we shouldn't be taxed on our labor. Even the military who defend this country have to pay taxes on money that supposedly came from taxes to pay them. Retarded

I feel completely opposite. Did you forget history what happened when General rule the country.

Let me remind you:

1. Joseph Stalin
2. Adolf Hitler.
3. Benito Mussolini.
4. Pinochet
5. Pol Pot
6. Fidel Castro

Enough? I just started.

Now try to remember another side:
John Adams, Abraham Lincoln, Woodrow Wilson, FDR

.and by the way commander-in-chief isn’t a military position. It’s a civilian office.

I did served in army, I personally killed more Afghan terrorists then you can count... That is not the point.

I do have many friends who is serving now.

I am fully aware that commander-in-chief is not a military position, but I do believe that the leader of our country should have military background, and I find it completely asinine for you to associate any of our presidents with monsters like hitler and mussolini. I can't believe that you would compare any of our presidents to brutal, cold blooded murderers.

Back